ARRAY(0xa845ea08)

Profile for Midnight Minstrel > Reviews

Content by Midnight Minstrel

Midnight Minstrel

Page: 1 | 2
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000 Premium Tempered Glass Film Screen Protector & Package
Offered by Accessories-4-All
Price: 2.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, 31 Mar 2014
I can not put those ruddy flimsy plastic screen savers on ! Nothing worse than getting a shiny new phone or Tablet and cocking it up putting a new Screen Protector on with bubbles all over the place, something I always manage to do!....until now!, I cant believe how Quick, simple, and perfect a finish you get with this Protector, because it is sold all you do is wipe phone screen with the supplied wipe, or a Spectacles wipe that I used, leave damp, Peel of the RedTab side of the protecter, line it up ( I suggest from the top end) lower it down on to the phone, press lightly and you will visibly see underneath as the air and moisture is expelled and you are left with a clear, bubble free protective cover. From now on I will only ever use one of these. "Why only 4 stars ?" You all shout, well, I deducted a star because no instructions were included, although I knew what to do, other people who are using a screen protector for first time, maybe its even their first mobile phone you never know, they may not be sure how to put it on, the fact that you have to leave the screen damp after using the screen wipe is not even mentioned, it only has one peel of side though, I suppose it is obvious that this is the side you peel and then stick down onto the screen. Other than that one small tiny gripe, this a wonderful product and at such a small price is well worth the money, Buy, Buy, Buy!

Ion Audio Clipster Ultra Portable Bluetooth Speaker with Built-in Clip - Black
Ion Audio Clipster Ultra Portable Bluetooth Speaker with Built-in Clip - Black
Price: 20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound!, 8 Dec 2013
So, how well does it work?...it works very well as it happens, the sound produced is very clear and quite loud, if you want it loud that is, it does have volume controls. It does not have Skip function however, but I got around this by using the programme feature in my iPod to play just the tracks I wanted to hear, a few minutes spent before hand is all it took.
I work quite often on my own were the use of headphones is not only impracticable but also not allowed due to "Health & Safety" regulations at work. This solved the problem for me. I can now carry out my duties and take my music and Audio books around with me making my work environment more pleasurable. Battery life is said to be about 6 hours, but I have been using this straight out of the box for well over two days now, and it is still going. I may just give it another charge tonight ready for tomorrow. I may even buy another one after Christmas so I will always have one fully charged up. All in all, I am very pleased with the product, it works very well, and I can now work and listen to my favourite albums at the same time without upsetting our over zealous Health & Safety officer. Would recommend.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound!, 8 Dec 2013
I bought this from another web site were they are only 18.99 with Free delivery, so shop around. This is a really good bit of kit, slightly larger than I expected it to be, and the sound is also louder and clearer than I thought it would be. It is very light so hanging it on your belt loop does not feel uncomfortable , in fact you hardly notice it is there. At first, I could not get this to connect to my IPOD, I had put my iPod in Airplane mode to save the battery life, however once I had switched Airplane mode off it connected straight away, I then turned of the WiFi connection, and it still connected, lesson learned, you don't need to be connected to the internet to use the Clipster but it wont connect with Airplane mode enabled.
I work quite often on my own were the use of headphones is not only impracticable but also not allowed due to "Health & Safety" regulations at work. This solved the problem for me. I can now carry out my duties and take my music and Audio books around with me making my work environment more pleasurable. Battery life is said to be about 6 hours, but I have been using this straight out of the box for well over two days now, and it is still going. I may just give it another charge tonight ready for tomorrow. I may even buy another one after Christmas so I will always have one fully charged up. All in all, I am very pleased with the product, it works very well, and I can now work and listen to my favourite albums at the same time without upsetting our over zealous Health & Safety officer. Would recommend, but shop around for the best price.

LOGIK L1HSTB12 Freeview+ HD Recorder - 1 TB
LOGIK L1HSTB12 Freeview+ HD Recorder - 1 TB

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 30 Nov 2013
Fisrt thing I should mention, this PVR is currently around the 159.00 in the high street and on various web sites, also what I paid for it.
It Works! It actually works! Which is more than I can say about other bits of technology I have bought recently. Maybe its because its not loaded with all the gizmo bells and whistles you'll never use anyway clogging it up I dont know, but it works. I bought this for several reasons 1) My Thomason TopUp TV (which was never really reliable tbh) has now gone completely doo lally since TopUp TV went belly up a few weeks ago and stopped sending the epg info, this made recording almost impossible or unreliable (not much change there actually ) and 2nd it was the cheapest 1TB on the market , and 3rd, it has also has a scart socket so I can archive to my DVD recorder anything I want to store on to a DVD R (that works too ! ).
It seems that the simpler things are, the better they work, the L1HSTB12 Freeview HD Recorder - 1 TB recorder is not going to win any great prize for interface style by any means, it is quite basic to say the least, boarding on a bit boring tbh, but that also makes it very easy to use and operate, first set up was probably the easiest one I have ever done on anything, actually, it just did it itself as soon as I plugged it in. EPG is accurate, which is all I ask it to be. Choosing something to record is the same as in any other PVR, Highlight, press record, job done. So far, it has not chopped anything from the start or end, even when a programme has started later than planned. Can I also add that this is the QUIETEST PVR I have ever come across, it is practically silent and you have to virtually put your ear against it to hear the faint whisper of a fan going.
Picture quality is exceptionally good, even in SD, HD is stunning! Easy on par to my Blu ray player, sound is good also and much much clearer than with my old Thompson one. It has Twin tuners so you can record two channels at the same time, you must either watch one of them while recording etc, or, do like I do, switch to the TV input if I want to watch a third.
Don't get me wrong, when I say it is basic, it still has all the essential bits and pieces such as info, guide, subtitles etc etc, so there is nothing left out your going to miss or that will inhibit you using it as you would expect it to. If you just want something easy to use, that is reliable, and you need to record something you want to watch later, and want lots of storage space and don't want to pay a kings ransom for it,and one that actually WORKS! there is really no competition, if you want all that fancy extra stuff, bleeps and whistles and don't mind paying twice the price for them, look else where, but this does the job for me, and it does it exceptionally well. Can recommend.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2014 5:21 PM GMT

Rockshow [Blu-ray] [2013]
Rockshow [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Paul Mccartney & Wings
Offered by FLASH
Price: 10.98

5.0 out of 5 stars At his peak!, 16 July 2013
Not only did Paul McCartney co found the biggest band on the planet in the 60's i.e. The Beatles....he went and did it AGAIN ! In the 70s with Wings. Rockshow is for me the absolute Peak of Wings, it was the best line up and Macca was at his absolute Best here. It is a terrific DVD, the energy is breathless, the Music Fabulous ! The Laser effect, though probably a bit dated now but was groundbreaking at the time, is still a visual delight today. They have done a wonderful job transferring this to Blu Ray, can not recommend it enough.

International Magic Live At The O2 [Blu-ray] [2012] [Region Free]
International Magic Live At The O2 [Blu-ray] [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
Price: 17.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Warning! Genius at Work!, 3 Dec 2012
Noel Gallagher is with out doubt the greatest British singer song writer since Lennon and McCartney, we should be immensely proud of him, like McCartney, not only did he half front one of the greatest bands on the planet ,he went on and did it again With the HFBs, not many people can claim to have done it twice, the man is a genius! The music is excellent and as a performer....you can't touch him', this DVD/Blu Ray proves my point. I can't get enough of it, and I can't help getting out the acoustic and playing along to it. Put it this way, if you don't buy this you may as well take your DVD/Blu ray player and shove it in the bin, Yep, its as good as all that!........thats my opinion anyway.

Jindabyne [2007] [DVD]
Jindabyne [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Laura Linney
Offered by videosanddvds
Price: 5.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful film, 22 July 2012
This review is from: Jindabyne [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this film recently. I love Australian cinema , this is a deep thought provoking story , there's a lot going on here, fractious relationships and deep routed problems tearing friendships and partnerships apart. Things Come to ahead when the men folk find a body in a river on a fishing weekend, and wait 3 days to report it for one reason or another and continue fishing. The community turns against them and deeper rifts start to appear between the group of friends,their wife's and partners. Richly poignant in places, beautiful scenery and a great musical score.

Pick Punch - Original Plectrum Maker - 351 Standard
Pick Punch - Original Plectrum Maker - 351 Standard

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 3 May 2012
I just bought this a few days ago as I have a Pic Pixie living in my house who steals my pics as soon as I place them down and I'm getting a bit cheesed off having to replace them every couple of weeks. I'm also a bit heavy with them and I tend to wreck them fairly often. I was a bit sceptical about this Pic making thing to be honest but thought I'd give it ago and return it if if it was rubbish (Amazon are pretty good with that sort of thing) I ordered it on Sat. And it arrived the following Tues. (yesterday) First thing I notice is how it has a good heavy feel to it, very solid build ( reminds me of a heavy duty stapler) I dug out a stack of of expired Credit cards and Gift cards etc and put it to work. Position card and push the top just like a Stapler and out pops a pic from the bottom. It gave quite a satisfing 'Crunch' as it punched out the pic, the spring returning it to the punch position easy and with little effort. A quick brush up on the tip of the pic with one of my wife's nail boards to form a graduated tip and I had a very amiable and quite usable plectrum. All in all I have now produced about 30 pics (The Pic Pixie must like them also as he/She has already nabbed a few!). All in all it's a good, solid robust tool that seems capable of producing a great many pics without any problem which is a good job really because at the rate I go through them it's going to get a great deal of use! I can't compare it to other cheaper Pic makers unfortunately as this is the first one I have ever seen or used. But I can highly recommend this one just on its build quality and how good the pics are that it produces. All I've got to go on really.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2013 10:45 PM BST

Dark Star [Blu-ray] [1974]
Dark Star [Blu-ray] [1974]
Dvd ~ Brian Narelle
Price: 5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful film, 31 Mar 2012
This is one of my favourite films, Yes, the quality is not as good as a new modern day film, it was made in the 1970's....on 16mm, but the restoration is good enough to watch and enjoy the film. Just focus on the story and the characters and you will forget that the image quality is not as good as some recent films in your collection. Incidentally , I don't know if anyone else who has this film has noticed that the end sequence, the last 10 mins or so, is actually taken from a short story by Ray Bradbury. I forget which book it's from but it is either 'The Golden Apples of the Sun'...or 'Dandilion Wine', or The 'Illustrated Man', or 'The Martian Chronicles' (aka The 'Silver locust's)They are only ones I have read in the last 12 months And I remember reading it in one of those books. i have returned all books to the library so I can't check, but maybe some one else has read it also.

Seasons In The Sun
Seasons In The Sun
Price: 8.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful album, 27 Jan 2012
This review is from: Seasons In The Sun (Audio CD)
I can't describe how happy I am that this 70's Gem of an album has been re-released on CD, I have the vinyl LP version (since new )but despite it being in almost mint condition I have not had a record player to play it on for several years. This album for me is the soundtrack to long hot summer days in the 70's, there is not a bad track on it, the memories it evokes and the atmosphere it creates are priceless to me. Stand out tracks are 'I'm so lonely here today' and 'Again &Again'. I intend to play this CD ( when it arrives) all summer long. I can hardly wait.

Page: 1 | 2