Profile for lizzie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
RSPB 27-inch Premium Easy Clean Bird Feeder
RSPB 27-inch Premium Easy Clean Bird Feeder

5.0 out of 5 stars It Is What It Is, 10 May 2013
It is a good sturdy feeder for birds. It is long though, have to hang it somewhere high, but good product.

Underfire: The Dramatic Life of a London Fireman
Underfire: The Dramatic Life of a London Fireman
by Ray Chilton

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Loved it!, 27 April 2013
I bought this book for a friend who is in the fire service, but had a read myself before I gave it to him. It is wonderful, touching, heart-breaking and so many other things all at once. A real guy doing a real job - I am full of respect for ALL fire-fighters now. THANK YOU RAY!

Motionperformance Essentials - ROTATING REVOLVING CAR PADDED SWIVEL SEAT MOBILITY AID
Offered by Millenniumtrade2000

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Work in ALL Cars!, 27 April 2013
Bought this to discover that if your seats have a curved edge/sides at all the cushion won't turn. The picture shows it on a seat with curved edges, but when a person sits on the cushion in bends and doesn't turn. Useless for purpose, so sent back for refund. Cost me £8 cheapest to return, so not too happy.

Rio Rapid Heel Foot Smoother Electric File
Rio Rapid Heel Foot Smoother Electric File

5.0 out of 5 stars Embarrasingly needed!, 6 April 2013
Oh I am ashamed to say I needed this and have filed off loads of dead skin. It works a treat and is not complicated. There is also a slip of paper in with the unit that helps you order spare tips if needed.

Whirlpool Max Microwave with Steam Function - White
Whirlpool Max Microwave with Steam Function - White

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little machine, 6 April 2013
I got rid of my big, combination microwave for space reasons and that I never used the combi features. Just a plain old heat and eat type. It's a bit pricey for its size and features, but I wanted space saving, more because I hate the look of gadgets cluttering up the countertops. This does have form, the style is nice, clean and small. It would not do for a family, but for 1 or 2, it's great. It is designed to fit in corners and it does. But it is not designed to work in corners, as the instructions say it needs 30cm above and room around sides and back for ventilation. So that means you have to pull it out of the corner to use it or not have it totally in the corner. No biggie really, though it might be to some. The cord is not adjustable and is short, so it needs to be within about 2 feet of an outlet. It is a lower wattage than most these days, a cat. C, 700 watts. But when looking at cooking instructions that only meant another 30 seconds or so of cooking time. I think I can wait that long. It is true the controls are fiddly, not in the sense of complicated, just the touch doesn't always work and it does work better with a thumb than a finger for some strange reason. I really wondered if I had made a mistake with this, but I am getting used to it and it does all I need a microwave to do. If you do lots of cooking or want to put tall things in it or are cooking for a family buy another model. If you want to heat up ready meals or leftovers and steam some veg for 2 people, great! I got the white and a very minor point - in the picture it looks like there is a white line going across the front about a fifth of the way up the unit. Mine has no line and it looks like a solid black front.
UPDATE: after about a month's use I had a problem with the control panel, where the plastic bubbled up...now I feel sooo stupid, it was a plastic covering that was supposed to come off when unpacked. Was fit on so cleanly that I didn't know it was there. I apologise to Amazon for being so dim.
UPDATE: a year on it it now makes lots on noise, rattles and has a strange habit of turning itself on for a second when the door closes. Overpriced for the design, but doesn't last.

Cathedral Drywipe Magnetic Pen with Eraser - Black
Cathedral Drywipe Magnetic Pen with Eraser - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, almost!, 1 April 2013
Love it and it goes perfectly with my drywipe board and love the fact that it is magnetic so I always know where it is, only wish it was a bit bigger!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm Just Not Sure, 1 April 2013
Well, I bought this to go with my Karcher Window Vac, as did most other folks. I tried and liked the concentrate that came with the vac, easy to use and a pleasant smell. The bottle of concentrate I received perplexes me a bit, it is not the same bottle shape as in the picture description. The liquid is not yellow in colour, but clear and the smell is very different from the sample concentrate. It also foamed a lot in the bottle, which the sample did not, and foamed on the windows, which the other did not. I would wonder if this was a fake, but it doesn't seem that anyone else has this experience, so it must just be me and my expectations.

A Miner's Song
A Miner's Song

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Song, Great Cause, 20 Mar 2013
This review is from: A Miner's Song (MP3 Download)
This is a beautiful song, both tune and lyrics. It was put together using lots of performers by Dan and Laura Curtis. The cause is so important, BUY IT! Only wish Amazon was selling the longer album (of 5 songs) rather than the single.

Sigel GL101 Magnetic glass board artverum, white, 12 x 78 cm
Sigel GL101 Magnetic glass board artverum, white, 12 x 78 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 12 Mar 2013
Long and slim this comes with all the fixings to mount on the wall. The only thing I would have liked is a pen to go with it, had to buy a magnetic one separately.

Kuhn Rikon Of Switzerland Household Scissors, Green
Kuhn Rikon Of Switzerland Household Scissors, Green
Offered by Cooks at Heart online

3.0 out of 5 stars Well it does the job, 12 Mar 2013
They're scissors, they cut so they do the job. I would say, however, that the handle shape wasn't very comfortable for me, but that might just be my large hands.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13