Profile for TR Fifield > Reviews

Content by TR Fifield

TR Fifield "Timothy" (Horsham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
SanDisk SDCZ58-032G-B35 Cruzer Orbit USB Flash Drive USB 2.0 - 32 GB
SanDisk SDCZ58-032G-B35 Cruzer Orbit USB Flash Drive USB 2.0 - 32 GB
Offered by SIM3Phones

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a flash drive and it works - tada!!!, 3 Sept. 2014
Reviewing this is like reviewing water - it simply does what it does. I guess it looks quite nice too. That's it.

Brown Leather Laptop Travel Bag Case Cover Satchel for 14" Laptop (Macbook Air, Macbook PRO, Toshiba, Sony, Dell, Chrome Book, Ultra Book, HP)
Offered by JAMMYLIZARD

5.0 out of 5 stars Bag yourself a bargain..., 3 Sept. 2014
Oh yes yes yes. This is lovely. Beautifully made and ideal for MacBook Air 13", document storage (red and black etc). Will comfortably take chargers, phones, business cards etc. Well balanced and comfortable to carry or wear over the shoulder.

Please be aware however that it is BROWN and TAN, not BLACK and TAN. A small point but important if you truly want black.

I would have paid double for this - truly I would. Bag yourself a bargain and buy this case.

Fujifilm X-M1 Camera with XC16-50mm Lens Kit - Brown (16.3 MP) 3 inch LCD
Fujifilm X-M1 Camera with XC16-50mm Lens Kit - Brown (16.3 MP) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars A very well thought out camera producing excellent photos, 3 Sept. 2014
I wanted a camera that was compact but allowed me to take more control of the results. I researched this heavily before I bought and also chatted to a pro photographer who uses a Fujifilm CSC as a back up camera. I took the plunge and three weeks later can report I am extremely happy.

LIKES:
Picture quality is fantastic - shooting in RAW and playing with images in Lightroom has been a revelation
Strong build - it's plastic, but it feels nicely balanced in the hand and is extremely well crafted. Here's a thing - i actually dropped it on a hard floor within 48 hours of receiving it. Felt sick, but the camera and lens survived without so much as a scratch
Nice layout of controls - everything is accessible to the right of the body for "one touch" control. In practice I prefer holding the thing correctly
Lovely advanced features - allows you to create stunning in camera effects.
Screen quality - very good. Obviously in bright light the screen can be a bit of a challenge but it's the best I've seen and the fact that the screen tilts allows you to take shots Hassleblad style which adds an opportunity to shade it.
No touch screen - I'm not a fan of touch screens and prefer physical controls to scroll through menus so I like it. Many reviews bemoan the lack of touchscreen but it's okay with me
Menus - all nicely laid out, with the ability to customise your view.

SLIGHT GRIPES
No viewfinder - to be honest I'm not that bothered but in bright conditions it would be handy
Linking software - the camera has WiFi but I've found this fiddly to set up. The software seems to need to create a separate WiFi network to link to your devices which drops out when the iPad or iPhone goes to sleep. Please note I may be an idiot with this so check with other users if they have this issue

OVERALL VERDICT - an excellent all rounder producing fab photos. It looks great and is easy to use.

Hi-BagZ 4-Way Bean Bag Lounger HUGE 180cm x 140cm - GIANT Outdoor Floor Cushion Bean Bags PURPLE - 100% Water Resistant Beanbag

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant comfort!, 7 Aug. 2014
I simply love this bean bag. Instant comfort. It arrives in two boxes, one is the bag partially filled and the other contains more polystyrene beans which you put in. It may seem on first glance the bag is slightly under filled but this is to accommodate the shift in the beans in different positions and for me (a 12 stone bloke) it is perfect.

The bag is fine to keep outside and has a wipe down material to cope with all of life's little spillages (I meant wine, naughty).

The only down side is that I do not look as a spiritually uplifted as the model in the product shot but I'm sure with use I will achieve an enviable karmic state.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars All fab but..., 7 Sept. 2013
I ordered the wrong thing. It's a lovely product though, all delivered as indicated.

So the moral of the story is...check, check and check again that this is the correct product for your device.

The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts
The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts
by Gary Chapman

4.0 out of 5 stars For anyone in a loving relationship..., 7 Sept. 2013
Gary Chapman's book should be regarded as the bible for all loving couples. I'm not really into huge amounts of this type of "relationship schmizzle" but there is something fundamental in here that really does help you to love your partner in "the right way". In simple terms it helps you to recognise both yours and your partners "love language" so you can express your love in a more profound and fulfilling way. Establishing that your partners love is based more on "physical touch" than "gifts" could explain why there's an uncomfortable silence when your "this'll make her love me" gift falls flat.

I liked it, understood it and now stress less about Christmas and Birthdays and spend more time in close proximity on the sofa with my love interest.

Apple MD760B/A 13.3 inch MacBook Air Dual Core i5 , 1.3GHz, Turbo Boost 4GB Ram ,128HDD, Intel HD Graphic 5000 2 x USB 3.0 Mac OX and iLife

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works..., 7 Sept. 2013
and then some!

I'm an Apple fan and have been for some time. I have an iMac and an iPad and are primarily using them for business. Whilst I love my iPad it falls short in terms of the ability to be truly productive. iPad Apps are great for tweaks and working on the move but in my opinion serious business applications still work best when you originate them on a "proper" computer be it a desktop or laptop using the full blown programmes.

I do however LOVE the portability of iPad, battery life, instant on and "it just works" context.

A perfect blend of desktop and iPad is the Macbook Air. It is both light enough to carry and powerful enough to run full applications giving access to all your favourite programmes in their native environment.

Here's why I love my MacBook Air:

- It runs all my favourite programmes, iWork, Photoshop, Keynote etc in ALL their glory
- It's extremely light and portable
- I love flipping the lid and it's ready to go - INSTANTLY
- It integrates beautifully with Apple TV meaning you can mirror your desktop for presentations
- The Flash memory means it's lightening fast - programmes open and respond instantly
- Two USB ports and a thunderbolt connection is perfectly adequate
- Although a Mac enthusiast, you can of course run Apple versions of Microsoft Programmes (Word, Powerpoint, Excel etc) and have the full Windows experience by installing Bootcamp etc
- Cloud based services as provided by Google, Dropbox, iCloud etc mean that I'm not storing huge amounts of files on my MacBook making the 128GB flash drive adequate for my resources. If you're planning on storing music, photos and video invest in the biggest drive you can afford.
- Windows users nervous to change should not worry. I estimate that a competent Windows user will learn all the basics of "Mac life" in a few hours of delightful discovery. You should however ensure that all your critical programmes work on a Mac before you buy if you're not planning to use Bootcamp or equivalent.

Hope that helps and if you buy a MacBook Air I would like to welcome you to my world!

Tim
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2014 6:35 AM GMT

Goodtown
Goodtown

5.0 out of 5 stars A cracking upbeat tune..., 7 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Goodtown (MP3 Download)
I stumbled in this song searching Spotify for a tune for a show I'm writing. It's upbeat, quirky and full of hope. I've never heard of Wagons before but their EP is great. Enjoy my friends.

Iomega Home Media Network 2TB Hard Drive
Iomega Home Media Network 2TB Hard Drive

3.0 out of 5 stars Mac Lion users beware!, 9 Sept. 2011
I'm sure this is a fab device but the software provided is NOT Lion compatible. Whilst you can see it via a web browser via the IP Address I can't seem to pick it up on the network rendering it a bit useless so far. ouch.

Griffin iTrip - FM Transmitter for iPod Video - Black
Griffin iTrip - FM Transmitter for iPod Video - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Still retrieving CD's from under your car seat?, 9 Oct. 2007
The excitement of owning a car with a CD player is only tempered by the fact that you are essentially transferring your prized collection into mobile storage. This has many problems:

1. You may never see that CD again (this is known as CCS or car crevice syndrome)
2. Madonna is now in the Motorhead case
3. Scratched!
4. 6 change CD player, but where's the bleedin' track I want
5. Rummaging in the glove compartment for Uriah Heap at 70mph is frankly ludicrous...I mean Uriah Heap???
5. Stolen car = silent house

The solution comes in the harmonious marriage of iPod to your car radio via a joyous little gadget known as the Griffin iTrip. Plug this little wonder into your iPod, select a frequency that matches an unused frequency on your radio and voila, your tunes out of your speakers and not a jewel case in sight.

Warning: if you like reading manuals this ain't for you - it's so simple you may think you've missed something. Be assured this is easy.

The quality will depend on how clean the frequency is but in normal circumstances will be somewhere between a normal FM signal and CD quality. Also be aware that where you site your iPod within the car may have bearing on quality.

Bear in mind that the iTrip draws its power from the iPod so you may want to consider a model with an integral in car charger. Mine works fine (4 hours) but my son's older iPod only runs for an hour or so.

The price is a no brainer and is equilivilent to less than two CCS incidents and is significantly cheaper than the repair following the Uriah Heap challenge.

iTrip - iThankYou