Profile for lizzie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
ButterFox Carry-All Case/Bag for Bose Soundlink Mini Bluetooth Speaker
ButterFox Carry-All Case/Bag for Bose Soundlink Mini Bluetooth Speaker
Offered by BROXY

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect if you want to keep it all in one place!, 20 Mar. 2015
Excellent! Fit my new Soundlink and most importantly the charger, mains lead and UK plug. Even it in the instruction booklet, all in one place. It's small too!

Bose ® SoundLink ® Mini Bluetooth Speaker - Silver
Bose ® SoundLink ® Mini Bluetooth Speaker - Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit!, 20 Mar. 2015
Excellent product, fantastic sound quality. Fast charging and so compact! I did not buy from Amazon though, as it is cheaper elsewhere (£30 less is a big difference!)

Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Quick Touch Microwave, 1100 Watt
Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Quick Touch Microwave, 1100 Watt

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Microwave, 27 Feb. 2015
I bought this from Warehouse Deals at a great price, with no damage just a bashed box. I really like this microwave, though I know some will not. It depends of what you want to use it for. This is NOT a combination microwave, like so many. It just microwaves, but does it very well. My one little niggle about it is that it is, I think, 1100 watts. Most ready meals give heating instructions for 750, 850 or 900 watts or category D,E etc., so it is a bit of guesswork to figure out how long it will take. The butter and bean settings are great. The IQ sensor settings work great too, if I remember to weigh the items. Compared to my last microwave, it is very quiet, but does give off a lot of condensation. Not too huge and looks great in brushed steel. But honestly, would I pay full price? No.

Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Kinetix Control Blender, 1.5 Litre, 1200 Watt
Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Kinetix Control Blender, 1.5 Litre, 1200 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best!, 27 Feb. 2015
Got this from Warehouse Deals at a great price, no faults or marks just a bashed box. The blender itself is heavy, chunky and powerful. The jug is made of very heavy plastic, marked BPA free. I use it mainly for smoothies and I admit for a green one I first put it on the smoothie setting and then puree for about a minute. I was finding that smoothie alone didn't break down the green veg enough for me. Oddly, though it has No problem with frozen fruit or ice it does seem to have a problem with pitted dates. They are the only things I have found that don't purée. Strange! Very easy to clean. Love it, but would I pay full price? Honestly, probably not.

Heilemann Milk Chocolate Tool Set 100 g
Heilemann Milk Chocolate Tool Set 100 g

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste, 15 Dec. 2014
Great idea, but chocolates arrived broken and are not returnable.

Bodum Bistro 1.4/2.8 L Mixing Bowls, Red
Bodum Bistro 1.4/2.8 L Mixing Bowls, Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but would I pay full price?, 29 Nov. 2014
They are red. They are hard plastic with little knobs on the bottom third. They are very tippy, they have some sort of rubberise coating on the bottom third and on the handle. The base is small and therefore the bowl wobbles and needs the little knobs to stop it tipping over completely. Not flimsy, but would have preferred a bottom that was more stable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2014 10:06 AM GMT

Dualit 89200 Mini Oven, Chrome
Dualit 89200 Mini Oven, Chrome

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but, 14 Nov. 2014
A+ for Warehouse Deals, fast delivery and in perfect condition.
The oven itself looks great. Dials for temperature, time and function are basic, but most stuff would work fine. It is quiet, even with the fan running. A bit of concern I have with it is that my socket is on the left of where the machine has to go and the power cable is on the back right. This means that the lead has to go along or under the unit at the back and it gets quite warm from the heat of the oven when on. I hope it won't melt the lead. The main problem I have with it is the temperature. Set at 230, it managed 200. The top light was going off even though it wasn't up to temperature. Tried the fan oven, set at 180' it got up to 160 after a good 15 minutes.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Drat! Why didn't I think of that?, 5 Nov. 2014
This is one of those products that is so simple and works you wish you had thought of it yourself. Bit pricey for what it is, though.

Lakeland Electric Compact Mini Oven (18 Litre) & Baking Trays Included 1300W
Lakeland Electric Compact Mini Oven (18 Litre) & Baking Trays Included 1300W
Offered by Lakeland

3.0 out of 5 stars Flawed, 5 Nov. 2014
Going on reviews here and on Lakeland's site, I ordered this. It arrived today and so far I am not as impressed as I should be. Impressions out of the box. I wonder whether I received a return, as when I opened it there were fingerprints on it and those marks on chrome/stainless that you get when it has been wiped. OK, that's picky. My two major concerns are: 1. the power lead is too short (71cm/28ins. at full stretch) and is at the back but on the side rather than the middle of the machine. 2. when plugged in and the wall switch turned on it hums - and fairly loudly. I contacted Lakeland and they are aware of this, simply saying that customers should switch it off at the wall when not in use if they don't want the noise. The oven is also pretty light weight and has plastic feet, therefore it slides around on the countertop. I sent it back for a replacement as after trying it out and contacting Lakeland it was deemed faulty. Credit to Lakeland, they were on it and I got a replacement and collection of the old one very quickly. The second one is quieter than the first and doesn't burn oven safe plastic, but it also doesn't get up to temperature easily.
Update: the 2nd one popped and fused the electrics. 3rd one made so that shelf couldn't move in and out, door didn't close properly. 4th one had steam escaping from the door frame and condensation running down the front. I have now given up.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2015 9:19 AM BST

Umbra Luna Photo/ Art Display, White
Umbra Luna Photo/ Art Display, White

3.0 out of 5 stars I like it, sort of, 28 Oct. 2014
I like it, sort of. It's large. It's white. It's not too heavy. It can be oriented as you wish so portrait and landscape pictures can be mixed. I am pretty sure the frames are covered with plastic, it felt like it, probably to reduce the weight. The one thing I found I didn't like about it, apart from the price, is that due to it's being 2 1/2 inches deep the pictures can be in shadow and hard to see unless the lighting is bright and full in the room. I bought this for an elderly person to have in their care home room, just too much shadow for them to see the pictures well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16