Profile for Mr D R King > Reviews

Onezero [VINYL]
Onezero [VINYL]
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars Audiophile heaven, 24 Oct 2014
This review is from: Onezero [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Astonishingly good, one of the best sounding albums I have ever bought.

while(1<2) [Explicit]
while(1<2) [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best albums I've heard in a while :), 23 Aug 2014
Just spent a very pleasant evening listening to this latest offering from Deadmau5.
I would say a little more cultured and cerebral than his previous work kinda Trent Reznor meets Max Richter with a drum machine.
All in all, cleverly constructed, dynamic in style yet coherent as an album with some gloriously sun shimmering tunes.
Bit of a treasure really, and I'd have no hesitation recommending it to a friend.
Listening to it again.........this is sooooo gooood.

Queen of Denmark [VINYL]
Queen of Denmark [VINYL]

1.0 out of 5 stars Proof positive that reviews can be taken with a pinch of salt., 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Queen of Denmark [VINYL] (Vinyl)
This came highly recommended by a friend.
Unawares, the first spin of this left me open mouthed.......speechless!
Honeybear, butterscotch, Sigourney Weaver, Chicken Bones, and those Ali.....ens...! Hmmmm......bit random.
And why is there a squashed bird on the back cover!
Anyway, after seeing the number of people giving this 5 stars I thought I'd start afresh, wipe the slate.
This time I listened with my teenage daughter, just to see if it was me.
Well the result was two people wide eyed, open mouthed eventually rolling round unable to stand.
Overall it's astonishing, middle of the road, non sensical drivel which I found awful beyond belief.
But I suppose it was side splittingly funny for a time.
As a piece of music though, it's probably one of the worst toe curling albums I have ever heard.
Is there anything positive to say? Well yes, the production and arrangements are pretty good, and unbelievably there's even a 180g vinyl version of it.
Does this redeem the album in any way..........No.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2014 2:43 PM GMT

KabelDirekt 2m angle 270° High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet 1.4a / 2.0 supports Full HD / Ultra HD 3D ARC
Offered by KabelDirekt

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine., 13 Feb 2014
Good quality for the money. Used it to connect various bits of kit to the back of my TV as it had those awkward HDMI connection near the sides.
Fine, no problems.

21 Spices (Vinyl) [VINYL]
21 Spices (Vinyl) [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: 21 Spices (Vinyl) [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Bought this on the recommendation of a friend - wow glad I did!

I've found myself listening to more and more 70s 80s jazz fusion late Friday and Saturday nights. Weather report, Passport, Stanley Clark, Return to Forever etc. bit of a track down memory lane.

Well, this fits right in but when these guys get in a groove - bloody hell! Absolutely sublime and blew my socks off.
I'm now finding it a struggle not to over play it.

Simply stunning.

If this type of music is your thing - highly highly recommended.

We Were Here [VINYL]
We Were Here [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Album, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: We Were Here [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I'm new to Turin Brakes. I've heard of them on many occasions but never listened to one of there albums, so this is the first.

I bought the vinyl version which is an 180 grammer in a colourful splatter design. Pressing quality is good and sound production excellent....... no digital compression and poor mastering ruining the sound here!
I've listened to this album 5 or 6 times now, each time it gets better. As some have said "a real grower". If I had to pick a stand out track it would be the Pink floydish Blindsided Again which I can't get out of my head but there are many good tracks here.

So this is an album that is going to be busy in the rack and I'm looking forward to listening to their back catalog.

A good album and pleased I bought it.

Tlapa The Odeon Remixes [VINYL]
Tlapa The Odeon Remixes [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Odeon, 2 Nov 2013
I found Odeon put me to sleep, though I'm not knocking it but maybe not up to their best.
This however is a different kettle of fish and resolves the shortcomings of Odeon's rather sedate pace.
Dark yet upbeat and sublime mixing brings Tosca back to there best.

For those with "HiFi" systems this is grade A fuel.

Ten Summoner's Tales [VINYL]
Ten Summoner's Tales [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 20 April 2013
I bought this to replace an old cassette and had been struggling to find it on vinyl - thank you for the re-release. The harmonica on Shape of my Heart is sublime.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2013 10:42 PM BST

Discovery [VINYL]
Discovery [VINYL]

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm a bit poppy for me!, 20 April 2013
This review is from: Discovery [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I tend to like something a little more challenging but if I was putting something on for my teenage daughter its fine.

Future Sound of Jazz Vol.2 [VINYL]
Future Sound of Jazz Vol.2 [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 20 April 2013
Sophisticated night time listening. There is the odd throw in filler but overall, another great album in the future sounds series.

Page: 1 | 2