Profile for lizzie > Reviews

Content by lizzie

lizzie (north of north)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Betron Pop Up Portable Mini Travel II Capsule Rechargeable 40mm Speaker For Iphone, iPod, Ipad, Tablets and MP3 Players (Wired, Black)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 26 July 2013
Sorry, but this just didn't do it for me. The cable was so short you have to put it right next to the phone and it wasn't very loud at all. Speaker on the phone was louder.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2013 10:12 PM BST

Bosch TWK8633 Styline Collection Cordless Jug Kettle - 1.5 L, Black
Bosch TWK8633 Styline Collection Cordless Jug Kettle - 1.5 L, Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh My!, 2 July 2013
Am I trendy or what? Just saw this same model on Coronation Street. It's a lot bigger and chunkier than I expected, even though it is only 1.5lts. It is about average in noise for a kettle, I wish it would cut off a little bit sooner when it boils, but is pretty rapid. The beep is not needed and is irritating. I didn't realise exactly how loud it is until I heard it from way down the end of the garden. Wish there was a choice to have it on or off. I dithered between this model and the newer one and went for this because I thought it would be a bit lighter, as the electronics are in the separate base not on the kettle. Does make a good cup of tea, has a good grip handle and is cool to the touch, the excess cord stores under the unit. The keep warm function is good, though it only stays on until you pick up the kettle. So, if I boil it, do keep warm, and pick it up to use it will then shut off, so doesn't stay on keep warm for another cup. Bought mine as "used - like new" and it was. Would I pay full price for it? Probably not, it's just a kettle even though it has been on Corrie.
Update: the noise when it's on and the beeps to start and finish are getting on my nerves.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2013 6:10 AM BST

Skagen Ladies White Ceramic Watch 816XSWXC1 with Crystal Accented White Dial
Skagen Ladies White Ceramic Watch 816XSWXC1 with Crystal Accented White Dial

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, 18 May 2013
I love Skagen watches and have a couple of them. I wanted a white ceramic one and saw this on the Warehouse Deals page. Less than half the rrp, I thought I would give it a try even though it said there was a scratch on the case. It arrived and looks like brand new. I can't find a scratch anywhere. Lovely! Not huge and clunky, but clear enough to read. Would especially suit a small/petite person's wrist in face size. But it is very long, which is exactly what I need, but a smaller person would have to have a number of links taken out. For me, perfect!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish to me!, 18 May 2013
Goes to show that there are no quick fixes! This did absolutely nothing for me, not even the "unpleasant" side effects. Waste of money. I stuck completely to a 1000-1200 calorie diet, low fat, drank lots of water etc. I did lose about 2lbs a week, but that is what I was losing without the Alli. Save your money.

Original Full Set of Canon High Yield PGI-550XL (550 XL Black) & CLI-551XL (551 XL Black, Cyan, Magenta & Yellow) (PC)
Offered by CrazyKangaroo

4.0 out of 5 stars Ink is fine, but, 10 May 2013
The ink is fine, but I haven't noticed it lasting significantly longer than the regular size. Expensive, think about it before buying the printer. I wish I had.

RSPB Window Bird Feeder
RSPB Window Bird Feeder

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun, 10 May 2013
It took a while, but the birds now come to it to fed, great entertainment! Good and sturdy, stays stuck to the window.

RSPB 27-inch Premium Easy Clean Bird Feeder
RSPB 27-inch Premium Easy Clean Bird Feeder

5.0 out of 5 stars It Is What It Is, 10 May 2013
It is a good sturdy feeder for birds. It is long though, have to hang it somewhere high, but good product.

Underfire: The Dramatic Life of a London Fireman
Underfire: The Dramatic Life of a London Fireman
by Ray Chilton

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Loved it!, 27 April 2013
I bought this book for a friend who is in the fire service, but had a read myself before I gave it to him. It is wonderful, touching, heart-breaking and so many other things all at once. A real guy doing a real job - I am full of respect for ALL fire-fighters now. THANK YOU RAY!

Motionperformance Essentials - ROTATING REVOLVING CAR PADDED SWIVEL SEAT MOBILITY AID
Offered by Easier To

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Work in ALL Cars!, 27 April 2013
Bought this to discover that if your seats have a curved edge/sides at all the cushion won't turn. The picture shows it on a seat with curved edges, but when a person sits on the cushion in bends and doesn't turn. Useless for purpose, so sent back for refund. Cost me £8 cheapest to return, so not too happy.

Rio Rapid Heel Foot Smoother Electric File
Rio Rapid Heel Foot Smoother Electric File

5.0 out of 5 stars Embarrasingly needed!, 6 April 2013
Oh I am ashamed to say I needed this and have filed off loads of dead skin. It works a treat and is not complicated. There is also a slip of paper in with the unit that helps you order spare tips if needed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17