Profile for lizzie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Percussion Plus 10 inch Tunable Drum
Percussion Plus 10 inch Tunable Drum

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a drum..., 18 Jan 2013
Great sound, excellent buy, fast delivery. Hammer supplied along with tuning key. Does what it's supposed to do. What more can you ask?

Cuisinart ICE30 ice cream maker
Cuisinart ICE30 ice cream maker

4.0 out of 5 stars Ear plugs needed!, 18 Jan 2013
This ice cream maker does make lovely ice cream. The thing I particularly like is the large opening to pour the mix and other bits in. I found the recipes ok, but have too much sugar for my taste, and the machine times are a bit off, all the ice cream I have made took about 30-35 minutes, not the 20-25 suggested in some recipes. The difference with this machine from others I have had is that the stirring arm does not move, the freezer bowl rotates. The big thing about this machine though is the noise! Don't stand next to it and try to have a conversation. I could hear this working at the other end of the house even with the doors closed. Ear plugs needed, but ice cream is yummy!

Les Misérables: Highlights From The Motion Picture Soundtrack
Les Misérables: Highlights From The Motion Picture Soundtrack

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought, but not the best, 12 Jan 2013
I have been a Les Miz fan for 26 years and I welcome this film version of the musical. The interpretation is different and that is down to the fresh eyes of a new director. Bravo! The business of films unfortunately means that to get bums on seats big names must be employed. For the most part this is OK in this film, but as this highlights soundtrack shows, the music suffers. In the old days Hollywood would bring in someone who could sing to dub the big star, but not today. The acting is brilliant. The singing is OK, different but OK and this highlights soundtrack too is OK. Thank God for the west end folks who are propping up the bigger numbers. Russell Crowe, Sacha Baron Cohen and Helenna Bonham Carter were good and are great actors, but not great singers. This isn't essential for the Thenardiers, but in my opinion it is for Javert. Go see the film, buy this highlights soundtrack - even though it has no Do You Hear the People Sing till the very end - and enjoy it, it is a worthy effort!

DELL U2412M - Dell UltraSharp U2412M - 24'' LED Monitor 8ms 1920x1200dpi D-Sub DVI-D USB
Offered by PCbuyIT Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could be better, 31 Dec 2012
I bought this after looking around for a while. 24" is a good size for desktop work, I personally think 27" is too big if you are sitting a couple of feet away from it. The matte finish is non glare and that hasn't bothered me. What I wasn't expecting was that the black frame around the screen was matte too. Great, it shows less dust and fingerprints! Colours seem good, resolution great. 2 negative niggles from me: 1- no hdmi port. I discovered that my Dell tower doesn't have a DVI-D, so I am on VGA. And 2- it is a true monitor, so there are no speakers. There is also no headphone jack to plug in other speakers. You have to buy Dell's soundbar, which has a headphone jack in it. OK, but it adds to the cost and I didn't see this mentioned anywhere.

Downton Abbey: A Journey to the Highlands (Christmas Special 2012) [DVD]
Downton Abbey: A Journey to the Highlands (Christmas Special 2012) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hugh Bonneville

3.0 out of 5 stars Ummm, a Christmas Special?, 27 Dec 2012
I am a Downton fan, I must admit. I have watched and enjoyed all of the previous episodes, found the writing witty and the characters interesting. This "Christmas Special" makes me feel that it was written by someone else, as it had little or none of the characteristics of previous shows. Where were Violet's one liners? Where was a story? What was the point? The scenery was very nice, being in Scotland, but it was about the best part of the whole thing. The DVD is good, as always, the quality is fine, but this will not be a memorable episode for me. Last year's Christmas special was terrific, this one seemed like a show that was setting up events for a future series and therefore had little of interest in it. And the ending was a real letdown. I realise Julian Fellowes had little choice, but it had none of the pathos of episode 5 in series 3. Once watched soon forgotten this one.

Canon PIXMA MG5450 All-In-One Colour Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Wi-Fi, Touch control and Air Print)
Offered by Refillexpress UK SAMEDAY DESPATCH

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but Ouch!, 14 Dec 2012
This printer replaces another Canon which died after years of service. I am delighted in the size of it and it does all things well. I am especially delighted that it will wirelessly print from the computer, iPad or iPhone. The ouch is that at the moment the only ink you can get is Canon ink, no cheaper versions, as it is a new model and takes 550/551 cartridges which don't fit other machines. With cashback it's a great deal, about £60 for a great printer...until you figure in that a set of cartridges costs between £50-60. I'm hoping for cheaper ink compatables soon! My other little niggle with it is that it prints the last page first, I assume so when you are finished you have a document in the right order. But sometimes I don't need all of the pages and stop the print before the end, so it is a waste of ink and paper to do it this way.

UPdate: my niggle on the price of ink is increasing. I have had the printer 3 months, it cost (with cashback) £60. I have now replaced all the inks with XL versions (£65) in hopes that they will last longer. The black everyday (550) cartrige has been replaced twice already. £60 3 or 4 times a year doesn't make this as good a printer as I had hoped for, though it prints very well. I use it on fast to save on ink and the quiet mode is great. It does take a long time to print the first copy though!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2013 10:58 PM BST

Marathon Kensington Stripe 5 Pair Pack Men's Socks
Marathon Kensington Stripe 5 Pair Pack Men's Socks

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice enough, 1 Dec 2012
Bought these in the Black Friday sale, they are OK for £10, but would be totally overpriced at the usual Amazon price. 5 pairs, ok everyday socks, but nothing special.

Snugg iPhone 5 / 5S Ultra Thin Case With Lifetime Guranatee - Ultra Slim Profile, Non Slip, Protective and Soft to touch for Apple iPhone 5 / 5S (Black)
Offered by TheSnugg

3.0 out of 5 stars Snugg?, 30 Nov 2012
Love the look of the case, love the feel, but it isn't very snugg to me, slips on and off too easily and I am afraid it will fall off. Maybe that's the way it's supposed to be, but I am wary of it.

Aurora 13-inch Nature Babies Minty Soft Toy
Aurora 13-inch Nature Babies Minty Soft Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Ooh....how cute!, 27 Nov 2012
This little lamb is soon cute! It's lovely and soft too. A bit smaller than I expected, but still works well.

Ice-Watch Unisex Winter Deep Red Analogue Watch SW.DR.U.S with Silicone Strap
Ice-Watch Unisex Winter Deep Red Analogue Watch SW.DR.U.S with Silicone Strap

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price, 27 Nov 2012
I like this watch, it's casual, it's chunky, it's fun. Only 4 stars because I have a large wrist-8 inch and I am on the last hole on the strap. If it' s unisex it's for a man with a fairly thin wrist. Worth the £20 I paid, but I'm just not trendy enough to pay £70+. Love the colour too, not bright red.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13