Profile for jhurling > Reviews

Content by jhurling

jhurling

MediaDevil Magicscreen Screen Protector: Matte Clear (Anti-Glare) - Apple iPad 2/3/4 (2nd Generation / 3rd Generation / 4th Generation) (2 x Screen Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil

3.0 out of 5 stars Daunting application process but pretty good, 13 Jun 2012
When I had this product delivered I couldn't wait to see what it was like on my New iPad. I had read the other reviews and advice provided about applying it to the screen so ran the shower beforehand so I could do it in a dust-free envrionment and got to work cleaning it with the cloth after applying some water first.

I have to say, I was the most stressed out applying this then I can ever rememeber. No matter what I did, I kept getting air bubbles especially around the cut out where the home button is. Despite the advice to apply more pressure with the provided card they didn't budge and no amount of sticky tape helped and I only had friction burns on my fingers to show for my hard work.

I thought I would have another go using the second cover but noticed that before I'd even taken it out of the wrapping there were marks on the cover that were in fact defects in the cover itself. By this point, I was ballistic, had thrown the covers out the bathroom window and was straight on the emails to the manufacturer.

What turned it around for me was the good customer service. They were very apologetic and sent a second set promptly in the post. With a few hiccups I managed to apply an almost perfect cover.

My advice to anyone else looking for a screen protector for the iPad is take your time applying this one and it's worth watching the Youtube video beforehand. You do lose some of the resolution quality using a matte screen protector for the New iPad so it may be worth looking into the clear screen version.

Swees® New Magnetic Smart Cover Case Stand + Ultra Thin Hard Back Case For New Apple iPad 4 iPad 3 & iPad 2, With Auto Sleep and Wake Function - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, 13 Jun 2012
This cover performs exactly like the more expensive Apple product at only a fraction of the cost.

I bought this for my New iPad and it works fine, with the screen waking and sleeping as it should. I've had it for a few weeks now but the toll seems to have been taken as the thread has started to come away at the sides and some of the rigidity has been lost as a stand, this was surprising as I am quite careful with it and use it at home or the office with it safely stored away travelling between.

I would say that if you like the idea of the smart cover but don't want to pay for the Apple version then this product is ideal as for the same money you can buy replacements but if you want a long lasting tidy looking product stick with the Apple smart cover.

Coleman Cobra 2 Two Person Backpacking Tent
Coleman Cobra 2 Two Person Backpacking Tent

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money!, 13 Jun 2012
I bought this product last minute for a camping weekend with friends. I didn't want a dirt cheap tent or an over-the-moon expensive one and this one seemed to be bang in the middle offering good water resisitance at a reasonable cost.

It arrived in good time and in the back yard I was able to put the tent up alone within 15 minutes no problem with no previous tent experience.

When it came to using it on the weekend, it was up in no time, it did however take me some time to work out how to get in the thing as the entrance zip is at the side under a stealthy flap.

Once in, I had amble space for all my gear and me. (I would question though how two larger people would sleep in there comfortably as I am not a big bloke and two of me would find it cosy.) NOTE the space for gear does not have a ground sheet.

All in all a good tent for the cost but if you're after a tent for two big people or planning on camping somewhere where the ground is wet or muddy then perhaps a larger tent or one with a complete ground sheet for storage would be better.