Profile for lizzie > Reviews

Vicious - Series 1 [DVD]
Vicious - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ian McKellen

5.0 out of 5 stars I think I get it..., 19 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Vicious - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I think Vicious is a superb piece of theatrical comedy and makes more sense when you watch the special interviews with the actors and writer included with the DVD. After listening to their thoughts it is even more enjoyable. Wonderful, hoping for a next season.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 19 Dec. 2013
Great pen! classy design, as the barrel pulls out in the middle and that extends the tip. Love the fact that my porous tips fit this. Great weight to it, well balanced and feels nice in the hand.

Cross Sauvage Onyx Lacquer and Zebra Pattern Rollerball - Black
Cross Sauvage Onyx Lacquer and Zebra Pattern Rollerball - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect!, 19 Dec. 2013
I love most things about this pen; the style, the weight, the ability to change the tips, the price, the screw cap. The only thing I find a niggle is that the cap doesn't cling on to the pen barrel when in use...like in the picture...it is loose and falls off. Other than that, perfect!

Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor - 50th Anniversary Special [DVD]
Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor - 50th Anniversary Special [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matt Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Hype?, 19 Dec. 2013
Was it worth the hype? I don't know...it was good, very good, but we had been hearing about it for so long expectations were off the scale. It was good because it explained some missing bits of storyline and it was well done. Being of a certain age, the best bit for me was the last few minutes when the "caretaker" arrived. Good special features, though I am REALLY disappointed that the best short film of the 50th, "The Five(ish) Doctors Rebooted" wasn't on the disc. It was terrific!

Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Acting (But Were Afraid To Ask, Dear)

5.0 out of 5 stars a Hit!, 21 Nov. 2013
I'm not a luvvie, but I loved this book! I thought it was very informative should I ever want to become an actor. I now have all the tips I need to become a West End star. All I am missing is talent, but according to WEP that may not be a deal breaker. Amazeballs, is all I can say, dear.

Twelve South BookArc Stand for iPad 2,3,4, iPad Air & iPad Mini
Twelve South BookArc Stand for iPad 2,3,4, iPad Air & iPad Mini

3.0 out of 5 stars A Lot for What?, 20 Nov. 2013
At nearly £35, this is a lot to pay for a piece of metal. OK, it was well packaged and looked very neat, but I found the silicone inserts fiddly to get in and out. And my iPad Air, with a case on it, just didn't fit either of the inserts. I could get it shoved in with one, but it was absolutely upright and not easy to read without a tilt. Like so many things I have tried, they work great if you don't have a case on the ipad.

Clickfree CA3D20-6CBK2-G1Z 2TB C6 USB 3.0 3.5 Inch Desktop Backup Drive
Clickfree CA3D20-6CBK2-G1Z 2TB C6 USB 3.0 3.5 Inch Desktop Backup Drive

2.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, sort of...if you're lucky, 17 Nov. 2013
This is my second Clickfree, the first being a 500gb portable one. The desktop unit is large, heavy, but is easy to plug in and get set up. The box does contain instructions for Windows 8 as well as older operating systems. I had no trouble setting up and running the first backup. I bought the C6 because I wanted to backup my whole system rather than just the files, which my old one did. I don't have a huge amount of stuff on my computer, but the first backup took almost 18 hours. OK, I started it off around 6pm and it finished the next day after 10am, and it wasn't an inconvenience. Since then, I have used the scheduler to have daily backups done when my computer is on. I have tried, but it will not automatically back up. When I manually backup it can take an hour and a half and that is, according to the space info, with less than 25% of the 2TB space taken. I have emailed Clickfree and have had no response. So, it does the job; is much slower than my old one, will not backup itself, but it has backed up the whole computer and has better rescue options than the old one.
Update: I decided to return this for a replacement, to see if the slowness and lack of scheduling was a fault. Amazon were very prompt and sent out a replacement, great service. Unfortunately, this one was even worse! It would not load, when it finally did after many tries it would try to update and then get a "programme not responding". It would sometimes show both device and storage, sometimes not. Would not launch itself, but had to be manually tried and I could never get it past the start page. It would stick on Loading for 10 minutes and then just stop. If it took more than 2 hours to get it to the start page I am reluctant to do the backup. It's going back, I suppose if I were more technically minded I could sort it out, but that's not the point of the whole thing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2014 3:21 AM GMT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Ooh, toasty!, 16 Nov. 2013
Lovely and warm, great colours,. Only niggle is that the suggested size was too large. That Said, I would purchase again.

Twelve South HiRise Adjustable Desktop Stand for iPhone 6/6 Plus/5/5S/iPad Mini
Twelve South HiRise Adjustable Desktop Stand for iPhone 6/6 Plus/5/5S/iPad Mini
Offered by Top-Tech-Outlet

3.0 out of 5 stars High Hopes for HiRise, 16 Nov. 2013
Sadly, didn't work for me. Very fiddley to put together with small screws and angled bits you almost need three hands. I couldn't get the bottom cap to stay on, my Apple 2m cable was too thick for the connector holes, wobbly if you want to use it for more than one device, as the back support needs to be moved. Returned.

Belkin Express Charge and Sync Desktop Lightning Dock for iPad Air, 4th Gen, iPad Mini, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6 Plus and iPod Touch (MFI Approved)
Offered by BESTBUYIT

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly, not for me, 14 Nov. 2013
I was hoping that my Ipad Air and ultra thin case would fit in this, as it said you could scroll the height of the connector to fit. Well, yes, you can scroll the height of the connector but the problem is that the lightning connector is in a base that is the same size as the old 30 pin connector and the whole thing moves up and down, not just the lightning connector itself. So, with the case on it won't work. OK I admit it, I am lazy and want to charge and dock my devices without having to take the cases off each time. The Belkin dock does say on the box, "for best results remove case to dock." My search continues.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14