Profile for DanB > Reviews

DanB

Metal Earth Star Wars Tie Fighter
Metal Earth Star Wars Tie Fighter

2.0 out of 5 stars Jedi powers required, 31 Mar. 2015
Unfortunately, Master Yoda had gone home for the day so I was left to attempt to make this kit myself. It is the most frustrating, annoyingly fiddly and frankly ridiculously tiny kit in the series. There are bits you have to fold that if you go too far one way and fold them back they just snap in half. The bits I managed to assemble all gave up the ghost as I was trying to attach to other parts. Dissapointed as these are usually great model kits. The AT-AT is fiddly too but seems doable (and is) but this one is maddening and halfway through I just thought there has to be more to life. I've seen people reviewing who have built it. They should start a service to build for people without the power of the force.

Metal Earth AT-AT
Metal Earth AT-AT
Offered by produXa UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Look Fantastic & fun to build, 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Metal Earth AT-AT (Toy)
These are absolutely superb models. They require patience and a decent set of precision tools doesn't go amiss. If you think of them as papercraft with metal you'll get the general idea. Such a wide range of models in the range too from real world buildings to Halo Warthogs. If you can build the At-At without himming the Imperial march then you're a better person than me :)

The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists (Blu-ray 3D) [2012]
The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists (Blu-ray 3D) [2012]
Dvd ~ Hugh Grant

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, great Blu, 15 Sept. 2012
Great film, as you would expect from Aardman. One thing I couldn't work out from other reviews or get anywhere on the net was if the 2D version of the film was on the disc. Well I ordered it anyway, and it does included 2D and 3D versions of the film. Also has an Ultraviolet copy, a code for movieextras, a code for LBP costumes which is something I think Sony should be doing more in their releases. PS3 and Vita extras included with films is a great idea.
Considering the price of these disc in supermarkets now £22 if it has 3D written anywhere near it! this is a good price too
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2012 10:44 AM BST

Supergets® Samsung I9100 Galaxy S2 Orange Dual Layer Protection Hybrid Silicone Case Cover Skin, Screen Protector And Polishing Cloth
Offered by FA Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, 7 Feb. 2012
Great case.The orange part is a rubber material that completely envelopes the back and side of the phone, including the side buttons while leaving them useale. The black part is a plastic mesh which can be seperated. It fits the Samsung Galaxy S2 perfectly, all holes,buttons, camera etc are perfectly aligned so no problems. This also came with a screen protector, now, I paid £5 in Phones 4 u for a screen protector just a day before ordering this case. The screen protector that came with this case is FAR better quality and fits perfectly without any bubbles. I don't think I could be any more impressed with this case, apart from I'm not too sure about the orange colour now :)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality. STRONG tension, 6 July 2011
I "plumped" for this as I was looking for a resistance tube with a decent amount of resistance. Having had Reebok ones which are good quality but don't offer enough resistance. I looked at Ripcords and Bodylastics but felt they suffered from "infomercial" type reviews. Look on any site and the reviews seem to be written by the companies themselves (my opinion).
So I looked on Amazon at the different types and saw these and at £10.99 for the extra strong it seemed cheap enough to be worth a punt. I'm glad I did.

I use this in a free weights workout session and it is tough (so much so that certain exercises I will need a lighter version).

The build quality is very good and the tube is covered in a cloth sheeth so this avoids any pain should it snap (I don't actually envisage this snapping as it seems pretty tough). The sheet will also prevent any allergic reactions to Latex or rubber that people may have. This however does make it a bit bulkier than other bands but not too much (great to throw in a case for hols)

Comes with a handy door grip too so you can add more exercises to your programme.

Only downside to them I think is possibly the handles, but I've got no real issues with them either.

I'm ordering a lower resistance one now.

Ideal for use on P90 and P90X type workouts and some of the Rushfit programme if you follow that.