Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Reading, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Red Water & Impact Resistant Protective Zip Case With Soft Inner Lining & Dual Zips For LG Optimus Vu 2, Kobo Arc & Motorola ET1, By DURAGADGET

5.0 out of 5 stars Done me well for 8 months now, 25 April 2014
I use this to house my Kobo Arc e-reader and it has done me well for 8 months now. The little internal pocket has also been useful to store notes, tickets etc. I carried my previous two e-readers around without protection and managed to crack the screens on both of them. This case wasn't recommended for the Kobo when I purchased it (but the supplied measurements were suitable) but it has turned out to be an excellent purchase.

Untouchable [DVD] (2011)
Untouchable [DVD] (2011)
Dvd ~ François Cluzet

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great movie, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Untouchable [DVD] (2011) (DVD)
One of these hardly heard-of movies that are an absolute gem to find. My whole family (adults and teenagers) enjoyed it.

LED Lenser H7R Rechargeable Head Lamp (Black) - Box
LED Lenser H7R Rechargeable Head Lamp (Black) - Box
Offered by BEATER

4.0 out of 5 stars This is my third one, 25 April 2014
Good Points: Great light. Not too bulky, I am happy with battery life. Indicates when fully charged
Bad points: Hinge breaks. Expensive
At the end of the day, this is the best head torch I have found (for illuminating things). The hinge function (allowing lamp to point higher or lower) is an excellent and necessary function. However, it is the weak point of the unit and has broken on my previous two. I use this lamp at work (I am a ship's electrical person so I'm in and out of dark boxes) and for reading my book in my tent when I'm camping.

Twinings Rose Garden 20's (Pack of 4, Total 80 Tea Bags)
Twinings Rose Garden 20's (Pack of 4, Total 80 Tea Bags)

5.0 out of 5 stars As described, 25 April 2014
Arrived in good time, well packaged. Not much else you can say. Unfortunately, Amazon reviews require more words so I'll simply add that I believe Twinings tea to be the best. This Rose Garden brew, should you be dithering, is a lovely drink and I recommend it. Some other reviews say that this cardboard boxed (20 teabags per box) version is cheaper in store. Well, I can't find it anywhere round here except in a tin box (which costs over £6 for 20) so I'm quite happy.

John Steinbeck: Travels with Charley and Later Novels, 1947-1962: The Wayward Bus/Burning Bright/Sweet Thursday/The Winter of Our Discontent/Travels w (Library of America)
by John Steinbeck

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything as stated, 25 April 2014
Everything as stated - well packaged, arrived in okay time. Book (2nd hand) as described. Just what I expected. Everyone should read at least one Steinbeck book as he is such an excellent writer.

No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency - The Complete Series (2009) [DVD]
No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency - The Complete Series (2009) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jill Scott
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 25 April 2014
For background you need to watch the pilot film first. The No1 Ladies Detective Agency, The Complete Series is perfectly done, thoroughly enjoyable, fun and emotive. Even though I thought he was great, I found the camp hairdresser character a little out of place as Africa doesn't usually deal with this type of thing very well but I think my most relevant comment here is simply to say - Please, please, please make another series.

SixBros. SixJump 14FT 4.30 M Garden Trampoline Blue Intertek / GS tested | Safety Net - CST430/L1760
Offered by SixBros.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good short term, 18 April 2014
Trampoline seemed okay but it's a time will tell thing. Trampoline is used almost solely by my daughter (light build, aged 12/13). She uses it most days, but probably not more than 10 minutes at a time. Maybe 15 minutes a day. 14 months after purchase 1 spring has just detached from the mat.

Mats on our previous trampoline used to last 3 or 4 years (so we have a comparison) - we stopped using that trampoline because the replacement mats came from Ireland and the delivery was more than the mat.

Since writing the above more springs have detached. Unable to find a replacement mat on the SixBros website, I phoned them up. The girl I spoke to spoke perfect English and was very nice but there is an eight week wait for new mats. I looked into buying another 14ft trampoline but this SixBros one does seem to be the cheapest around and none of the other more expensive ones look any better built. So I've purchased a half-price 12ft one (Sportspower, 4.7 out 5, 28 reviews) from Argos...

Motorcycle Motorbike Scooter Anti-theft Security Alarm
Motorcycle Motorbike Scooter Anti-theft Security Alarm
Offered by Tcity

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 April 2014
I haven't used this yet but I've been 'playing' with it. To prevent the casual motorcycle molester, this thing is the bee's knees.It is easy to use, sensitive and loud. And it costs under £7.00. Apparently... it will reset if such situation arises and the battery probably needs replacing with a decent one but at under £7 I am sure it will always be a valuable addition to the contents of my topbox (or the junk under my seat).

I notice the comments concerning difficulties when fitting the battery but I didn't have a problem. I did look at this for a while - and wonder - but the battery went in with a nice positive clunk.

No Highway In The Sky (Region 2)
No Highway In The Sky (Region 2)
Dvd ~ James Stewart
Offered by wmdservices

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the full length version, 8 Dec. 2013
Prompt delivery, suitable packaging, great film. But I am trying to get the full length version. On this disk (I don't know how other 'editions' vary), if you watch the trailer, you will see a scene with Mr Honey and Elspeth that isn't actually in the included film! Why would someone cut 10 minutes from a 60 year old movie? What's the point? Very annoying. Amazon, of course, should give running times.

To be honest, I chose this particular version of the film because I belive the cover (although now in Spanish) is an original cover - so I hoped the original film would be inside it! Still a great film though (and book)!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2014 11:52 AM GMT

Spiders of Britain and Northern Europe (Collins Field Guide)
Spiders of Britain and Northern Europe (Collins Field Guide)
by Michael J. Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Sept. 2013
I have been casually studying spiders for years and I am always on the look out for 'spider' books. This one is the best one I have found and it is quite literally packed with information. I love reading it, I've taken it on holiday and now I'm home it's by my bed. Can't wait for it to come out on Kindle! If you are interested in spiders, buy this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6