Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Voyage Shop Now Shop now
Profile for lizzie > Reviews

Content by lizzie

lizzie (north of north)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Lakeland Electric Compact Mini Oven (18 Litre) & Baking Trays Included 1300W
Lakeland Electric Compact Mini Oven (18 Litre) & Baking Trays Included 1300W
Offered by Lakeland

3.0 out of 5 stars Flawed, 5 Nov. 2014
Going on reviews here and on Lakeland's site, I ordered this. It arrived today and so far I am not as impressed as I should be. Impressions out of the box. I wonder whether I received a return, as when I opened it there were fingerprints on it and those marks on chrome/stainless that you get when it has been wiped. OK, that's picky. My two major concerns are: 1. the power lead is too short (71cm/28ins. at full stretch) and is at the back but on the side rather than the middle of the machine. 2. when plugged in and the wall switch turned on it hums - and fairly loudly. I contacted Lakeland and they are aware of this, simply saying that customers should switch it off at the wall when not in use if they don't want the noise. The oven is also pretty light weight and has plastic feet, therefore it slides around on the countertop. I sent it back for a replacement as after trying it out and contacting Lakeland it was deemed faulty. Credit to Lakeland, they were on it and I got a replacement and collection of the old one very quickly. The second one is quieter than the first and doesn't burn oven safe plastic, but it also doesn't get up to temperature easily.
Update: the 2nd one popped and fused the electrics. 3rd one made so that shelf couldn't move in and out, door didn't close properly. 4th one had steam escaping from the door frame and condensation running down the front. I have now given up.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2015 9:19 AM BST

Umbra Luna Nine-Opening Collage Frame/Wall Decor, White
Umbra Luna Nine-Opening Collage Frame/Wall Decor, White

3.0 out of 5 stars I like it, sort of, 28 Oct. 2014
I like it, sort of. It's large. It's white. It's not too heavy. It can be oriented as you wish so portrait and landscape pictures can be mixed. I am pretty sure the frames are covered with plastic, it felt like it, probably to reduce the weight. The one thing I found I didn't like about it, apart from the price, is that due to it's being 2 1/2 inches deep the pictures can be in shadow and hard to see unless the lighting is bright and full in the room. I bought this for an elderly person to have in their care home room, just too much shadow for them to see the pictures well.

Skippy Extra Crunchy Super Crunch Peanut Butter 1.13Kg
Skippy Extra Crunchy Super Crunch Peanut Butter 1.13Kg
Offered by REMI DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars YUM!, 28 Oct. 2014
The best PB on the market and the best price!

Clickfree CA3A10-2CBK9-F1S 1TB C2 USB 3.0 2.5 Inch Portable Backup Drive
Clickfree CA3A10-2CBK9-F1S 1TB C2 USB 3.0 2.5 Inch Portable Backup Drive
Offered by MemoryC

4.0 out of 5 stars The C2 works fine, it's fast and easy, 28 Oct. 2014
Have had Clickfree before, had to get a larger storage capacity. I have no idea why, but I tried a C6 because I wanted to backup my whole computer and it wouldn't work. The C2 works fine, it's fast and easy. Unfortunately, I paid a lot more for it as Amazon has lowered the price.

Fellowes I-Spire Series Tablet Lift
Fellowes I-Spire Series Tablet Lift

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! Will sit at either portrait or landscape mode, 28 Oct. 2014
Excellent! Will sit at either portrait or landscape mode, lifted up so wire for charging can be threaded in. Best of all, it is wide enough to fit the iPad WITH the case on!

Proteam Ho1940 Bird Sound Wall Clock
Proteam Ho1940 Bird Sound Wall Clock
Offered by The Magic Toy Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Size is nice, colour of frame in light wood ok, 28 Oct. 2014
It's OK in many areas. Size is nice, colour of frame in light wood ok. Nice price, as I have seen the same clock for 3 times the price. I think I must be the only person, but mine stops for "slumber" mode after it's 9pm call and then "wakes" at 5am with a loud song thrush! That's the other thing, these calls are loud and the volume cannot be changed. Wakes the whole house at 5am, not good.

Cole Porter in Hollywood
Cole Porter in Hollywood
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Hit!, 7 Oct. 2014
Love all the JWO stuff, this is no exception!

Colourworks Side Plate Pk4
Colourworks Side Plate Pk4
Offered by THE COOKSHOP

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but check the size, 6 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Colourworks Side Plate Pk4
A bit thin and flimsy. These "side" plates are 23cm, exactly the same as the "salad" plates. I was looking for something smaller.

A4 Security box black
A4 Security box black

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a box, 26 July 2014
Excellent, does the job.

Twootz Un-Netted Mealworm Fat Balls 12.75kg equivalent to approx 150 Fatballs
Twootz Un-Netted Mealworm Fat Balls 12.75kg equivalent to approx 150 Fatballs
Offered by Garden_Wildlife_Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff for birds, 26 July 2014
Birds love these, a bit crumbly, but ok. Love that they are un-netted.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17