Profile for lizzie > Reviews

Unmasked
Unmasked
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Great songs, Great voice!, 16 April 2012
This review is from: Unmasked (Audio CD)
Having bought JOJ's second album and loving the selection I was ready for this new album. The vocals and arrangements are lovely, with some highlighting his wonderful voice with just accoustic guitar. The song selection is great because it isn't all from the shows. John's voice is terrific with wonderful tone and tremendous power - and what a range! Be sure to keep listening after the last song for a surprise...with a delightful Welsh accent! I hope, however, that his next album will get away from the West End a bit. With his fantastic voice he could sing so many different types of music brilliantly and I would love to hear more!

Love Never Dies [DVD]
Love Never Dies [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Lewis
Offered by MediaMine

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, could be worse, 23 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Love Never Dies [DVD] (DVD)
I have to admit that I didn't think this show was as bad as I thought it might be. Sequels are always dangerous because the audience has developed the characters themselves and are easily disappointed that the author's development of the story isn't what they would have done. The musical performances were very good, the costumes and dance and sound all good. I wish that there had been more wide shots so I could see the whole stage and more of the set, to get more of the feel of Coney Island. The music was more developed than Phantom and of a different style. It is interesting that the two big numbers, Love Never Dies and Till I Hear You Sing, as the romantic, lush pieces that filled POTO. The other music will not leave you humming, but it does stick in your brain in snatches. I admit that for me the big stumbling block was the whole premise of the child, which I found far fetched as a sequel, but that is my opinion on the characters. As a show it was good, but it isn't the mega musical that the original is and it will not run forever - but it would be nice to see it revived. As a DVD/BluRay it was well done and is a great opportunity for many, like me, who never got to see the show live to enjoy the experience.

Proporta Impact Protective Crystal Case Cover for 6G iPod classic (80GB / 120GB / 160GB) with Lifetime Warranty

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit confusing, but it works, 26 Feb. 2012
This case has a nice feel about it on the back and the front is clear so you can see the ipod. It snaps together so you know it is secure. There is no cover on the click wheel, but the edges are bevelled, so it has a nice feel. All the openings are in the right places. The confusing bit is that the package says it is for the Apple iPod Classic 2G. Nowhere is mentioned 6G or the 80/120/160gb in the listing here. I was reluctant to take it out of the packaging if it was wrong and the answer I got from the vendor was confusing, so I did just open it in the end and it fits my 7G iPod perfectly. The other little niggle is that I wish the back were a little bit more textured so it would be more non-slip. On the whole a good case!

iGadgitz Silicone Skin Case Cover with Screen Protector, Lanyard for Apple iPod Classic  80GB, 120GB & 160gb launched Sept 09 - Blue
iGadgitz Silicone Skin Case Cover with Screen Protector, Lanyard for Apple iPod Classic 80GB, 120GB & 160gb launched Sept 09 - Blue
Offered by iGadgitz

2.0 out of 5 stars I am picky, 24 Feb. 2012
I have been looking for a good case/skin for my IPod and have yet to find the perfect one. I like the idea that this is silicone, feels great and is non-slip. Why have a cover over the click-wheel and not the screen? Why have two open bits at the back? I know they are for putting on a belt, but if you're not doing that then you get two bits of the back of your IPod scratched. Why open at the bottom? OK you have to get the thing on somewhow, but the whole bottom being open again means scratches near the docking port. I accidentally ordered this and another that seemed similar, they were the same but one was £5 and the other £2. The £2 is more suitable.

Sonos PLAY:3 White - The Wireless Hi-Fi
Sonos PLAY:3 White - The Wireless Hi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted!, 1 Jan. 2012
I put off buying into this system because I was afraid my wireless wasn't good enough, bigish house with thick stone walls over 3 floors. I finally gave it a try with the Play 5 and Bridge. No problems! I discovered that while the system needs the broadband it forms its own network within the house. No droppages at all! I then added on a Play 3 in the kitchen, same great sound. Lastly, thanks to Amazon's Warehouse Deals, I added another Play 3 in my home office. This is so simple to connect and sync the music library. I signed up for Spotify as well and am amazed at the quality of sound and the ease of use. Even the Play 3 is a weighty piece of equipment, the build quality is super. I find the Ipad app works perfectly well controlling them all. What a discovery, I feel like I have jumped into the 21st century with all this tech! It's not cheap, but look around for things like Warehouse Deals, it helps. My only teeny niggle is that it is designed to be "always on". It's not the power consumption that bothers me much, it's minimal. I just don't keep things switched on when I'm not around. Just me being an old foggey I guess.

Sonos Wireless Music Controller 200
Sonos Wireless Music Controller 200

3.0 out of 5 stars Great potential, but flawed, 22 Dec. 2011
I received this with my new Sonos system and was very excited! It is very easy to set up and the touch screen and controls easy to work. Unfortunately, the unit I received would not charge, nor would it go into sleep mode. Sonos support was a great help, but couldn't solve the problem. I have sent it back and will use my Ipad app, it will give me time to expand my system and decide whether or not the Controller is really a "must have". I can see its potential, but it seems lots of people in the comments (rather than reviews) have had problems with it.

Philips Sonicare HX9332/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush White
Philips Sonicare HX9332/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush White

5.0 out of 5 stars I WAS going to send this back..., 28 Nov. 2011
I bought this in the Black Friday sale. I admit I thought about it and talked myself out of it after I pressed the button, after all even at the BF price it was alot for a toothbrush. TBH there is no way I would pay the regular price for this! I have had sonic toothbrushes before, but the cleanning on this one is the best I have had. I also loved the charger, a glass! It just sits in the glass and is charged. And a travel case is included, which also charges the unit, by USB! or a 2 pin shaver plug. You can also use an adaptor to charge from the mains, which is not included. At the start, for the first 14 bushes, it gradually ramps up the speed, which is great. The 5 speeds vary in time and the instruction book is great for those new to this. It IS pricey, I WAS going to send it back, BUT I just like it too much!

Joseph Joseph Elevate Spatula Set - 3 Piece
Joseph Joseph Elevate Spatula Set - 3 Piece

4.0 out of 5 stars Why didn't I think of that?, 28 Nov. 2011
Clever! A spatula with a built in rest so it doesn't muck up the countertop. Bought in the Black Friday sale and found they are great. A simple idea that works so well!

Oakley Dangerous Womens Sunglasses
Oakley Dangerous Womens Sunglasses

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 28 Nov. 2011
Got these in the Black Friday sale, didn't know anything about Oakley, but they are terrific! For the price of a Boots pair, these are substantial and beautifully designed. The come with a soft bag inside of a hard case, so are well protected. Comfortable on, too. Have looked them up on other sites and Amazon's usual price is a good one, so Black Friday was superb! Many thanks!

A Very Gaga Holiday
A Very Gaga Holiday

4.0 out of 5 stars A surprise!, 26 Nov. 2011
This review is from: A Very Gaga Holiday (MP3 Download)
It isn't much, only 4 songs, but I really liked it! I'm an "oldie", but I really wish Lady Gaga would sound like this more,with just a piano backing. I only gave 4 stars because I could do without all her talking between bits, but that's my opinion. The songs I liked very much, but then I am hopelessly out of touch with what is trendy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2011 12:42 PM GMT

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14