Profile for A. MCALONAN > Reviews

Content by A. MCALONAN

A. MCALONAN "laris578" (Scotland)

Iron Sky (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
Iron Sky (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ Julia Dietze
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 7 Nov 2012
One of the best and funniest movies I've seen in a long time. I laughed from start to finish and the characters were brilliant. Effects were very impressive and although it was a spoof, comedy, parody it did have some deep moments. Reminded me of a modern Dr Strangelove. Highly recommended.

Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)
Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)
Offered by zoverstocks
Price: 30.97

3.0 out of 5 stars To be honest I preferred Torchlight!, 29 May 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Diablo 3 is OK - kind of average. Graphics and sound are OK nothing to write home about. I won't reiterate what everyone else says about servers etc but rather the game definately feels unbalanced. Im playing a mage on Act 2 and I'm being repeatedly killed in one stroke even though I am level 23!

There also seems to be far too much loot dropped. I'm constantly having to go back to the town to sell things.

Personally I much prefer Torchlight. You can customise your skills in torchlight and have more flexibility. Diablo 3 - same skill albeit it can be tweaked to operate differently by runes - so what. Also you are limited to 4 skills at a time max.

Can't say I don't enjoy the game butI can't help thinking that hack and slash has moved on somewhat. It seems that they hype prevailed here and Im looking forward to Torchlight 2 even though I haven't even completed Diablo 3!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2012 11:39 AM BST

We Are Born
We Are Born
Price: 6.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Stunning!, 14 Nov 2010
This review is from: We Are Born (Audio CD)
Big Sia fan - if you've not seen her live make it your mission! Saw her in the Arches in Glasgow annd she is stunning and what a laugh! I loved "Some People Have Real Problems" so she really had to pull something out of the bag to top it. After the first listen I wasn't so sure but now I've just got this on repeat constantly - I love the whole album - it's brilliant - up there with her best!

The City
The City
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 8.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!, 20 Dec 2009
This review is from: The City (Audio CD)
I bought this album when it first came out in 1990 and still regularly play it. It is a masterpiece - the sort of album you can come in after a horrible day at work - sit back and listen and all of your troubles just melt away! Vangelis at his best and one of his most under-appreciated works.

Need For Speed: Undercover (PC DVD)
Need For Speed: Undercover (PC DVD)
Offered by PNA247
Price: 5.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but flawed!, 6 Jan 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
An improvement on Need for Speed Most Wanted and better than Carbon & Prostreet. Graphics are good as is the sound. Don't know why everyone else is slating the game as it is quite fun and there are loads of varied missions this time. The game slows down occasionally for no reason - my PC and graphics card are quite high spec so there was no reason for this really. Apart from that which is no big deal - an enjoyable game.