Profile for K. Smith > Reviews

Content by K. Smith

K. Smith (Staffordshire)

Page: 1 | 2
FOR APPLE IPHONE 4 4S SILICONE GEL SKIN CASE COVER+FREE STYLUS BY GSDSTYLEYOURMOBILE {TM} (Dark Circle Jelly Fish)
Offered by TypeandColor

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly made, looks cheap and worn, 7 Feb. 2014
Pattern is lovely, which is why I chose it, but it has been very badly made. Where the front and back have been fixed together, there's a sharp ridge all the way round which makes it uncomfortable to hold and the pattern looks worn off around the ridge. The hole for the silence switch is also badly cut and missing the pattern round the edge. I won't be using it.

DIGIFLEX Lint Magic Brush Fluff, Pet Hair, Lint, Dandruff Cloth Clothes Remover
DIGIFLEX Lint Magic Brush Fluff, Pet Hair, Lint, Dandruff Cloth Clothes Remover
Offered by Digiflex

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful quality, 3 Jun. 2013
As soon as this arrived I realised this was poor quality and on first use the material separated from the brush. I've since found a far superior replacement from the supermarket for £2-£3 which makes you realise how ridiculously expensive this Trixes one is, especially for what you get.

Morphy Richards Turbosteam 40698 Steam Iron Ceramic Soleplate 2000 Watt - Black/Plum
Offered by K.K. Electronics

1.0 out of 5 stars Set on fire on first use, highly dangerous iron, 21 Aug. 2012
Purchased this through Amazon and used the iron for the first time this evening and after much clicking and spitting it set alight. Huge amount of electrical-burning smelling smoke billowed out and sparks or melting pieces hit my foot. It went up very quickly so please don't leave this iron unattended at any point. Managed to get it unplugged and into the garden to burn itself out or die down. Can see now the iron has melted round the edges. Highly dangerous, it could have been so much worse.

Even disregarding the fire, the iron is cheap looking and feeling. I'd question it being worth anywhere near £24.99 let alone every being over £50 originally. It's more in the £15 to £20 range in my opinion. Obviously with the risk of burning your home down I'd recommend not buying it all for your own safety.

Cabling4Less DVI to VGA (HD15) Adaptor (M-F)
Cabling4Less DVI to VGA (HD15) Adaptor (M-F)
Offered by LTZmart

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly and a brilliant price, 3 April 2012
I checked the price of this in Maplins first and it was about £11! This one does the job perfectly, great quality, delivered promptly and at an amazing price. Thank you.

Kensington Car Mount for iPhone and iPod
Kensington Car Mount for iPhone and iPod

3.0 out of 5 stars Love it but had to use WD40 to unstick release button and oil ratchets, 31 Mar. 2012
I think this is a great little unit but there seems to be a lack of oil in the mechanisms and this is why the release button and ratchets are getting stuck. Mine did too within the first day but couldn't find any other units out there that would hold my iPhone and the FM transmitter (the bottom two arms just fold away and the side arms squeeze tightly enough to hold the phone) and definitely not at such a good price so I sprayed a little bit of WD40 into the release button and it popped out. The ratchets weren't smooth either and getting stuck so I sprayed some oil into those and it's been absolutely perfect since. I don't know why they other people that have complained and have just sent theirs back haven't thought of this? I know it's the fault of Kensington to have not done this themselves but it's such a great little unit and such a simple fix. I don't know what it would do to the warranty so that's a risk you would have to take yourself but I was willing to take that chance, I was only improving the product as far as I was concerned, doing something that Kensington failed to do. I fixed it and it's been perfect ever since, the release mechanism has not failed and the ratchets run smoothly. Great gadget for the car, perfect solution for me for the iPhone as a charger, using the FM transmitter for music and at some point in the future, as a satnav.

Apple IPod Dock Connector to USB 2.0
Apple IPod Dock Connector to USB 2.0

1.0 out of 5 stars Tried twice, both failed, 31 Mar. 2012
Had one of these cables before, I can't remember from which seller, it lasted a while so I thought I'd order another from this seller, it lasted a couple of weeks before it stopped charging so I asked for a replacement hoping I'd just got a faulty one. The seller dealt with it quickly but unfortunately the same thing happened again with the replacement except the fault with the second was immediate. Neither will charge the iPhone, well, it will for a few minutes and then it will tell me it won't unless I unplug it and plug it in again and repeat, again and again. Unfortunately this just caused me endless problems on holiday as I mistakenly took this lead instead of a more reliable lead I had in the house. I give up, I'll go and spend some more on a reliable cable.

Durable Desk Mat Contoured Edge with Foam Anti-slip Backing W530xD400mm Grey Ref 7102/10

1.0 out of 5 stars Thought it was good quality but discovered it stains easily, 31 Mar. 2012
I had written a good review for this product as it appeared to be good quality, however after having only had it a few weeks it is now stained with dots all over and strangely indented. Initially I thought these orange 'stains' were from a spilt drink but I have since discovered lots more of these stains and indents and from the positioning I've realised that they are from the rubber 'rests' of the laptop and each time the laptop is moved and sits in a position it marks the desk mat. Whatever material it's made from it's obviously not fit for purpose. I shall be messaging the seller.

TeckNet® MT-096 Apple FM Transmitter For Apple iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4G, iPhone 4GS and other iPod Players
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, clear transmission, 17 Nov. 2011
I'm astounded at the quality of sound for an FM transmitter and I am spoilt for choice for the number of clear channels I can choose from for my iPhone 3GS. My partner, an audiophile, was so impressed too I'm now about to order another for him for his car and iPhone 4S.

Thumbs Up USB Voice Recorder
Thumbs Up USB Voice Recorder

2.0 out of 5 stars 2 hours recording at most, 18 July 2011
Disappointed with the length of time this will record for. It claims up to 4 hours, but both times we've used it, freshly charged, it's only lasted approximately 2 hours. Recording quality is ok, not great but will suffice if you need evidence to catch someone up to no good, but you do have to be very careful where you position it, it must be very close by. Test it well beforehand. What is handy, if spotted it does look like a USB stick.

Nintendo Licensed Screen Protectors (Nintendo 3DS)
Nintendo Licensed Screen Protectors (Nintendo 3DS)

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely dreadful, 30 April 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
The screen protectors are marked right across them from factory machine processing I assume and when I came to peel the labels off the back, half of the labels are left stuck on there and won't come off, even with scraping. I give up. Just never received such absolute rubbish from Amazon. I've just spotted they're official Nintendo screen protectors, I'd assumed they were cheap imitations. Unbelievable. I know they were 'free' with the package, but I'm still annoyed, it's part of the bundle which was part of the attraction of the package.

Page: 1 | 2