Profile for Tryingtobehealthy > Reviews

Content by Tryingtobehealthy

Tryingtobehealthy

Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High-Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow- brilliant, 17 Sep 2014
This is brilliant. Ever since Kindle type devices have been available I've always been a " I'll never want one, I love the feel and smell of books too much (weird huh?) and I also like to collect them. However, having booked a beach holiday abroad, it started me thinking about how many books I would have to take to keep me occupied when sitting in the sun, It would take up loads of my baggage allowance. Hmmmm, not good. I started researching these and changed my mind just like that (fickle me!!). It came earlier that estimated and since receiving it it's been invaluable already. it was really quick and easy to use and ordering books only takes seconds. Also, as a plug charger doesn't come with it (a usb does though) I wanted to say Thank you to other reviewers for their tip of that a Samsung smartphone charger fits and works perfectly thus making me saving of £17 odd pounds. All in all, a totally fantastic buy. Well done Amazon, for such a great design and service.

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Fuchsia  [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite (5th and 6th Generation)]
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Fuchsia [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite (5th and 6th Generation)]

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 17 Sep 2014
I know this cover is a little pricey compared to some cheaper covers available but I'm so glad I bought it to go with my Kindle paperwhite,. Its automatic sleep/awake mode is brilliant when you close or open the cover and its of a very high quality leather, made really well and fits the Kindle snuggly. Also, the fushia colour is really bright and attractive. Love it.

Home Cooking
Home Cooking
by Rachel Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars My First ever cook book review!!!, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: Home Cooking (Hardcover)
As the title suggests this is the first time I've left a review for a cookbook. I am doing it because its the best cook book I've ever bought. I've bought plenty that contain a good few recipes that I repeatedly use and some which have gone straight in the cupboard never to see the light of day again!!! I already have a couple of Rachel's books but this one is by far the best, its full of everyday proper family food that I want to cook and my family want to eat!! It also does have posher dinner party stuff but I would say more of family orientated recipes.It also has lots of tips and ideas from Rachel to help get the most from your kitchen and food planning. It is beautifully presented with lots of pictures (I doooooo like to see what a recipe will/should look like!)and I really enjoy reading through it. Only got it yesterday and read it through completely and today I have some spare time and am going to have another look- hope that doesn't make me sound that I need to get out more lol, its just so lovely. Its a big book too with over 338 pages so value for money. I would recommend this book to all.