Profile for Midnight Minstrel > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Pick Punch - Original Plectrum Maker - 351 Standard
Pick Punch - Original Plectrum Maker - 351 Standard

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 3 May 2012
I just bought this a few days ago as I have a Pic Pixie living in my house who steals my pics as soon as I place them down and I'm getting a bit cheesed off having to replace them every couple of weeks. I'm also a bit heavy with them and I tend to wreck them fairly often. I was a bit sceptical about this Pic making thing to be honest but thought I'd give it ago and return it if if it was rubbish (Amazon are pretty good with that sort of thing) I ordered it on Sat. And it arrived the following Tues. (yesterday) First thing I notice is how it has a good heavy feel to it, very solid build ( reminds me of a heavy duty stapler) I dug out a stack of of expired Credit cards and Gift cards etc and put it to work. Position card and push the top just like a Stapler and out pops a pic from the bottom. It gave quite a satisfing 'Crunch' as it punched out the pic, the spring returning it to the punch position easy and with little effort. A quick brush up on the tip of the pic with one of my wife's nail boards to form a graduated tip and I had a very amiable and quite usable plectrum. All in all I have now produced about 30 pics (The Pic Pixie must like them also as he/She has already nabbed a few!). All in all it's a good, solid robust tool that seems capable of producing a great many pics without any problem which is a good job really because at the rate I go through them it's going to get a great deal of use! I can't compare it to other cheaper Pic makers unfortunately as this is the first one I have ever seen or used. But I can highly recommend this one just on its build quality and how good the pics are that it produces. All I've got to go on really.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2013 10:45 PM BST

Dark Star [Blu-ray] [1974]
Dark Star [Blu-ray] [1974]
Dvd ~ Brian Narelle
Price: 7.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful film, 31 Mar 2012
This is one of my favourite films, Yes, the quality is not as good as a new modern day film, it was made in the 1970's....on 16mm, but the restoration is good enough to watch and enjoy the film. Just focus on the story and the characters and you will forget that the image quality is not as good as some recent films in your collection. Incidentally , I don't know if anyone else who has this film has noticed that the end sequence, the last 10 mins or so, is actually taken from a short story by Ray Bradbury. I forget which book it's from but it is either 'The Golden Apples of the Sun'...or 'Dandilion Wine', or The 'Illustrated Man', or 'The Martian Chronicles' (aka The 'Silver locust's)They are only ones I have read in the last 12 months And I remember reading it in one of those books. i have returned all books to the library so I can't check, but maybe some one else has read it also.

Seasons In The Sun
Seasons In The Sun
Price: 9.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful album, 27 Jan 2012
This review is from: Seasons In The Sun (Audio CD)
I can't describe how happy I am that this 70's Gem of an album has been re-released on CD, I have the vinyl LP version (since new )but despite it being in almost mint condition I have not had a record player to play it on for several years. This album for me is the soundtrack to long hot summer days in the 70's, there is not a bad track on it, the memories it evokes and the atmosphere it creates are priceless to me. Stand out tracks are 'I'm so lonely here today' and 'Again &Again'. I intend to play this CD ( when it arrives) all summer long. I can hardly wait.

Dangerous Davies - The Last Detective [1981] [DVD]
Dangerous Davies - The Last Detective [1981] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bernard Cribbins

5.0 out of 5 stars The original still the best!, 6 Jan 2012
I read this wonderful bitter sweet book many years ago, strange thing is, I imagined Bernard Cribbins as Dangerous while reading it long before I saw the film, Bernard Cribbins was born for this part, the haphazard, stubborn ,inept detective who gets his teeth into a long forgotten case he has no business with, even when those at the top keep telling him to forget it, he just won't let it go, blundering his way through, upsetting everyone,including the grieving family and his superior's as he goes about solving this 25 year cold Case, "what ever happened to Celia Norris? she got on her bike one evening, and just rode off ....into a blank space" It's a story about the obsession of one man and his dogged determination to solve the mystery regardless of whose toes he steps on, his commanding officer, Celia's family and a well known local gangster to name but a few. At times very funny, at other times richly poignant. I bought the DVD a couple of years ago for 7.99 and it is still one of my absolute favourites in my collection. The other Dangerous books are also well worth a read.Dangerous Davies - The Last Detective [1981] [DVD]Dangerous Davies

Page: 1 | 2