Profile for lizzie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Saaf Skincare Organic Pure Face Cleanser with Cleansing Cloth 40g
Saaf Skincare Organic Pure Face Cleanser with Cleansing Cloth 40g

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Love it!, 2 Mar. 2013
I bought this when it was on a lightning deal, having never heard of SAAF before. I looked around elsewhere and found nothing but rave reviews, so completed the purchase. Wow, in my opinion the other reviews were right. This is lovely! The cleanser is an oil based balm that liquifies in your hands in seconds, only a little is needed. Massage it on and then wipe of with the cloth and warm water. I have sensitive,oily skin and this doesn't make it more oily, in fact it is balancing it very well. My skin doesn't feel tight or dry either. To me another important point about this cleanser and the whole range is that it is certified organic with no alcohol or synthetic ingredients. The essential oils are not ones that cause problems for sensitive skin and the fragrance is natural and very light. Made in the UK, it is approved by vegetarian, vegan, halal, and soil associations, should be used within 12 months of opening. I am following this with the complexion boost serum and am seeing great results already. The cloth is fine, though because it is natural cotton it does stain and is deliberately a bit rough for exfoliation. You can use any cloth I would suspect if this is not to your liking. Great product!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2014 3:25 PM BST

Les Misérables (Blu-ray + Digital Copy + UV Copy) [2012]
Les Misérables (Blu-ray + Digital Copy + UV Copy) [2012]
Dvd ~ Hugh Jackman
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars When??, 26 Feb. 2013
Excellent film, can't wait for the BluRay it will be spectacular. Glad a combo pack is being offered. Scheduled for release on 22 March 2013 in the USA. When here???
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2013 12:35 PM GMT

SPIGEN SGP Slim Armor Series Case for iPhone 5 / 5S Metal Slate color (OVER 15000 SOLD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice at a Price!, 11 Feb. 2013
This came well packaged and very quickly. The case itself is well made, with hard plastic that looks like metal and softer rubbery bits for the sides, top and bottom. It does add a bit of weight and bulk to the phone. The bevelled edges mirror the iPhone 5's bevelled edges and the black and slate again looks fab on the black and slate phone. The package also comes with instructions of how to get the case off and 3 home screen button protectors that are better than I thought they would be. I can see this case lasting much longer than the cheap plastic ones. The 4 stars? One the price and two that it slides around on its back rather than has a rubbery grip, so it might slide and drop more easily.

Poetic Atmosphere Case for Apple iPhone 5 5th Generation 5G (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon)(Clear/Gray)
Offered by Smart Shop Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Make sure before you put it on!, 11 Feb. 2013
Well, all I can say is make sure you like it before you put it on, because you're not going to be able to get it off without damaging the phone or the case or both. I made the mistake of putting it on, not hard, and then decided to clean the phone. Wrong! Took me ages to get it off! When it was on it looked OK, not bulky and is a hard plastic with a bit of rubber around the edges. It will get dirty though were the screen and case meet and that will be hard to clean. Well, at least there's no danger of the phone falling out of the case! OK for the price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2015 2:42 PM GMT

Live At The Algonquin
Live At The Algonquin
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best!, 18 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Live At The Algonquin (Audio CD)
Early Michael Feinstein and absolutely brilliant. You feel like you are there. It made me want to go and see him live in his club, so intimate a setting perfect for this music. Wonderful!

Percussion Plus 10 inch Tunable Drum
Percussion Plus 10 inch Tunable Drum

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a drum..., 18 Jan. 2013
Great sound, excellent buy, fast delivery. Hammer supplied along with tuning key. Does what it's supposed to do. What more can you ask?

Cuisinart ICE30 ice cream maker
Cuisinart ICE30 ice cream maker

4.0 out of 5 stars Ear plugs needed!, 18 Jan. 2013
This ice cream maker does make lovely ice cream. The thing I particularly like is the large opening to pour the mix and other bits in. I found the recipes ok, but have too much sugar for my taste, and the machine times are a bit off, all the ice cream I have made took about 30-35 minutes, not the 20-25 suggested in some recipes. The difference with this machine from others I have had is that the stirring arm does not move, the freezer bowl rotates. The big thing about this machine though is the noise! Don't stand next to it and try to have a conversation. I could hear this working at the other end of the house even with the doors closed. Ear plugs needed, but ice cream is yummy!

Les Misérables: Highlights From The Motion Picture Soundtrack
Les Misérables: Highlights From The Motion Picture Soundtrack

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought, but not the best, 12 Jan. 2013
I have been a Les Miz fan for 26 years and I welcome this film version of the musical. The interpretation is different and that is down to the fresh eyes of a new director. Bravo! The business of films unfortunately means that to get bums on seats big names must be employed. For the most part this is OK in this film, but as this highlights soundtrack shows, the music suffers. In the old days Hollywood would bring in someone who could sing to dub the big star, but not today. The acting is brilliant. The singing is OK, different but OK and this highlights soundtrack too is OK. Thank God for the west end folks who are propping up the bigger numbers. Russell Crowe, Sacha Baron Cohen and Helenna Bonham Carter were good and are great actors, but not great singers. This isn't essential for the Thenardiers, but in my opinion it is for Javert. Go see the film, buy this highlights soundtrack - even though it has no Do You Hear the People Sing till the very end - and enjoy it, it is a worthy effort!

DELL 860-10161 - UltraSharp U2412M 24 INCH LED monitor Black
DELL 860-10161 - UltraSharp U2412M 24 INCH LED monitor Black
Offered by PCBuyIT Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could be better, 31 Dec. 2012
I bought this after looking around for a while. 24" is a good size for desktop work, I personally think 27" is too big if you are sitting a couple of feet away from it. The matte finish is non glare and that hasn't bothered me. What I wasn't expecting was that the black frame around the screen was matte too. Great, it shows less dust and fingerprints! Colours seem good, resolution great. 2 negative niggles from me: 1- no hdmi port. I discovered that my Dell tower doesn't have a DVI-D, so I am on VGA. And 2- it is a true monitor, so there are no speakers. There is also no headphone jack to plug in other speakers. You have to buy Dell's soundbar, which has a headphone jack in it. OK, but it adds to the cost and I didn't see this mentioned anywhere.

Downton Abbey: A Journey to the Highlands (Christmas Special 2012) [DVD]
Downton Abbey: A Journey to the Highlands (Christmas Special 2012) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hugh Bonneville

3.0 out of 5 stars Ummm, a Christmas Special?, 27 Dec. 2012
I am a Downton fan, I must admit. I have watched and enjoyed all of the previous episodes, found the writing witty and the characters interesting. This "Christmas Special" makes me feel that it was written by someone else, as it had little or none of the characteristics of previous shows. Where were Violet's one liners? Where was a story? What was the point? The scenery was very nice, being in Scotland, but it was about the best part of the whole thing. The DVD is good, as always, the quality is fine, but this will not be a memorable episode for me. Last year's Christmas special was terrific, this one seemed like a show that was setting up events for a future series and therefore had little of interest in it. And the ending was a real letdown. I realise Julian Fellowes had little choice, but it had none of the pathos of episode 5 in series 3. Once watched soon forgotten this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16