Profile for Mr. P. R. Hammond > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. R. Hammond

Mr. P. R. Hammond "York" (United Kingdom)

This Twentysomething Life: A sort-of prequel to This Thirtysomething Life
This Twentysomething Life: A sort-of prequel to This Thirtysomething Life

4.0 out of 5 stars A good little read, 10 Mar 2013
Loved this thirtysomething life, was excited about this and it didn't disappoint, gives a nice little insight I to J
Harry and Emily before they had the baby. Only reason it's 4…a little too short

Temple Run 2
Temple Run 2
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars quality, 7 Feb 2013
This review is from: Temple Run 2 (App)
Awesome, best freebee for ages! It handles so well on the kindle fire he, get it downloaded. Ten out of ten

You Are My Boro: The Unlikely Adventures of a Small Town in Europe
You Are My Boro: The Unlikely Adventures of a Small Town in Europe
Price: 1.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Good account of a great period to be a Boro fan, 1 Jan 2013
If you love the Boro, this is for you. A great recollection of done really memorable moments, jogged my memory of more than one or two moments. Well worth the read

Turtle Beach Ear Force XL1 Headset Xbox 360 (Colour May Vary)
Turtle Beach Ear Force XL1 Headset Xbox 360 (Colour May Vary)
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars How have I lived without these?, 11 Nov 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I'm not really one for writing reviews on Amazon but I am compelled to tell you that these things are amazing.

I just splashed out on Halo 4 and felt now was the time to invest in some Turtle Beaches having heard amazing reviews, I opted for the entry level ones as I was unsure about how I'd get on with them. I now know why people rave about them

As previous reviewers have stated, you really do hear things you did't know existed. I would describe myself as a very average FPS player - I'm not obsessed with k/d spread and just enjoy playing - until I got these. I have become uber-competitive now and I honestly believe the TB's have had a major influence in this.

My girlfriend is also very happy about not going to bed to the sound of gunfire.

One very slight criticism, the lead is excessively long - but for some this would be a positive.

5/5 every time here - I'm absolutely upgrading when they either break or I get bored of the wires.

Legacy - The Best Of Mansun [CD + Bonus DVD]
Legacy - The Best Of Mansun [CD + Bonus DVD]
Price: 25.89

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY! One of the most underrated bands ever gets its day...., 22 Sep 2006
I remember the first time i heard Mansun, it was the single 'she makes my nose bleed' and i searched high and low (well local Our Price (RIP) and Woolworths) for the single, then suddenly stumbled across the album 'Attack of the Grey Lantern'. This album, its fair to say, changed my life. Mansun were criminally underrated, a band who if were to release AOTGL now, would probably get critical acclaim. Looking down the tracks, theres the stape classics (wide open space, she makes my nose bleed, i can only dissapoint u, taxloss) mixed in with the wonderful b-sides and album tracks that made Mansun who they were, inventive, brilliant and way beyond their time. Anyone who's interested in broadening thier indie taste should make this top priority to buy. Beautiful instrumentally, lyrically moving and completely immersive, this best of is well and truly deserved and justified by a band, similarly to hope of the states, who split up way too soon. they were massive in japan too!!!

buy it and hear the brilliance of mansun.

All Mapped Out
All Mapped Out
Offered by Helgy
Price: 5.93

5.0 out of 5 stars all mapped out for a bright future, 14 Dec 2004
This review is from: All Mapped Out (Audio CD)
the departure seemed to sneak onto the scene pretty much unnoticed, especially with acts like the killers, bloc party, the others and dogs die in hot cars - stealing the limelight this year. the departure's music is simple but effective. drawing from the same style as interpol, the departure seem to make the old verse, chorus, verse system work perfectly. the lead vocals are perfect for the type of music, and this single is my favourite of the year. if you like good music, buy this. then wait for the album next year and buy 2 or 3 copies because you'll wear at least one out!!!!

O
O
Price: 4.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Untouchable Brilliance, 19 May 2004
This review is from: O (Audio CD)
For anyone who appreciates great music, anyone who appreciates music from the heart and soul and anyone who appreciates a modern day genius should strongly consider buying this record.
From the very first note of 'Delicate' you get the sense that this isn't like anything you've ever heard before. His smooth and silky voice is perfectly in sync with the beautiful music he plays. 'Volcano' was the first single, and is the first song to feature Lisa Hannigan's equally beautiful voice and is a massive highlight of the album. If you had to judge the album on one song I'd submit 'Amie' - one of the best songs I've ever heard. I'd compare this to 'Grace' from the same titled album by Jeff Buckley.
'I Remember' and 'Eskimo' prove fitting endings to such a beautiful piece of artwork - an artist who's proven with just one record, that he is very much part of the future class of 2004.