Profile for steven sarson > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Dr. Marten's Barnie, Men's Lace-Up Boots, Black, 10 UK
Dr. Marten's Barnie, Men's Lace-Up Boots, Black, 10 UK
Offered by Shoes & Style

2.0 out of 5 stars They don't look like a quality item and only the reputation of the ..., 6 Sept. 2014
The verdict is out on these boots. They don't look like a quality item and only the reputation of the brand has prevented me from returning them. The laces are awful and I had read other rveiews that said as much. If the shoes prove to be better than expected I will be delighted to change my initial opinion. Perhaps, if you buy the more expensive styles you might get a little closer to traditional Dr Martens. No complaint on size on comfort - just worries over materials used.

HTC Mob/HTC Hero Brown
HTC Mob/HTC Hero Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, 5 Jan. 2014
It's quite nice to own a slightly retro phone and to have something different - if only because of the shape and the tracher ball. The colour is good (brown) and the texture of the surfaces enjoyable. A good buy and easy to use.

When will Jews be forgiven the Holocaust? (Kindle Single)
When will Jews be forgiven the Holocaust? (Kindle Single)

4.0 out of 5 stars worship, 5 Jan. 2014
Big fan of HJ and enjoy almost everything he writes regardless of subject matter or length. Interesting arguments wrapped up in a small package.

Hits!
Hits!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gifted, 21 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Hits! (Audio CD)
I have quite a collection of Boz music and bought this as a gift. It was very well received and is a good way of getting into or getting back to Boz.

The Making Of Henry
The Making Of Henry

5.0 out of 5 stars Read one, read them all, 21 Oct. 2013
I am a huge Jacobson fan and keenly await his next book. After a while the themes tend to converge and make male readers squirm a little, but perhaps that's the attraction.

Quilt
Quilt

3.0 out of 5 stars Second reading, 21 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Quilt (Kindle Edition)
I will read this book again, in the hope of getting more out of it. I loved the beginning, having recently lost both of my parents. Towards the end I lost the plot a little and will go back and try again.

Ricoh PJ-1 Non-Slip Protective Jacket for PX Digital Camera - White Opaque
Ricoh PJ-1 Non-Slip Protective Jacket for PX Digital Camera - White Opaque

4.0 out of 5 stars Give me some skin, 21 Oct. 2013
The white cover gives the PX and neat look, although whether it is essential or not depends upon what you intend to do with the camera. It is already showing signs of stretch and stress around the corners and I would be a little worried that water might be trapped between the outer skin and the camera itself - but first I'd have to take it paddling.

Billingham Hadley Large Black Canvas Camera Bag with Black Leather Trim
Billingham Hadley Large Black Canvas Camera Bag with Black Leather Trim

5.0 out of 5 stars great expectations, 21 Oct. 2013
Back when I had SLRs and plenty of kit a Billingham was extremely useful. Now that I only use a compact the purchase is more of a 'man-bag'. Beautifully presented and a quality item. large front pockets useful when travelling.

Not Nineteen Forever: Season review of Manchester United's 2012-13 season
Not Nineteen Forever: Season review of Manchester United's 2012-13 season

4.0 out of 5 stars Not 61 either, 3 Oct. 2013
Much more enjoyable than I first imagined, although I am not sure certain members of the current squad would agree. Have been watching United since 63 and so I enjoyed adding this to my collection. A couple of seasons to remember!!

Victorinox Men's 44mm Orange Rubber Band Steel Case Anti Reflective Sapphire Quartz Watch 241423

5.0 out of 5 stars chunky stuff, 16 Sept. 2013
Quite a bit heavier and chunkier than my previous watches, but eventually it shrinks on the wrist. I fancied a different colour and there appeared to be a price advantage, when compared to other options. Nice clear dial and very well put together for the money. This is the second Victorinox I have bought and they perform well compared to much more expensive watches I own, if not better.

Page: 1 | 2