Profile for lizzie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Ice-Watch Unisex Winter Deep Red Analogue Watch SW.DR.U.S with Silicone Strap
Ice-Watch Unisex Winter Deep Red Analogue Watch SW.DR.U.S with Silicone Strap

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price, 27 Nov 2012
I like this watch, it's casual, it's chunky, it's fun. Only 4 stars because I have a large wrist-8 inch and I am on the last hole on the strap. If it' s unisex it's for a man with a fairly thin wrist. Worth the £20 I paid, but I'm just not trendy enough to pay £70+. Love the colour too, not bright red.

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Royal Purple  [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite (5th and 6th Generation)]
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Royal Purple [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite (5th and 6th Generation)]

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good, but..., 24 Oct 2012
The new Paperwhite case is good. It is light, it is hard enough to provide protection for the PW unit, it has a great magnetic clasp to keep it closed and a space open for the charger. The lightness and hardness does make it feel a bit plasticky, not like the luxurious KK covers of a few years ago. But I am sooo disappointed with the colour! I ordered Royal Purple and it is not like the lovely colour in the picture, it is a dark plummy purple, not royal at all. Just don't like it, so am returning for another colour.
I returned it for a fuchsia one, it must be me because I don't like the colour of that either. It isn't as bright and good looking as the pictures, just makes it look cheap and plastic. It functions well, but just not for me I guess.

Is it Just Me?
Is it Just Me?
by Miranda Hart
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Try Something Different!, 12 Oct 2012
This review is from: Is it Just Me? (Audio CD)
I admit I am a book reader. I also admit I am a fan of Miranda Hart. I noticed that the audiobook was read by her and only £1 more than the hardback, so I thought I'd give it a try. Miranda's voice and phrasing are so special it makes the book even funnier. Try something different if you are not an audiobook listener, it is worth it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2012 1:19 AM GMT

Rodgers & Hammerstein at the Movies
Rodgers & Hammerstein at the Movies

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been sooo much better!, 11 Oct 2012
I agree with the other reviews that compared to the fabulous live performances at the Proms, this recording is a bit flat. Perhaps not the best choice of music. I would also like to point out the the mp3 download has an additional number not listed on the CD, "I Enjoy Being a Girl" from Flower Drum Song.

The Chronicles of Downton Abbey (Official Series 3 TV tie-in)
The Chronicles of Downton Abbey (Official Series 3 TV tie-in)
by Jessica Fellowes

5.0 out of 5 stars A gorgeous book!, 15 Sep 2012
Another lovely book from Jessica Fellowes following the story of Downton Abbey. The photos are beautiful, the insights to the changing times of the early 1920's are well written and add to the characters portrayal we see on television. It's not deep, it's not a great mystery or thriller, it's just a great read if you are a fan of Downton. This is available as a Kindle edition as well, but the photos are such an important part of the book I think the real book is more useful.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2012 2:46 PM BST

Chariots of Fire (30th Anniversary Limited Edition) [Blu-ray] [1981] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Ben Cross

5.0 out of 5 stars BluRay does the job!, 18 July 2012
The film itself, Chariots of Fire, is an excellent film, as has been mentioned numerous times here. This BluRay version is new, only released in mid July 2012, and is a vast improvement from the old DVD transfer. The picture and sound are excellent. Most of the reviews here are old ones not of the new BluRay version, so check the review date to make sure you are looking at a review of the new release.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2012 2:44 PM BST

Dyson Digital Slim DC35 Multi Floor Lightweight Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson Digital Slim DC35 Multi Floor Lightweight Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by Technosolutions

3.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment, 14 Jun 2012
I wanted to love this, I really did! But it was the little things that got to me in the end. Charged fine and was easy to assemble. I was concerned that it looked like a crack in the dirt collection cylinder - couldn't feel it on the outside, but did on the inside. Could also be a manfuacturing mark. What I didn't know was that the cylinder was sooo small! And the big thing for me was that with arthritis in my hands it was very difficult to use because you have to hold down the trigger button to make it work. The slower speed gave about 12 minutes on a charge and didn't pick up much. Used the max or turbo button and it picked up things better, but only lasted about 5 minutes. It is OK, should be better for this price, but for me the trigger was the deal breaker - my hand just couldn't do it.

Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display
Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, but..., 25 April 2012
I bought the new Touch to replace my old Keyboard 3, thinking that it would be so much better. I am sure that in many ways it is. The print is as Kindle has always been; bright, clear and sharp. It is lighter and smaller than the old KK3, though some of that lightness will go when a case is put on it - especially if you need a light. The build quality is good, I liked the feel of the back, not just smooth, but a bit of grip. I appreciated that the USB cable was a good length, so many products have cables that are too short. I found the keyboard easy to use and the menu system was very much the same as my old version, so no problems there. I was afraid a touch screen would get dirty with fingerprints and make the whole thing hard to read, but no, it was great. Downloading books was a breeze as well. I found the page turning sluggish and often had to tap or swipe more than once to get it to work. My main disappointment with this new Touch is the ghosting on the screen. Even using the page refresh setting so it refreshed each page turn, I was still getting ghosting. It is very distracting. I have decided to return my Touch and wait for an updated version with some of the little niggles sorted out. It has great potential and the selection of books is the best. I just wish it was a bit farther down the line in development.
UPDATE: my Touch was faulty and Amazon has replaced it. No ghosting on this one, even on 6 page refresh, and the page turn is nice and fast now. So, I have changed rating to reflect this.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2012 7:06 PM BST

Unmasked
Unmasked

5.0 out of 5 stars Great songs, Great voice!, 16 April 2012
This review is from: Unmasked (Audio CD)
Having bought JOJ's second album and loving the selection I was ready for this new album. The vocals and arrangements are lovely, with some highlighting his wonderful voice with just accoustic guitar. The song selection is great because it isn't all from the shows. John's voice is terrific with wonderful tone and tremendous power - and what a range! Be sure to keep listening after the last song for a surprise...with a delightful Welsh accent! I hope, however, that his next album will get away from the West End a bit. With his fantastic voice he could sing so many different types of music brilliantly and I would love to hear more!

Love Never Dies [DVD]
Love Never Dies [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Lewis
Offered by The Happy Zombie

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, could be worse, 23 Mar 2012
This review is from: Love Never Dies [DVD] (DVD)
I have to admit that I didn't think this show was as bad as I thought it might be. Sequels are always dangerous because the audience has developed the characters themselves and are easily disappointed that the author's development of the story isn't what they would have done. The musical performances were very good, the costumes and dance and sound all good. I wish that there had been more wide shots so I could see the whole stage and more of the set, to get more of the feel of Coney Island. The music was more developed than Phantom and of a different style. It is interesting that the two big numbers, Love Never Dies and Till I Hear You Sing, as the romantic, lush pieces that filled POTO. The other music will not leave you humming, but it does stick in your brain in snatches. I admit that for me the big stumbling block was the whole premise of the child, which I found far fetched as a sequel, but that is my opinion on the characters. As a show it was good, but it isn't the mega musical that the original is and it will not run forever - but it would be nice to see it revived. As a DVD/BluRay it was well done and is a great opportunity for many, like me, who never got to see the show live to enjoy the experience.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13