Profile for Piglet > Reviews

Chicago Fire - Season 1 [DVD] [2012]
Chicago Fire - Season 1 [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Jesse Spencer

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Enjoyable Series, 3 Nov 2013
I was very dubious about buying this as I had not heard anything about it. I am so glad I made that purchase, it is a really good drama series. I think if you are fans of Grey's Anatomy you will really enjoy this. It has the same sort of content - drama, accuracy regarding fire situations - Grey's obviously was medical - individual personal stories. Everything a good drama series needs. It took me about two /three episodes to get into it, but by the end of the series I found that the cast has grown into their roles and formed a very tight unit. I did have a few tears in some of the episodes and apart from Grey's no other drama series has made me do that!.

90210 - Season 4 [DVD]
90210 - Season 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shenae Grimes
Offered by MusicnMedia

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy to watch rubbish, 11 Jan 2013
This review is from: 90210 - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
I only purchased season four because I had seen all the previous seasons..This is the worst season of them all, and I only continued to watch it as I was post op and needed something that would not tax the brain, and this certainly filled that criteria..This had never been the most intelligent series to watch for obvious reason, but this seaon was mind blowingly bad.The story lines this seaon were more disjointed than in previous seasons if that could be at all possible and at times the acting was very poorly acted, again more so than in previous seaons - which is saying something..If you want something that is non too taxing and has very unbelievable story lines then this may be for you..If a season five is released then after having enduring season four there is no way I will purchase it, time to say goodbye to 90210...

Hart of Dixie - Season 1 [DVD] [2012]
Hart of Dixie - Season 1 [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Rachel Bilson

4.0 out of 5 stars Chill Out And Watch, 25 Nov 2012
This is not a series to tax your brain. If you just want a very light hearted, fluffy, non brain taxing series to watch, to just unwind and chill out to, then this is it. I watched episodses one and two and did make the decision it was not a series for me, then not to be beaten, I did watch episode three when I felt really tired and did not want to watch anything too brain taxing. I am now hooked on the series! The acting is a bit iffy at times but there are some good tongue in cheek moments, and if you can just accept the series for what it is then I am sure it will be an enjoyable watch.

Once in a Lifetime
Once in a Lifetime
by Cathy Kelly

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh Dear!, 22 Oct 2009
This review is from: Once in a Lifetime (Paperback)
I have read all of Cathy Kelly's books, and loved them all, these one was not on the same level I am afraid..I found it very hard going, and nearly gave up reading it.I found it so boring, sorry.Glad it was not the first book of this author's I read, if it had of been, would probably not bother reading any of her others..

Dreamgirls [1 Disc Edition] [DVD]
Dreamgirls [1 Disc Edition] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jamie Foxx
Offered by DVD Overstocks

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreamgirls - Nightmare!!, 2 Jun 2007
I just cannot believe this film..Started off promising but it just became more and more boring...I feel that it could have been shortened by at least an hour, and to be honest just don't understand how I watched it through to the end...Just wasted my time really..

Kommandant's Girl (MIRA)
Kommandant's Girl (MIRA)
by Pam Jenoff

5.0 out of 5 stars Lest You Forget, 1 Feb 2007
I found the Kommandant's Girl a very easy to read book, even the subject matter is not easy to forget, and nor should it be forgotten..It offers an insight into how the Jew were treated by the Nazi's and also how the resistance came into it's own at times..Yes there is a romantic tale to this book but the ending is not predictable...Sometimes one feels that there is some softening around the edges to add the romance in it, but also it really does manage to show how the Poles and mainly the Jews coped living in Poland when the Nazi's invaded their lives...I do not hesitate in asking people to read this, but do hope that the Jewish communities are not made to feel as if this book trivialises everything they went through during the war with the romantic element added, I myself do not believe this book does that, as the romantic element certainly as it's twist at the end...

Getting Rid of Matthew
Getting Rid of Matthew
by Jane Fallon

5.0 out of 5 stars And So Be Warned!!, 1 Feb 2007
This review is from: Getting Rid of Matthew (Paperback)
This is one of the best books I have read in a long time..I think there is a moral here for anyone that is having or contemplating having an affair...The grass is not always greener..Matthew is a man who has cheated not once but twice on two wives, and in this book he dows get his come upance even if only for a short while..The mistress suddenly sees him for what he is once he has dumped his wife, and later on in the book the wife sees hime for what he is and will be..I won't spoil the plot but this book tells of the destruction affairs can have on all involved, wife,children,mistress,work colleagues, and even the culprit himself..It is an easy read but it was just the job for me being post op and not being able to concentrate on anything too heavy, but having said that this book did deal with some sensitive issues in a very readable way..

Practically Perfect
Practically Perfect
by Katie Fforde

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Quite Practically Perfect, 13 Jun 2006
This review is from: Practically Perfect (Paperback)
I have read all of Katie Fford's books, and up until now have always really enjoyed reading her books, and usually can't wait until the next one comes out...Regretfully I did not enjoy this book as much as the others and at times only stuck with it out of loyalty and the knowledge that Katie's books are usually very good....I found the DIY/Building skill details all very boring to be honest and I did feel that the story line was a bit ploddy in places...Sorry!!!