Profile for SueH > Reviews

Content by SueH

SueH

Brother LC1280XL Rainbow-Pack - Print cartridge - 1 x yellow, cyan, magenta - 1200 pages - blister with accoustic / electromagnetic alarm

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 30 Aug. 2013
This is great, just what I ordered and a much better price than usual. The cartridges last a long time.

Collage, Colour and Texture in Painting
Collage, Colour and Texture in Painting
by Mike Bernard

3.0 out of 5 stars Great images but I wish there were more step by steps, 19 July 2012
This is a lovely book showcasing the artist's work, however I was hoping for a few more illustrations of his work progressing and some more examples of the images before they are finished. I do like the paintings but it was purchased for teaching and is not as useful as I'd hoped. I haven't read it yet though, and may find the text useful, although visual examples would be more helpful.

Extraordinary Sketchbooks: Inspiring Examples from Artists, Designers, Students and Enthusiasts
by Jane Stobart

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 19 July 2012
This is a really inspiring and beautifully presented book. It's not as big as I expected but is rich in it's illustrations and variety of artists and styles. A great teaching resource and reference. The students I've shown it so far have also really loved it.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed - Does not scan A3, 19 July 2012
I was really excited about buying this printer. The details on the website said it scanned up to A3 as well as printing A3, however on arrival it clearly was an A4 scanner on an A3 printer. The details on the page I selected the printer from didn't specify that it was an A4 scanner at all. I returned the printer and bought a Brother MFCJ610DW instead which has both A3 scanning and A3 printing for a similar price, and I'm so far very pleased with this.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2015 6:30 PM GMT

The Complete Watercolorist's Essential Notebook: A Treasury of Watercolor Secrets Discovered Through Decades of Painting and Experimentation
by Gordon Mackenzie

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite brilliant!, 19 July 2012
I love this book. This book contains lots of tips that are a pleasure to read and will help unlock watercolour's potential. Some beautiful examples of paintings and very clear methodical explanation of techniques that are well illustrated. The bonus is that the version I bought seems to be two books in one! Half way through it starts again and begins the Watercolorist's Essential Notebook Landscape. I'm sure I've seen this as a separate book, but it is here together with the one indicated on the cover. A real bargain!

TJNS 6ft Plastic Folding Table 4 Banquet Camping Utility
TJNS 6ft Plastic Folding Table 4 Banquet Camping Utility
Offered by Entity Products Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great table!, 19 July 2012
These are fantastic sturdy tables! I'm so pleased with them. I'm running art classes for which they are perfect. Easy to store away when not in use and warm to the touch with a curved edge making them comfortable to lean against. A very good product at an excellent price.

Brother MFC J6510DW - Multifunction ( fax / copier / printer / scanner )
Brother MFC J6510DW - Multifunction ( fax / copier / printer / scanner )

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 26 Jun. 2012
I am so far delighted with this printer scanner. I needed an A3 scanner to scan in artwork and this avoids all the hassle of stitching things together from an A4 scanner. The ease of use is great. If using images for websites it's perfect, I'm not sure yet how well the scans will translate into high quality giclee prints. I'll update this later. The scans perhaps slightly exaggerate the blacks, and don't fully pick up all subtle tones in drawings, colours however seem true and with some tweaks the scanner performs pretty well for the price.
The printer compares well to my old photo printer. The detail is excellent, colours are true, and the images are sharp. Making a direct comparison I'd say this printer is better than my old photo printer (canon i550 10 yrs good service). I was concerned looking at the other reviews that it might not be good enough to print out artwork or photographs but I am pleasantly surprised with the results. Ordinary text prints very crisply as well and there is no evidence of bleeding or blurring that some reviews have mentioned. It's prints are sharper than other new printers in the office. I'm only using Brother cartridges, I will avoid compatibles as the colours are not true. So far, although I've already printed out lots of photo images the starter cartridges are still going strong, so ink consumption seems pretty good.
Overall I'm really pleased with this purchase, it makes life easier and gives good results. I hope it continues to be as good as it has started off.
Only down side so far is the paper tray which is pretty flimsy, and perhaps not suitable for use in an office by lots of people, but with careful use will probably survive ok. Easy to set up with a usb connection on a Mac, I haven't tried wireless yet. It can only do one or the other though.