Profile for lizzie > Reviews

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14
Sonos PLAY:3 White - The Wireless Hi-Fi
Sonos PLAY:3 White - The Wireless Hi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted!, 1 Jan 2012
I put off buying into this system because I was afraid my wireless wasn't good enough, bigish house with thick stone walls over 3 floors. I finally gave it a try with the Play 5 and Bridge. No problems! I discovered that while the system needs the broadband it forms its own network within the house. No droppages at all! I then added on a Play 3 in the kitchen, same great sound. Lastly, thanks to Amazon's Warehouse Deals, I added another Play 3 in my home office. This is so simple to connect and sync the music library. I signed up for Spotify as well and am amazed at the quality of sound and the ease of use. Even the Play 3 is a weighty piece of equipment, the build quality is super. I find the Ipad app works perfectly well controlling them all. What a discovery, I feel like I have jumped into the 21st century with all this tech! It's not cheap, but look around for things like Warehouse Deals, it helps. My only teeny niggle is that it is designed to be "always on". It's not the power consumption that bothers me much, it's minimal. I just don't keep things switched on when I'm not around. Just me being an old foggey I guess.

Sonos Wireless Music Controller 200
Sonos Wireless Music Controller 200

3.0 out of 5 stars Great potential, but flawed, 22 Dec 2011
I received this with my new Sonos system and was very excited! It is very easy to set up and the touch screen and controls easy to work. Unfortunately, the unit I received would not charge, nor would it go into sleep mode. Sonos support was a great help, but couldn't solve the problem. I have sent it back and will use my Ipad app, it will give me time to expand my system and decide whether or not the Controller is really a "must have". I can see its potential, but it seems lots of people in the comments (rather than reviews) have had problems with it.

Philips Sonicare HX9332/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush White
Philips Sonicare HX9332/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush White

5.0 out of 5 stars I WAS going to send this back..., 28 Nov 2011
I bought this in the Black Friday sale. I admit I thought about it and talked myself out of it after I pressed the button, after all even at the BF price it was alot for a toothbrush. TBH there is no way I would pay the regular price for this! I have had sonic toothbrushes before, but the cleanning on this one is the best I have had. I also loved the charger, a glass! It just sits in the glass and is charged. And a travel case is included, which also charges the unit, by USB! or a 2 pin shaver plug. You can also use an adaptor to charge from the mains, which is not included. At the start, for the first 14 bushes, it gradually ramps up the speed, which is great. The 5 speeds vary in time and the instruction book is great for those new to this. It IS pricey, I WAS going to send it back, BUT I just like it too much!

Joseph Joseph Elevate Spatula Set - 3 Piece
Joseph Joseph Elevate Spatula Set - 3 Piece

4.0 out of 5 stars Why didn't I think of that?, 28 Nov 2011
Clever! A spatula with a built in rest so it doesn't muck up the countertop. Bought in the Black Friday sale and found they are great. A simple idea that works so well!

Oakley Dangerous Womens Sunglasses
Oakley Dangerous Womens Sunglasses

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 28 Nov 2011
Got these in the Black Friday sale, didn't know anything about Oakley, but they are terrific! For the price of a Boots pair, these are substantial and beautifully designed. The come with a soft bag inside of a hard case, so are well protected. Comfortable on, too. Have looked them up on other sites and Amazon's usual price is a good one, so Black Friday was superb! Many thanks!

A Very Gaga Holiday
A Very Gaga Holiday

4.0 out of 5 stars A surprise!, 26 Nov 2011
This review is from: A Very Gaga Holiday (MP3 Download)
It isn't much, only 4 songs, but I really liked it! I'm an "oldie", but I really wish Lady Gaga would sound like this more,with just a piano backing. I only gave 4 stars because I could do without all her talking between bits, but that's my opinion. The songs I liked very much, but then I am hopelessly out of touch with what is trendy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2011 12:42 PM GMT

The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall - Double Play (Blu-ray + DVD) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Ramin Karimloo

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!, 17 Nov 2011
I saw the show a few times over the past 25 years and was sooo disappointed with the film. THANK YOU to ALW and Cameron MacIntosh for bringing the stage show to BluRay!! It is wonderful. The performances were terrific, the music lush and I was impressed with the staging, considering what they couldn't do and how they got around it. I often forgot that I was watching a live performance, the film production was done so well. And because the pack has both BluRay and DVD I can play it on different machines in the house - a bonus! A must have for all Phantom fans.

Downton Abbey - Series 2 [DVD]
Downton Abbey - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maggie Smith
Offered by MusicnMedia

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, for a Costume Soap, 13 Nov 2011
I like Downton Abbey, both series 1 and 2. Yes, they are not high drama, they are soaps dressed up with lavish sets, costumes and accessories. But that's not bad, it's entertainment. Unfortunately my copy of series 2 came with a faulty disk, but Amazon was great at replacing it. I am not usually one for the bonus material that is included with DVD's, but I found the deleted scenes from series 2 very helpful and I really wish many of them had been included in the final cut. Some bits of the story now make more sense. Well done, great set, looking forward to more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2011 8:05 AM GMT

Chapelwood Squirrel Blocking Cage, 12 Inch
Chapelwood Squirrel Blocking Cage, 12 Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition!, 10 Aug 2011
I bought one of these for a Chapelwood heavy duty fat ball feeder. Fits perfectly on the 12" feeder. It took the small birds no time at all to figure out that they could get in and out. The baffled looks from the starlings was great! A couple of things to note. The cage adds a fair bit of weight to the feeder, which is already substancial. There is a screw with a hook on it taped to the plastic bag. This is needed to secure the feeder to the cage. Great piece of kit, will be buying more for my other feeders!

Altec Lansing Octive 450 iPad Speaker System with Dock
Altec Lansing Octive 450 iPad Speaker System with Dock

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Great Idea!, 4 Aug 2011
I think this is a great design innovation and perfect for the IPad! It swivels portrait or landscape, it charges, the sound is very good - especially for films and spoken word. I have an IPad 2 and it fits well, but I have it docked with a back cover and the smart cover in place. Without those it would probably be loose. The Apple store desciption of the same product, which they are selling at a vastly increased price, says it includes an additional connector arm for the IPad 2. This was not included in the box I purchased from Amazon and the Altec Lansing site does not mention it. I don't think it is needed, though. It would be more of a hassle to take off the back cover every time I wanted to dock it, so it's fine as it is.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14