Profile for Chris Davis > Reviews

BagBase Heritage Backpack Black One
BagBase Heritage Backpack Black One
Offered by laylawson®

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect product., 6 May 2015
Fantastic bag for the price. Good size, looks stylish and is comfortable to carry on your back. I use it for work, taking my lunch, laptop (incl. leads), 2L water bottle and documents without any problems. There's no laptop compartment but I knew that when purchasing.

Perfect general-purpose backpack. Makes it hard to justify spending any more than this on another!

Life Floating Spa Bar Inflatable Hot Tub Side Tray for Drinks and Snacks
Life Floating Spa Bar Inflatable Hot Tub Side Tray for Drinks and Snacks
Offered by Zizy

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent addition to a hot tub!, 6 May 2015
Brilliant product! Stays pumped up for a long time and is quite spacious.It is very buoyant and handles food well.

Couple of niggles, first is that the pockets to put food and drink in collect water very easily, so you wouldn't want to put food directly into them (as shown on the picture), unless you like your food tasting of chlorine! Second is that the pockets designed to hold drinks glasses are quite thin, so if you have slightly wider than "standard" glasses, you'll find that it's a struggle to put them into the pocket and also to pull them out.

Other than that, it really does give you peace of mind that you're not going to drop your food or drink into the tub.

Coconut Secret, Raw Coconut Aminos, Soy-Free Seasoning Sauce, 8 fl oz (237 ml)
Coconut Secret, Raw Coconut Aminos, Soy-Free Seasoning Sauce, 8 fl oz (237 ml)
Offered by STRATTON UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but a tad expensive., 6 May 2015
Great flavour. Use as a substitute for soy sauce. It has a sort of sweet, salty taste, which is different to soy sauce, although overall it's pretty similar. I've used in numerous dishes as a flavour enhancer and have been impressed thus far. For those that hate coconut, this will be fine as there's no "coconutty" taste in this product.

I've dropped a star for the price - very expensive and doesn't last too long if you're using it regularly. It's more of a "treat" item than an everyday inclusion, unless you can afford to buy this every other week.

Baumalu - 382860 - Cast iron WOK 36 cm 4 pieces
Baumalu - 382860 - Cast iron WOK 36 cm 4 pieces

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy and sturdy. Have cooked a range of foods in this, 6 May 2015
Heavy and sturdy. Have cooked a range of foods in this, and found that items do not stick to the pan, which is great. It's a large wok, perfect for cooking family-sized or single-sized portions alike.

The lid is indeed thin, but I think that's the whole point - it doesn't need to be thick. The lid is also incredibly light, but can scratch very easily, so you need to be careful on that front.

The half-grill hasn't served any purpose as of yet, possibly more of a gimmick than anything but it doesn't detract from the product at all.

Wok is easy to clean without soap.

CHOE UPGRADED Qi Wireless Car Charger Dock with Universal Orienting Windshield / Dashboard and Air Vent Mount for SONY Xperia Z3V,Moto Droid Turbo,Nexus 5,Nexus 4, Droid Maxx/Mini,LG G3/G4 , Samsung, HTC and Other Qi Wireless Charger Phones
Offered by CHOETECH

4.0 out of 5 stars Just works., 9 Jun. 2014
I have to say, I hadn't heard of the brand before this phone holder/dock and £30 isn't exactly the cheapest punt. I am however very impressed with the item. The packaging was clean and crisp. The holder was easy to assemble (you have a choice of attachments in order to tack it to your car) and all the items feel well made.

I wasn't expecting the wireless charging component to work off-the-bat, however I was pleased to see that once I had plugged the cable in via the cigarette charging adapter, it started charging my phone before I had even locked it into place! I have a Nexus 5 and this charges my phone even through the Spigen Slimarmor case I have on it, which impressed me as well. The wireless charging component is quick to figure out a phone has been attached and has a respectable charging pace.

The locking mechanism is easy to use. You slide your phone between the two arms, then squeeze them until your phone is firmly locked into place; you will hear a "clicking" noise as it tightens up. It has not fallen out once for me. Unlocking the phone from the holder is again very easy - there's a button on the back that you press and your phone springs out. Your hand is already in a place to hold the phone when pressing the button so it will fall straight into your hand.

I have only used the suction attachment so far, however it is fantastic. You do not need to use any saliva to make the suction pad stick - all you do is put it in the desired place and then press the button near the rim of the mount attachment; this will then suction it to your windscreen nicely. I've driven well over 1,000 miles since purchasing this and has yet to fall off my screen.

This is, in my opinion a much more graceful approach to in-car charging than wired products. Yes, you still have to plug in the wireless module in order to power it, however it makes clipping and unclipping your phone whilst you're in your car so much easier and faster. It's definitely an ease-of-life product.

I am only dropping a star from this item as it has a tendency to produce a small rattling noise when driving over uneven/bumpy roads. This is a little bit annoying at times but you can pretty much silence it with music.

Overall: Fab product. Worth the money. Would purchase other items from this brand from now on.

Samsung I9205 Galaxy Mega 6.3 inch 8GB Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Samsung I9205 Galaxy Mega 6.3 inch 8GB Sim Free Smartphone - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the money, 2 Sept. 2013
I've been using this phone for a couple of weeks now and I'm certainly not disappointed!

Just a note, expect some attention when using this phone. A lot of people I know have commented on my new purchase. Some bad, some good.

The body design is akin to the Galaxy S4, except on a much larger scale. Relatively thin bezels keep this phone from being unwieldy and I am able to hold this phone in one hand comfortably (although I do concede that you'll need both your hands for the majority of operations).

I can comfortably fit this phone into a pair of Topman slimfit jeans, which I was surprised about. It's actually pretty portable. It can be a little finicky whipping the phone out in a snap, but it doesn't bother me that much. I must admit I didn't take it out the last time I went on a night out as I didn't want to end up breaking it if I fell over in a drunken stupor.

Battery life is superb. I am confident that you can easily make it through a day of heavy use without needing to charge. With light use you could probably make it ~3 days without charging, without any battery saving tweaks. It's hard to believe that such a large screen wouldn't just suck up all that power, but since it comes in pretty light on the specs, the monstrous 3300mAh battery has plenty of juice to keep you going.

The phone isn't too heavy and feels comfortable in the hand. The thing that adds most of the weight is the battery, but when you have this much space, a big battery is a must.

The build quality feels pretty solid. Obviously the back is removable so you can access the battery and SIM tray, but again, the back is pretty solid (It is plastic, but I don't have a problem with plastic).

The phone is easy to adjust to. I swapped from an iPhone 5 to this and didn't feel overwhelmed by the size (surprisingly). Using any smaller phone than this now just feels tiny and cramped. The screen real-estate this phone offers is fantastic and I thoroughly appreciate every pixel!

Spec-wise, this phone is definitely mid-range. In real terms, the phone performs pretty well. It's relatively snappy and is overall a pleasant experience. I have experienced lag in some areas on occasion, usually when scrolling in an intensive app, or letting the homescreen load after booting up the phone, but it's easy to overlook. Can play games pretty well (handled Monsters Ate My Condo pretty well, not tried GTA or any similar game yet), which is nice considering the screen size.

Screen quality is actually very nice. Yes, it has a low pixel density and is only 720p, but in reality, you probably won't notice. Coming from the iPhone 5 screen, I couldn't really pick much fault. Everyone I have shown the phone to has complimented the screen quality. The only people I could see disliking the screen on this would be spec snobs.

Call quality seems to be pretty good. I didn't have a problem holding this phone to my ear but if you feel you may look a bit silly doing so I'd suggest to invest in a Bluetooth headset.

If you like to tinker with your Android devices, this may not be the best phone to pick up (unless you're a developer of course). Developer support is pretty low on places like XDA, but there are working rooting methods if that's what you're in to. You'd be better off with the S4 or a Nexus if that's your main priority (although you do sacrifice screen size for it).

Unlike the S4, the Galaxy Mega does not (yet) support the App2SD feature (installing apps to the SD card), which makes 8GB a tight fit and your 64GB SD card rather limited in its usage. I am hoping that the App2SD feature will be supported in the future, but I can't find any information saying that Samsung will be doing so. There's not even a rooted option (beside FolderMount, but that isn't exactly the same as installing apps to SD card).

Overall, a top-notch phone for the price. It loses a star for the bit of lag I've noticed and the lack of App2SD. Besides that, a great for phone for those that are looking for a big screen at a not-so-big price.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2013 12:42 AM GMT

Kitchen Craft Home Made Deluxe Glass Preserving Jar, 1000ml (35oz)
Kitchen Craft Home Made Deluxe Glass Preserving Jar, 1000ml (35oz)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 14 Jun. 2013
Bought one of these to store some coconut oil in. Delivery was prompt (several days ahead of time in fact) and product came in a well padded package. Jar appears sturdy and the lid lock is much better than an identical jar I had a look at in Tesco. In fact, the one in Tesco was that bad, I thought I was going to break it by trying to fasten it back up! Lid feels a little flimsy when you're opening the jar, but that's probably just because of the flexibility in the hinge.

The jar was dirty on arrival, but the note on the lid gave instructions for properly washing the jar, which was nice. It also gave instructions on how to sterilise it.

Seems good value for money and does exactly what I want it to do. Couldn't ask for more!

Raw Health Organic Squeezy Romanian Acacia Honey 350 g (Pack of 2)
Raw Health Organic Squeezy Romanian Acacia Honey 350 g (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 14 Jun. 2013
I'm not usually a fan of the taste of honey, but this stuff I could eat on its own just fine. It has a lovely, sweet taste to it and I've used it so far for adding a bit of sweetness to sauces and I put some on top of sweet potato and squash when I bake them. Would be a great sweetener for baked goods too.

Not cheap, but one of the better value products I've encountered when looking through raw & organic honey products.

Overall: great. Would purchase again.

Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g
Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g

5.0 out of 5 stars The only oil you should be cooking with., 14 Jun. 2013
Coconut oil is a fantastic product, which is very versatile. It's great to cook with. I use it for frying and baking. It does not leave a (strong) taste of coconut on food cooked in it, so even if you dislike the taste of coconut (as my girlfriend does, unfortunately), you can still use this product without worry.

This product appears to be the best value for money, especially taking into account the Subscribe & Save programme Amazon runs too (extra ~£1.50 off if memory serves me well). The Tesco I shop at only sells the one brand of Coconut oil, which is £7.99 for 250g, so this works out much better value.

It smells lovely and coconutty! I usually have a quick smell of the oil before I spoon some into a pan for frying as I love the smell of coconut. Others have mentioned that the oil appears to be inferior quality in comparison to other products, however it seems to be of similar quality in my opinion.

I think most people have covered the point that Coconut oil is an extremely beneficial product to consume, with a multitude of health benefits. It is comprised mostly of saturated fats, but don't let that put you off - saturated fats are crucial building blocks of healthy, balanced diet.

For those that are concerned about the toxins from the plastic jar leeching into the oil, I would suggest investing in a glass preserving jar and transferring the oil on delivery to it. This is what I did and it was pretty easy. I read on another review's comments that the plastic does not contain BPA, but still, thought it might be a useful piece of advice to some.

In Car Holder for Apple Iphone 6 / 6 Plus / 5 / 4 / 4s / 3G / 3 and IPOD series 2015 Model
Offered by Best Digital Market

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 4 Jun. 2013
NOTE: Please read bottom edits with regard to my issues with the original product I received.

Fairly intuitive to use and a good design for a universal device holder, which is lucky considering the instructions are written in pigeon English.

The sucker is pretty good, it hasn't come loose apart from when I've removed it from my windscreen.

Fits my iPhone 5 well, haven't tried other devices but the clamp opens up to a decent width, which should accommodate all current popular mobile phones, or any other small electronic devices you may want in your peripheral view when driving (sat nav for example).

My issues with this product are twofold:

1. Despite reviews claiming otherwise, my phone can and will vibrate when inside the holder on journeys
2. The arm mechanism has seemingly become loose after a day of usage. This means that the arm will, at certain angles, be unable to support the weight of the phone and inevitably flops, leaving you with a displeasing viewing angle. I have to move it about until I find an angle where it stays in place.

Based on the other reviews, it appears I have received a faulty unit.

EDIT: The seller came back to me fairly quickly with the offer of a replacement or refund based on this review, which I am pleased about; therefore I have decided to up my star rating to 4 stars. Will re-edit my review when I have a fully functional unit to test.

EDIT 2: I received a replacement product very quickly after conversing with the vendor (less than 2 days), was impressed with the speed at which the company pushed out a replacement. I appeared to be sent a different model to the one I originally received. The replacement model is a matte grey colour with no aesthetic modifications, unlike the original product, which was a slightly glossy black colour.

The replacement model's arm works, which I am happy about as that was my main gripe with the original product I received, however there is still a distinct, noticeable vibration when using roads that aren't smooth as butter (so, most roads in the UK). I find that if you can clamp/tighten the arm with something, it will considerably lower the vibrations to a point where you can filter them out. I am reverting back to my 3 star rating because of this.

Page: 1 | 2