Profile for BookReviewer > Reviews

I, Steve: Steve Jobs in His Own Words
I, Steve: Steve Jobs in His Own Words
by George Beahm

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational read, 5 Nov. 2011
This is a really great little book. I think most people would agree that Steve Jobs was a pretty fascinating character, and this book offers bite sized insights into his thinking on a range of business and creative areas. And it's a lot easier to tackle than his biography!!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2011 10:59 AM GMT

Ducasse: Nature
Ducasse: Nature
by Alain Ducasse

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best cookbooks I've seen, 15 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Ducasse: Nature (Hardcover)
Alain Ducasse is a legend, having been awarded numerous michelin stars for his restaurants around the globe. But this book isn't scary, and is very straight forward, with stunning pics of the food and simple instructions. I've admired his other books from a distance (too technical), but can't recommend this one enough. It's French, but not too much so - it's more about good honest and healthy food. And I love the drawings of food on the cover!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2011 9:29 PM GMT

Top of the Cake Pops
Top of the Cake Pops
by April Carter

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest things I've seen in a long time, 3 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Top of the Cake Pops (Hardcover)
Not only is this book practical - the recipes are very easy - but it's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! The pics of the celebrity cake pops (Lady Goo Good is my favourite) are so good. Can't recommend this enough and can think of loads of people I'm going to give it to. Not sure who April Carter is, but in my view she's a genius!

Fast, Fresh, Simple
Fast, Fresh, Simple
by Donna Hay

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect cookbook, 2 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Fast, Fresh, Simple (Paperback)
I love this book! The design and photography are just stunning - very clean and simple - but the best thing about it are the recipes, which are all so do-able. I'm not the world's most gifted cook, but love to get into the kitchen and Donna's recipes are a joy to use. The ingredients lists aren't too long (and no weird ingredients) and the directions are straight forward and easy to follow. I've already tried the Apple and Blueberry cake and it worked perfectly - if only all of my baking attempts were like it!! I can't recommend this book enough.

Updating Under the Influence (Sally Beerworth e Books Book 1)
Updating Under the Influence (Sally Beerworth e Books Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 16 Sept. 2011
I've just stumbled across this book and really loved it. Very funny and charming and completely original - made me laugh out loud.

A Month in Marrakesh
A Month in Marrakesh
by Andy Harris

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 16 May 2011
This review is from: A Month in Marrakesh (Hardcover)
I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to Moroccan food, but absolutely love this book. Really great photography and the recipes are straight forward. I think the autor works for Jamie Oliver's mag, so I reckon he must know a thing or two about good, simple food.

Audrey Gordon's Tuscan Summer
Audrey Gordon's Tuscan Summer
by Audrey Gordon

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost your sense of humour?, 15 Mar. 2011
This is the funniest book I've read in ages! No idea if the recipes are real or not, but the story is absolutely hilarious!

What to Do About Everything: A Manual for Domestic Life
What to Do About Everything: A Manual for Domestic Life
by Barbara Toner

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!, 8 Mar. 2011
I read about this book in YOU magazine a couple of weeks ago so went out and bought a copy. Love the writing style and was surprised to find I read it from cover to cover, rather than dipping in and out of chapters. The advice is spot on - pragmatic, relevant and very, very amusing.

UFO: Unified Fashion Objectives
UFO: Unified Fashion Objectives
by Albert Watson

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 29 Oct. 2010
Love this book. Albert Watson has photographed more than 250 vogue covers and his images are just amazing. If you are even the slightest bit interested in fashion or photography, this is the book for you.

The Official CIA Manual of Trickery and Deception
The Official CIA Manual of Trickery and Deception
by Keith H. Melton

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 15 Oct. 2010
I loved this book - so interesting and at times, almost unbelievable. What an insight into the CIA.