Profile for lizzie > Reviews

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14
Joseph Joseph Elevate Spatula Set - 3 Piece
Joseph Joseph Elevate Spatula Set - 3 Piece

4.0 out of 5 stars Why didn't I think of that?, 28 Nov 2011
Clever! A spatula with a built in rest so it doesn't muck up the countertop. Bought in the Black Friday sale and found they are great. A simple idea that works so well!

Oakley Dangerous Womens Sunglasses
Oakley Dangerous Womens Sunglasses

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 28 Nov 2011
Got these in the Black Friday sale, didn't know anything about Oakley, but they are terrific! For the price of a Boots pair, these are substantial and beautifully designed. The come with a soft bag inside of a hard case, so are well protected. Comfortable on, too. Have looked them up on other sites and Amazon's usual price is a good one, so Black Friday was superb! Many thanks!

A Very Gaga Holiday
A Very Gaga Holiday

4.0 out of 5 stars A surprise!, 26 Nov 2011
This review is from: A Very Gaga Holiday (MP3 Download)
It isn't much, only 4 songs, but I really liked it! I'm an "oldie", but I really wish Lady Gaga would sound like this more,with just a piano backing. I only gave 4 stars because I could do without all her talking between bits, but that's my opinion. The songs I liked very much, but then I am hopelessly out of touch with what is trendy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2011 12:42 PM GMT

The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall - Double Play (Blu-ray + DVD) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Ramin Karimloo

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!, 17 Nov 2011
I saw the show a few times over the past 25 years and was sooo disappointed with the film. THANK YOU to ALW and Cameron MacIntosh for bringing the stage show to BluRay!! It is wonderful. The performances were terrific, the music lush and I was impressed with the staging, considering what they couldn't do and how they got around it. I often forgot that I was watching a live performance, the film production was done so well. And because the pack has both BluRay and DVD I can play it on different machines in the house - a bonus! A must have for all Phantom fans.

Downton Abbey - Series 2 [DVD]
Downton Abbey - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maggie Smith
Offered by MusicnMedia

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, for a Costume Soap, 13 Nov 2011
I like Downton Abbey, both series 1 and 2. Yes, they are not high drama, they are soaps dressed up with lavish sets, costumes and accessories. But that's not bad, it's entertainment. Unfortunately my copy of series 2 came with a faulty disk, but Amazon was great at replacing it. I am not usually one for the bonus material that is included with DVD's, but I found the deleted scenes from series 2 very helpful and I really wish many of them had been included in the final cut. Some bits of the story now make more sense. Well done, great set, looking forward to more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2011 8:05 AM GMT

Chapelwood Squirrel Blocking Cage, 12 Inch
Chapelwood Squirrel Blocking Cage, 12 Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition!, 10 Aug 2011
I bought one of these for a Chapelwood heavy duty fat ball feeder. Fits perfectly on the 12" feeder. It took the small birds no time at all to figure out that they could get in and out. The baffled looks from the starlings was great! A couple of things to note. The cage adds a fair bit of weight to the feeder, which is already substancial. There is a screw with a hook on it taped to the plastic bag. This is needed to secure the feeder to the cage. Great piece of kit, will be buying more for my other feeders!

Altec Lansing Octive 450 iPad Speaker System with Dock
Altec Lansing Octive 450 iPad Speaker System with Dock

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Great Idea!, 4 Aug 2011
I think this is a great design innovation and perfect for the IPad! It swivels portrait or landscape, it charges, the sound is very good - especially for films and spoken word. I have an IPad 2 and it fits well, but I have it docked with a back cover and the smart cover in place. Without those it would probably be loose. The Apple store desciption of the same product, which they are selling at a vastly increased price, says it includes an additional connector arm for the IPad 2. This was not included in the box I purchased from Amazon and the Altec Lansing site does not mention it. I don't think it is needed, though. It would be more of a hassle to take off the back cover every time I wanted to dock it, so it's fine as it is.

Chapelwood Jet Black Ultimate Peanut Feeder 12"
Chapelwood Jet Black Ultimate Peanut Feeder 12"

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the same and does not quite work, 1 Aug 2011
I bought the ultimate peanut feeder, it has a black top and bottom, but the metal in the middle is stainless steel. No perch, no tray at the bottom. it is very sturdy and easy to clean. It will last a long time, especially as the birds won't use it. Not a peck in 4 days, while my other feeders are empty. Is it the shiney steel surface? Is it the size of the holes? Is it not having a perch? No idea, but, as with all of the Chapelwood feeders I bought recently, the birds don't like them for some reason. I would love to know why.

Chapelwood Heavy Duty Suet Ball Feeder
Chapelwood Heavy Duty Suet Ball Feeder

3.0 out of 5 stars Should be great, but..., 1 Aug 2011
I bought this after replacing yet another wire mesh one which the larger birds pryed apart. Ah, I thought, this is great! Holes for them to get at the fat balls, but really strong and sturdy. Yes it is. But for some reason the birds won't use it. The fat balls that would be eaten in a morning are still there 3 days later. My only guess is that it is shiny metal - does it frighten them off? Don't know, but it has been a waste of money so far.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2013 2:48 PM GMT

Chapelwood Heavy Duty Sunflower Heart Feeder
Chapelwood Heavy Duty Sunflower Heart Feeder

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, but...., 1 Aug 2011
Looks really nice, heavy duty and solid. No perch or overhang for weather. I must have the wrong kinds of birds in my garden, they won't use it. Cling on for a few seconds and look at it, then fly off.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2013 5:37 PM GMT