Profile for xxstarburstxx > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The New Encyclopedia of Crochet Techniques
The New Encyclopedia of Crochet Techniques
by Jan Eaton

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. if you only want to buy one book ..., 30 Nov. 2014
Brilliant. if you only want to buy one book on crochet techniques this is the one to buy. Clear, concise and packed with information. Great for both beginners & advanced crocheters.

PajamaMania Flannel Dressing Gowns-Rose-SM
PajamaMania Flannel Dressing Gowns-Rose-SM
Offered by Sleepytime Pyjamas

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 30 Nov. 2014
What a surprise this was - its fab! Good quality, bright and cheerful. Plenty of room and very cosy. I LOVE it. Bargain!!

The Girl With All The Gifts
The Girl With All The Gifts
by M. R. Carey

5.0 out of 5 stars I read a LOT and enjoy varied genres but this was a new experience for ..., 30 Nov. 2014
I rarely write reviews but this book warrants the effort. I read a LOT and enjoy varied genres but this was a new experience for me. A fantastic book. The story is riveting, the characters all well rounded and interesting although not always likeable. I don't want to spoil it for anyone and so will only say that it is set in a dystopian England after a virus has decimated most of the population. It flows and it flows… Usually I take my books to a charity shop when I have finished them but not this one - I shall pass it around. And around.

Tefal Madras Collection 26 cm Kadai
Tefal Madras Collection 26 cm Kadai
Offered by Harts Of Stur

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job very well, 11 Aug. 2013
After watching Rick Steins series on finding the perfect curry I felt the need to buy the correct equipment and have a go. Sadly could not get the real thing in this country but after consulting an Indian friend living in England I purchased the above. It's great! Does the job perfectly and now is in regular use. Love it.
Delivery & packaging excellent.

The 20/20 Experience
The 20/20 Experience
Offered by positivenoise

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 30 April 2013
This review is from: The 20/20 Experience (Audio CD)
My first JT album and I have to say I LOVE it! Really good boogie-ing tunes. Great in the car tho not sure what passing drivers think to me bopping along!
At least 5 fab songs and the rest are still great...

Finishing Techniques for Handknitters
Finishing Techniques for Handknitters
by Jane Crowfoot

5.0 out of 5 stars Ticks all the boxes..., 25 Feb. 2012
Just great! Since buying this book recently I have been able to revise ways that I finish items, confirm that some of the methods I use are correct and and get new ideas for casting on and finishing techniques. It is well explained with good pictures. I love it and will be recommending it to fellow knitters..

Tea at Fortnum & Mason
Tea at Fortnum & Mason
by Fortnum & Mason

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful ..., 27 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Tea at Fortnum & Mason (Hardcover)
Lovely little book. Bought one for me & one for my sister-in-law. Full of recipes, anecdotes & history of F & M.

The Stand: Complete and Uncut
The Stand: Complete and Uncut
by Stephen King
Edition: Library Binding

5.0 out of 5 stars What a book ..., 15 Oct. 2010
I haven't yet read this book but already love it. it was a total surprise when it arrived - not the standard format at all. 7"x 4" and almost 3" thick. Hardcover. Until I get a chance to devote myself to what I hear is a very good read it will remain on my coffee table as an object of admiration!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2010 8:19 PM GMT

501 Must-Know Speeches (501 Series)
501 Must-Know Speeches (501 Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars keeps him quiet for hours ...., 23 Jun. 2010
Great book. Bought it for my husband & it keeps him quiet for hours. They are all there .... Kennnedy, Scargill, Luther-King, Hussein, Garibaldi, Lincoln, Warhol, Socrates, Castro, Powell. You name it ... its there.
Highly recommended.

Seaside Style: Coastal Dwellings Around the Globe That Will Inspire Your Life and Dreams (Icons)
by Diane Dorrans Saeks

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring ..., 23 Jun. 2010
Beautiful book full of inspiring colour pictures. Lots of lovely ideas for decor & accessories. Also great easy to understand instructions for D I Y using found objects so not expensive. Haven't had it long but it is already well thumbed! Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2