Profile for Gareth Brooke > Reviews

Content by Gareth Brooke

Gareth Brooke (Leeds, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Back To Basics
Back To Basics
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars [] Back to Basics, 21 Oct. 2006
This review is from: Back To Basics (Audio CD)
She's back and back for good! 'Back to Basics' should be seen as an excellant album just due to the fact that she's made a change to her music style and shes kept with it throughout a long, but in no way over-made album.

The obvious Jazz/Blues influences are fluent throughout and make every song sound new and fresh despite their old sounding feel.

Stand out tracks;

Future Sex / Love Sounds
Future Sex / Love Sounds
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars [] Future Sex / Love Sounds, 21 Oct. 2006
I am a BIG fan of Mr. JT and this album surely shows why!

The album starts where 'Justified' left off! My favourite tracks below...

My Love - (10/10) Absolutely love this track its so simple yet so catchy and doesn't get boring. T.I. is also good in the song and his rap goes with the rythym and flow of the song. With obvious production by Timbaland (this guy's a legend) you can't really go wrong.

What Goe's Around (Comes Around) (10/10) Again I absolutely love this song because the lyrics are great and so is the beat. Only hitch with this song is the references of which many believe to be aimed at Britney Spears; we heard all that business on 'Justified' so leave it there Justin!

Chop Me Up (9/10) Nice to see JT going a bit more 'urban'. This is a fresh track and I like it. Three 6 Mafia are good in the song too but Timbaland... as much as I like him; that's only as a producer as his raps ain't that good and I'm sick of hearing him use the same lyric 'AKA Thomas Crown'. Otherwise, good song!

Losing My Way (9/10) Excellant song and nice to see JT talking about serius matters other than Britney Spears. The song is again simple but in no way boring. Love the lyrics. Love the beats. Love the song.

They are my favourite songs on the album but that doesn't mean I think all the other songs are rubbish and they are no way seen as filler's. It's just I think the tracks above are the stand out tracks on the album and I hope to see them released as singles.

Overall... love this album and bring on Mr. JT's 3rd!

B'day
B'day
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

2.0 out of 5 stars [] B'day, 21 Oct. 2006
This review is from: B'day (Audio CD)
To be honest, I had high hopes for this album but it just disappointed me more than it entertained me. I absolutely hate 'Deja Vu' as I think its the most uninspiring song ever! 'Ring The Alarm' is different and it's OK but the stand out song on the album has to be 'Irreplaceable' because I think it's like a Destiny's Child sounding track and in my eyes you can't go wrong with that!

The best thing that Beyonce could do right now is get back with Kelly & Michelle and make proper R&B music like she used to do.

*Also, STOP doing duet's with Jay Z... we get the point that you two are together but your duets (& there are many) are just pointless. Try collaborating with other artists!*

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6