Profile for Josephine Blann > Reviews

Content by Josephine Blann

Josephine Blann

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Gracie (Women & War Book 1)
Gracie (Women & War Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars The characters are good and come to life, 22 Sep 2014
I am half way reading this book and thoroughly enjoying reading it. The characters are good and come to life. Set against the backdrop of the Second World War one reads of their lives changing due to war work and one character joined up with the RAF much to the upset of his family. A good read and will hope there will be a sequel to this book. I would recommended this book.

Wings of Hope
Wings of Hope

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Sep 2014
This review is from: Wings of Hope (Kindle Edition)
Love this book set against the background of the Second World War. Great characters and very well written.

"Picture Post" Album: A 50th Anniversary Collection
"Picture Post" Album: A 50th Anniversary Collection
by Robert Kee

5.0 out of 5 stars A good purchase! Recommend buying this book if you are ..., 21 Aug 2014
A good purchase! Recommend buying this book if you are interested in history and the wonderfully shots in black and white photography which is another good reason to purchase this book.

The Soldier's Daughter
The Soldier's Daughter

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, 21 Aug 2014
I loved this book! The story is so well written and just flows along. One gets to know the characters and is drawn into keep reading the book. With the background of WW11 a book that I would recommend. You won't get bored reading this book.

Blue Smoke - The Best Of
Blue Smoke - The Best Of

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this new album!, 14 July 2014
Love this new album of Dolly Parton! I saw her on tv at Glastonbury and was blown away with her new record! A very amazing songwriter. This is the first album I have bought of Dolly Parton so she has gained another new fan! I will be buying more of her albums.

Mrs Miles's Diary: The Wartime Journal of a Housewife on the Home Front
Mrs Miles's Diary: The Wartime Journal of a Housewife on the Home Front
by Constance Miles

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased I bought this book as I have an iterest ..., 14 July 2014
I'm still reading this interesting diary of WW11 and enjoying all the writings of Mrs Miles. Set in Surrey during WW11 tells the day to day life of Mrs Miles and also interesting facts about the war that I have not red before. Very pleased I bought this book as I have an iterest in dairies on the homefront during WW11. Would recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in everyday life during WW11 and how people coped with the thought of invasion could happen any day.

Although I have a kindle I have bought this in paperback from Amazon as I like to see the photos and reading it on paper makes it more 'real'.

More diaries like these would be great to read.

Angel of the North
Angel of the North

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book!, 12 May 2014
This is the first book I have read of the author Annie Wilkinson and I will be looking out for more of her books. It's a lovely well written story and the people in the book come to life as you read them. Set in Hull against the backdrop of WW2 I would recommend this book as it is a good story and ideal to read after a busy day.

Buena Vista Social Club Presents
Buena Vista Social Club Presents
Offered by Sent2u

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous music, 20 Mar 2014
I heard this band on Radio 6 one Sunday morning and was so impressed I bought the cd. Happy, vibrant music with the Latin flavour to it. Would recommend buying it.

Blue Jersey Fitted Sheet Single
Blue Jersey Fitted Sheet Single
Offered by Tony's Textiles Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: Blue Jersey Fitted Sheet Single
Very pleased with the blue jersey fited sheet. It was nice to find a good blue. Fits well on the spare room single bed. Also seller quick in posting and packaging good. Would recommended the seller and the sheet.

Blandings: Pig-Hoo-o-o-o-ey!: (Episode 1)
Blandings: Pig-Hoo-o-o-o-ey!: (Episode 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read :), 18 Mar 2014
Whilst I am thoroughly enjoying Blandings on the tv on a Sunday night; a perfect way to relax before the star of a busy week. I have the sample on my Kindle and enjoyed reading it. I will be buying the book once I have finished another book that I am reading. Love the characters in Blandings on the tv and when reading the book I can imagine who is who. Buy it and you will enjoy it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5