Profile for lizzie > Reviews

Content by lizzie

lizzie (north of north)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Belkin Express Charge and Sync Desktop Lightning Dock for iPad Air, 4th Gen, iPad Mini, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6 Plus and iPod Touch (MFI Approved)

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly, not for me, 14 Nov. 2013
I was hoping that my Ipad Air and ultra thin case would fit in this, as it said you could scroll the height of the connector to fit. Well, yes, you can scroll the height of the connector but the problem is that the lightning connector is in a base that is the same size as the old 30 pin connector and the whole thing moves up and down, not just the lightning connector itself. So, with the case on it won't work. OK I admit it, I am lazy and want to charge and dock my devices without having to take the cases off each time. The Belkin dock does say on the box, "for best results remove case to dock." My search continues.

Inflatable Globe
Inflatable Globe
Offered by The Jokeshop

2.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 24 Sept. 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
OK it was cheap. That's all I can say about it. It was blown up, but the stopper kept coming out and it constantly deflated. Useless.

Kipling  Bagsational Women's Shoulder Bag Port Red (Size: 39x35x16 cm)
Kipling Bagsational Women's Shoulder Bag Port Red (Size: 39x35x16 cm)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Bag, But..., 18 Sept. 2013
I like the style of this bag, I like the size of it. It can fit all my stuff, including Kindle and IPad. But I didn't like the colour. I got the port red colour, the picture showed it looking like a lovely deep ruby red. In reality it is a deep purple/red and I don't care for it.

Hunter Balmoral Stripe Men's Socks Burgundy X-Large
Hunter Balmoral Stripe Men's Socks Burgundy X-Large

3.0 out of 5 stars Be Aware!, 18 Sept. 2013
There is nothing wrong with these socks, in fact they seem very nice, well made and great colours. BUT the Amazon sizing info in incorrect. XL, according to sizing info, is for shoe size 9-11. The info with the socks says XL is for size 12-14. Therefore, too big, so had to return.

Motorola MBP16 Digital Audio Monitor with LCD Display
Motorola MBP16 Digital Audio Monitor with LCD Display

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough, 10 Sept. 2013
Great sound pick up, great price, great features. Too bad it suddenly cuts out. Too bad it's just about impossible to turn it off and on.

simplehuman Toilet brush and holder White
simplehuman Toilet brush and holder White

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice..., 30 July 2013
Well, it looks nice and the brush is a different shape and works well. I don't know that it's well made, as the unit itself seems flimsy and the bit that comes forward doesn't seem to fit terribly well.

Vax Steam Mop - S2S-1 Bare Floor Pro With Detergent
Vax Steam Mop - S2S-1 Bare Floor Pro With Detergent

2.0 out of 5 stars Just Don't Get It?, 29 July 2013
I just don't see what all the hype is, thankfully I bought a refurbished one and didn't pay full price. I cannot fault the seller or Amazon in any way, they were great. I found the mop quick to heat up, but even using continuous steam - which they say not to do in the instructions - I barely got a damp floor. It doesn't pick up anything, just moves it around, so you have to sweep or hoover the floor first. I found it heavy to push back and forth and the Velcro pad kept coming off. I am not impressed.

Betron Pop Up Portable Mini Travel II Capsule Rechargeable 40mm Speaker For Iphone, iPod, Ipad, Tablets and MP3 Players (Wired, Black)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 26 July 2013
Sorry, but this just didn't do it for me. The cable was so short you have to put it right next to the phone and it wasn't very loud at all. Speaker on the phone was louder.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2013 10:12 PM BST

Bosch TWK8633 Styline Collection  1.5 Litre Cordless Jug Kettle, Black
Bosch TWK8633 Styline Collection 1.5 Litre Cordless Jug Kettle, Black
Offered by Executivez

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh My!, 2 July 2013
Am I trendy or what? Just saw this same model on Coronation Street. It's a lot bigger and chunkier than I expected, even though it is only 1.5lts. It is about average in noise for a kettle, I wish it would cut off a little bit sooner when it boils, but is pretty rapid. The beep is not needed and is irritating. I didn't realise exactly how loud it is until I heard it from way down the end of the garden. Wish there was a choice to have it on or off. I dithered between this model and the newer one and went for this because I thought it would be a bit lighter, as the electronics are in the separate base not on the kettle. Does make a good cup of tea, has a good grip handle and is cool to the touch, the excess cord stores under the unit. The keep warm function is good, though it only stays on until you pick up the kettle. So, if I boil it, do keep warm, and pick it up to use it will then shut off, so doesn't stay on keep warm for another cup. Bought mine as "used - like new" and it was. Would I pay full price for it? Probably not, it's just a kettle even though it has been on Corrie.
Update: the noise when it's on and the beeps to start and finish are getting on my nerves.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2013 6:10 AM BST

Skagen Ladies White Ceramic Watch 816XSWXC1 with Crystal Accented White Dial
Skagen Ladies White Ceramic Watch 816XSWXC1 with Crystal Accented White Dial

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, 18 May 2013
I love Skagen watches and have a couple of them. I wanted a white ceramic one and saw this on the Warehouse Deals page. Less than half the rrp, I thought I would give it a try even though it said there was a scratch on the case. It arrived and looks like brand new. I can't find a scratch anywhere. Lovely! Not huge and clunky, but clear enough to read. Would especially suit a small/petite person's wrist in face size. But it is very long, which is exactly what I need, but a smaller person would have to have a number of links taken out. For me, perfect!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16