Profile for lizzie > Reviews

Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor - 50th Anniversary Special [DVD]
Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor - 50th Anniversary Special [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matt Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Hype?, 19 Dec 2013
Was it worth the hype? I don't know...it was good, very good, but we had been hearing about it for so long expectations were off the scale. It was good because it explained some missing bits of storyline and it was well done. Being of a certain age, the best bit for me was the last few minutes when the "caretaker" arrived. Good special features, though I am REALLY disappointed that the best short film of the 50th, "The Five(ish) Doctors Rebooted" wasn't on the disc. It was terrific!

Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Acting (But Were Afraid To Ask, Dear)

5.0 out of 5 stars a Hit!, 21 Nov 2013
I'm not a luvvie, but I loved this book! I thought it was very informative should I ever want to become an actor. I now have all the tips I need to become a West End star. All I am missing is talent, but according to WEP that may not be a deal breaker. Amazeballs, is all I can say, dear.

Twelve South BookArc Stand for iPad 2,3,4, iPad Air & iPad Mini
Twelve South BookArc Stand for iPad 2,3,4, iPad Air & iPad Mini

3.0 out of 5 stars A Lot for What?, 20 Nov 2013
At nearly £35, this is a lot to pay for a piece of metal. OK, it was well packaged and looked very neat, but I found the silicone inserts fiddly to get in and out. And my iPad Air, with a case on it, just didn't fit either of the inserts. I could get it shoved in with one, but it was absolutely upright and not easy to read without a tilt. Like so many things I have tried, they work great if you don't have a case on the ipad.

Clickfree CA3D20-6CBK2-G1Z 2TB C6 USB 3.0 3.5 Inch Desktop Backup Drive
Clickfree CA3D20-6CBK2-G1Z 2TB C6 USB 3.0 3.5 Inch Desktop Backup Drive

2.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, sort of...if you're lucky, 17 Nov 2013
This is my second Clickfree, the first being a 500gb portable one. The desktop unit is large, heavy, but is easy to plug in and get set up. The box does contain instructions for Windows 8 as well as older operating systems. I had no trouble setting up and running the first backup. I bought the C6 because I wanted to backup my whole system rather than just the files, which my old one did. I don't have a huge amount of stuff on my computer, but the first backup took almost 18 hours. OK, I started it off around 6pm and it finished the next day after 10am, and it wasn't an inconvenience. Since then, I have used the scheduler to have daily backups done when my computer is on. I have tried, but it will not automatically back up. When I manually backup it can take an hour and a half and that is, according to the space info, with less than 25% of the 2TB space taken. I have emailed Clickfree and have had no response. So, it does the job; is much slower than my old one, will not backup itself, but it has backed up the whole computer and has better rescue options than the old one.
Update: I decided to return this for a replacement, to see if the slowness and lack of scheduling was a fault. Amazon were very prompt and sent out a replacement, great service. Unfortunately, this one was even worse! It would not load, when it finally did after many tries it would try to update and then get a "programme not responding". It would sometimes show both device and storage, sometimes not. Would not launch itself, but had to be manually tried and I could never get it past the start page. It would stick on Loading for 10 minutes and then just stop. If it took more than 2 hours to get it to the start page I am reluctant to do the backup. It's going back, I suppose if I were more technically minded I could sort it out, but that's not the point of the whole thing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2014 3:21 AM GMT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Ooh, toasty!, 16 Nov 2013
Lovely and warm, great colours,. Only niggle is that the suggested size was too large. That Said, I would purchase again.

Twelve South HiRise for iPhone 5 & 5s, iPad mini with Adjustable Desktop Stand
Twelve South HiRise for iPhone 5 & 5s, iPad mini with Adjustable Desktop Stand
Offered by nVOOD:Store - everything available immediately

3.0 out of 5 stars High Hopes for HiRise, 16 Nov 2013
Sadly, didn't work for me. Very fiddley to put together with small screws and angled bits you almost need three hands. I couldn't get the bottom cap to stay on, my Apple 2m cable was too thick for the connector holes, wobbly if you want to use it for more than one device, as the back support needs to be moved. Returned.

Belkin Express Charge and Sync Desktop Lightning Dock for iPad Air, 4th Gen, iPad Mini, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 5, 5s, 5c and iPod Touch (MFI Approved)

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly, not for me, 14 Nov 2013
I was hoping that my Ipad Air and ultra thin case would fit in this, as it said you could scroll the height of the connector to fit. Well, yes, you can scroll the height of the connector but the problem is that the lightning connector is in a base that is the same size as the old 30 pin connector and the whole thing moves up and down, not just the lightning connector itself. So, with the case on it won't work. OK I admit it, I am lazy and want to charge and dock my devices without having to take the cases off each time. The Belkin dock does say on the box, "for best results remove case to dock." My search continues.

Inflatable World Globe
Inflatable World Globe
Offered by BargainShop_London

2.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 24 Sep 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
OK it was cheap. That's all I can say about it. It was blown up, but the stopper kept coming out and it constantly deflated. Useless.

Kipling  Bagsational Women's Shoulder Bag Port Red (Size: 39x35x16 cm)
Kipling Bagsational Women's Shoulder Bag Port Red (Size: 39x35x16 cm)
Offered by The Necessity

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Bag, But..., 18 Sep 2013
I like the style of this bag, I like the size of it. It can fit all my stuff, including Kindle and IPad. But I didn't like the colour. I got the port red colour, the picture showed it looking like a lovely deep ruby red. In reality it is a deep purple/red and I don't care for it.

Hunter Balmoral Stripe Men's Socks Burgundy X-Large
Hunter Balmoral Stripe Men's Socks Burgundy X-Large
Offered by George and Freddie

3.0 out of 5 stars Be Aware!, 18 Sep 2013
There is nothing wrong with these socks, in fact they seem very nice, well made and great colours. BUT the Amazon sizing info in incorrect. XL, according to sizing info, is for shoe size 9-11. The info with the socks says XL is for size 12-14. Therefore, too big, so had to return.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13