Profile for D Haynes > Reviews

Blue Moon
Blue Moon
Price: 0.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the past, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: Blue Moon (MP3 Download)
How can anyone not like this. It's a classic in all that means.

Fellowes Powershred P-20 Strip Cut Shredder
Fellowes Powershred P-20 Strip Cut Shredder
Price: 18.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but good, 25 Jun 2014
It's a cheap shredder but does exactly as it's description says. Treat it gently and you will be fine.

D-Day Fortifications in Normandy (Fortress 37)
D-Day Fortifications in Normandy (Fortress 37)
Price: 4.12

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Zaloga winner, 8 Jun 2014
Mr Zaloga is an excellent writer no matter the topic. This is not the most extensive book on Normandy, but it never tries to be and is a most excellent starter with a decent bibliography for those inclined to know more.

The Armies Of The First French Republic, And The Rise Of The Marshals of Napoleon I. Vol I
by Colonel Ramsay Weston Phipps
Price: 20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars R W Phipps, 31 May 2014
I read this almost 30 years ago and could not get it for myself (library only). It is here now and I am almost pathetically gratefull!

Phipps is not the best writer in the world but he gives his opinion, does not hide that it is his opinion, but gives you the facts so that you can make up your own mind.

It's just a great book.

Tanks of Hitler's Eastern Allies, 1941-45 (New Vanguard)
Tanks of Hitler's Eastern Allies, 1941-45 (New Vanguard)
by Steven J. Zaloga
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Steve continues great work, 28 May 2014
Every book that Steven Zaloga writes is interesting and informative. I like his writing style as it is not dull and conveys the info about the subject with interest and knowledge. As this one covers a not so well know subject a great deal of the info was new to me, which made the purchase even more worthwhie.

Crossing the Berezina (Great Battles of the First Empire)
Crossing the Berezina (Great Battles of the First Empire)
by Francois-Guy Hourtoulle
Price: 20.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Another H&C gem, 28 May 2014
I own all the Napoleonic books issued by this company and although the format is the same in them all I never tire of each new one.

Kindle Fire HDX 7", HDX Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers
Kindle Fire HDX 7", HDX Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers
Price: 199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb piece of kit, 28 May 2014
I already have a Kindle HD and this upgrade is indeed much better-faster, brighter and clearer. The Amazon offer of 40 off was just too much to resist.

Designated Infected: Designated Book 1
Designated Infected: Designated Book 1
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars New author--good start, 1 April 2014
I got this book on the recommendation of the author's father and I am glad that I did.

This is the first Zombie book I have ever read abd I have to admit my heart sank when I realised that it was indeed about Zombies. However, Ricky has a terrific twist to the normal genre style and I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

I will be purchasing the next and any subsequent volumes as I really want to know what is going on and felt engaged with the characters.

Weel done for a first author
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 1, 2014 11:06 PM BST

Quiet Night
Quiet Night
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Soothing, 1 April 2014
This review is from: Quiet Night (MP3 Download)
I first heard this song while watching Wallander and enjoyed it because I believe it caught the feel of the programme.

Knife Edge: Montgomery and the Battle of the Bulge
Knife Edge: Montgomery and the Battle of the Bulge
Price: 1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Monty`s defender, 20 July 2013
Having decided to give Monty the privilege of having won the
Battle of the Bulge, thus creating new history, Mr Oulds should
have decided to back this up with some proof. In my eyes he did not and therefore his book is just his rewrite and the reader is left to make up his/her own mind with insufficient data. I read
much that I did not know from my reading of 12 other books on this battle. No footnotes in this case equals no belief in his story on my part. Avoid this book!