Profile for F. Thompson > Reviews

Content by F. Thompson

F. Thompson (North Wales)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Verbatim 98243 MediaShare Wireless
Verbatim 98243 MediaShare Wireless
Price: 34.58

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent little device that actually does more than advertised, 9 July 2014
This is an excellent little device that actually does more than advertised. You need to go to the verbatim website and download the detailed pdf manual for your own particular devices - in my case the Android Manual - and then read the manual from cover to cover carefully. You should find that it is relatively easy to set the unit up for streaming video and copy files to and from SD Cards / Memory sticks that you have connected to the MediaShare Wireless device. I plan to buy a 320 GB portable disc drive so that I can store large amounts of my own HD video from family holidays etc.

The real issue for me was establishing a wireless link from my PC to the device. Obviously you can just use the included cable to connect the device to your desktop / laptop but I wanted a bit more than that after reading many Amazon reviews I was able to piece the following together...
1, You need to first implement Wireless Internet Bridge Mode as described in the PDF user manual.
2. On my Windows & desktop I selected the file manager.
3. Select from the menu

Tools,
Map Network Drive
Browse on the resulting Dialog Box
Then Select MEDIASHR
Log in with UserID admin but no password.

You will now be able to use wireless to send files to and from the MediaShare device using your PC file Manager when the Mediashare device is powered up.

I can't say enough good things about this little device.
You do need a certain level of network expertise to take maximum advantage of it's possibilities and be prepared to repeat some of the unofficial advantages as above from time to time as they are guaranteed by Manufacturer.

Maglite MAG-TAC LED Plain Bezel Blisterpack Flashlight - Black
Maglite MAG-TAC LED Plain Bezel Blisterpack Flashlight - Black
Offered by Millertag Shop
Price: 42.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 20 Jun 2014
Best quality torch.
Ultra bright.
Just the right number of functions.

This is brighter than some torches that describe themselves as 1000 lumen output. You would expect Maglite to give honest and precise figures for their products however. I am sure that this will last me for many years.

Calotherm Large 19" x 14" Microfibre Lens Cleaning Cloth
Calotherm Large 19" x 14" Microfibre Lens Cleaning Cloth
Offered by GoOpticians
Price: 11.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally clean lenses!, 20 Jun 2014
The best quality lens cleaner, industrial size at a good price. Should last me for a while as I only wanted it for cleaning my own glasses.

Department 19: Zero Hour
Department 19: Zero Hour
Price: 6.64

4.0 out of 5 stars More of the Vampire Saga..., 20 Jun 2014
I have followed the series right up to the end of this novel. This has all the same 'unputdownabilty' of the previous books on the series and kept my interest until the end. I imagine that we will see more on this series on the future. I gather this book is in the publisher's children's section. I would rate it as young adult - although I am myself a pensioner - because of language and description of violent scenes.

Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod - Black
Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod - Black
Price: 18.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value quality tripod, 13 Jun 2014
I have just had my new tripod and am primarily using it with my Panasonic tz40. I have to say that this is a game changer from the moment you get it especially if you don't have a mini tripod already. It screws into my camera very easily and quickly. It is sturdy and week made. I can fit it into a coat pocket of a fleece jacket and it improves my low light photography. What's not to like?

The Strain
The Strain
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars back to basics, 31 May 2014
This review is from: The Strain (Kindle Edition)
Vampires back to being bad instead of lovelorn boys and girls who live forever.
I am a fan of classic horror novels such as those written by Bram Stoker and Sheriden Le Fan - Dracula and Camilla. This novel takes a step back towards the horror thrill of the original fables. I'm not a fan of bad language but it seems that most modern novels have at least a little bit! That aside, this was a good read and made me want to read the following two novels.

Pirates of the Outrigger Rift
Pirates of the Outrigger Rift
Price: 1.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent Scifi read, 23 May 2014
I enjoyed this novel. It had a few decent twists and turns that kept me reading until the end. It was more a thriller in space than actual sci fi but that was ok.

Gerber Dime Micro Tool - Red
Gerber Dime Micro Tool - Red
Price: 20.84

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Mini Multitool, 7 May 2014
Really week made and seems to have useful tools. I particularly like the box opening tool. The pliers are good for small jobs. I should have got one of these a few years ago.

Apple iPod nano 16GB 7th Generation - Silver  (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Apple iPod nano 16GB 7th Generation - Silver (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Offered by Incredible savings
Price: 95.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My first Apple product, 17 April 2014
I bought this with Amazon tokens that I had off friends for my 60th birthday. My wife and both my daughter's have been Apple users for years but I resisted for perhaps silly reasons! Anyway my lovely new IPod nano 7th generation is a delight to use. It is small, beautifully crafted, has a lovely small screen, great battery life and most important of all sounds really great!

The ear pods are a genuine revelation as they deliver sound quality that exceeds my expectations. They also stay in my ears without falling out. Somehow Apple has created a one size fits all that works.

Returning to the iPod nano I am bound to say that this little gadget has finally made me an Apple fan. The Amazon price is a really great deal.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40EB-S Compact Camera - Silver (18.2MP, 20x Optical Zoom Leica DC Lens, Wi-Fi with NFC, Built in GPS, 24mm Wide Angle, 50P Full HD Video - AVCHD) 3 inch LCD
Offered by The Camera Centre
Price: 219.99

4.0 out of 5 stars great camera but one flaw slightly ruins it for me., 17 April 2014
I am giving the camera 4*as I have found a difficulty that is a problem for me despite the camera being excellent in every other regard. I find that when I remove the camera from any case it is far too easy to accidentally switch it on and have the lens shoot out with the potential to damage the lens mechanism.

The Wi-Fi proved to be relatively easy to set up once I had installed the app on my tablet. Once again, the lens fires out at unexpected moments during the NFC setup process. Panasonic should really have coded this type of problem out completely.

The photos are very pleasing so far but it really needs to come with a detailed paper user guide rather than just a pdf version.

I am hoping for lots of excellent shots providing I don't accidentally damage the lens assembly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7