Profile for lizzie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Clickfree CA3D20-6CBK2-G1Z 2TB C6 USB 3.0 3.5 Inch Desktop Backup Drive
Clickfree CA3D20-6CBK2-G1Z 2TB C6 USB 3.0 3.5 Inch Desktop Backup Drive

2.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, sort of...if you're lucky, 17 Nov. 2013
This is my second Clickfree, the first being a 500gb portable one. The desktop unit is large, heavy, but is easy to plug in and get set up. The box does contain instructions for Windows 8 as well as older operating systems. I had no trouble setting up and running the first backup. I bought the C6 because I wanted to backup my whole system rather than just the files, which my old one did. I don't have a huge amount of stuff on my computer, but the first backup took almost 18 hours. OK, I started it off around 6pm and it finished the next day after 10am, and it wasn't an inconvenience. Since then, I have used the scheduler to have daily backups done when my computer is on. I have tried, but it will not automatically back up. When I manually backup it can take an hour and a half and that is, according to the space info, with less than 25% of the 2TB space taken. I have emailed Clickfree and have had no response. So, it does the job; is much slower than my old one, will not backup itself, but it has backed up the whole computer and has better rescue options than the old one.
Update: I decided to return this for a replacement, to see if the slowness and lack of scheduling was a fault. Amazon were very prompt and sent out a replacement, great service. Unfortunately, this one was even worse! It would not load, when it finally did after many tries it would try to update and then get a "programme not responding". It would sometimes show both device and storage, sometimes not. Would not launch itself, but had to be manually tried and I could never get it past the start page. It would stick on Loading for 10 minutes and then just stop. If it took more than 2 hours to get it to the start page I am reluctant to do the backup. It's going back, I suppose if I were more technically minded I could sort it out, but that's not the point of the whole thing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2014 3:21 AM GMT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Ooh, toasty!, 16 Nov. 2013
Lovely and warm, great colours,. Only niggle is that the suggested size was too large. That Said, I would purchase again.

Twelve South HiRise Adjustable Desktop Stand for iPhone 6/6 Plus/5/5S/iPad Mini
Twelve South HiRise Adjustable Desktop Stand for iPhone 6/6 Plus/5/5S/iPad Mini
Offered by Pinacial

3.0 out of 5 stars High Hopes for HiRise, 16 Nov. 2013
Sadly, didn't work for me. Very fiddley to put together with small screws and angled bits you almost need three hands. I couldn't get the bottom cap to stay on, my Apple 2m cable was too thick for the connector holes, wobbly if you want to use it for more than one device, as the back support needs to be moved. Returned.

Belkin Express Charge and Sync Desktop Lightning Dock for iPad Air, 4th Gen, iPad Mini, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6 Plus and iPod Touch (MFI Approved)

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly, not for me, 14 Nov. 2013
I was hoping that my Ipad Air and ultra thin case would fit in this, as it said you could scroll the height of the connector to fit. Well, yes, you can scroll the height of the connector but the problem is that the lightning connector is in a base that is the same size as the old 30 pin connector and the whole thing moves up and down, not just the lightning connector itself. So, with the case on it won't work. OK I admit it, I am lazy and want to charge and dock my devices without having to take the cases off each time. The Belkin dock does say on the box, "for best results remove case to dock." My search continues.

Inflatable Globe
Inflatable Globe
Offered by BUDGET SHOP LTD

2.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 24 Sept. 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
OK it was cheap. That's all I can say about it. It was blown up, but the stopper kept coming out and it constantly deflated. Useless.

Kipling  Bagsational Women's Shoulder Bag Port Red (Size: 39x35x16 cm)
Kipling Bagsational Women's Shoulder Bag Port Red (Size: 39x35x16 cm)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Bag, But..., 18 Sept. 2013
I like the style of this bag, I like the size of it. It can fit all my stuff, including Kindle and IPad. But I didn't like the colour. I got the port red colour, the picture showed it looking like a lovely deep ruby red. In reality it is a deep purple/red and I don't care for it.

Hunter Balmoral Stripe Men's Socks Burgundy X-Large
Hunter Balmoral Stripe Men's Socks Burgundy X-Large

3.0 out of 5 stars Be Aware!, 18 Sept. 2013
There is nothing wrong with these socks, in fact they seem very nice, well made and great colours. BUT the Amazon sizing info in incorrect. XL, according to sizing info, is for shoe size 9-11. The info with the socks says XL is for size 12-14. Therefore, too big, so had to return.

Motorola MBP16 Digital Audio Monitor with LCD Display
Motorola MBP16 Digital Audio Monitor with LCD Display
Offered by BabySecurity

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough, 10 Sept. 2013
Great sound pick up, great price, great features. Too bad it suddenly cuts out. Too bad it's just about impossible to turn it off and on.

simplehuman Toilet brush and holder White
simplehuman Toilet brush and holder White

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice..., 30 July 2013
Well, it looks nice and the brush is a different shape and works well. I don't know that it's well made, as the unit itself seems flimsy and the bit that comes forward doesn't seem to fit terribly well.

Vax Steam Mop - S2S-1 Bare Floor Pro With Detergent
Vax Steam Mop - S2S-1 Bare Floor Pro With Detergent

2.0 out of 5 stars Just Don't Get It?, 29 July 2013
I just don't see what all the hype is, thankfully I bought a refurbished one and didn't pay full price. I cannot fault the seller or Amazon in any way, they were great. I found the mop quick to heat up, but even using continuous steam - which they say not to do in the instructions - I barely got a damp floor. It doesn't pick up anything, just moves it around, so you have to sweep or hoover the floor first. I found it heavy to push back and forth and the Velcro pad kept coming off. I am not impressed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17