Profile for lizzie > Reviews

Content by lizzie

lizzie (north of north)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Snugg iPhone 5 / 5S Ultra Thin Case With Lifetime Guranatee - Ultra Slim Profile, Non Slip, Protective and Soft to touch for Apple iPhone 5 / 5S (Black)
Offered by TheSnugg

3.0 out of 5 stars Snugg?, 30 Nov. 2012
Love the look of the case, love the feel, but it isn't very snugg to me, slips on and off too easily and I am afraid it will fall off. Maybe that's the way it's supposed to be, but I am wary of it.

Aurora 13-inch Nature Babies Minty Soft Toy
Aurora 13-inch Nature Babies Minty Soft Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Ooh....how cute!, 27 Nov. 2012
This little lamb is soon cute! It's lovely and soft too. A bit smaller than I expected, but still works well.

Ice-Watch Unisex Winter Deep Red Analogue Watch SW.DR.U.S with Silicone Strap
Ice-Watch Unisex Winter Deep Red Analogue Watch SW.DR.U.S with Silicone Strap

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price, 27 Nov. 2012
I like this watch, it's casual, it's chunky, it's fun. Only 4 stars because I have a large wrist-8 inch and I am on the last hole on the strap. If it' s unisex it's for a man with a fairly thin wrist. Worth the £20 I paid, but I'm just not trendy enough to pay £70+. Love the colour too, not bright red.

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Royal Purple  [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite (5th and 6th Generation)]
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Royal Purple [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite (5th and 6th Generation)]

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good, but..., 24 Oct. 2012
The new Paperwhite case is good. It is light, it is hard enough to provide protection for the PW unit, it has a great magnetic clasp to keep it closed and a space open for the charger. The lightness and hardness does make it feel a bit plasticky, not like the luxurious KK covers of a few years ago. But I am sooo disappointed with the colour! I ordered Royal Purple and it is not like the lovely colour in the picture, it is a dark plummy purple, not royal at all. Just don't like it, so am returning for another colour.
I returned it for a fuchsia one, it must be me because I don't like the colour of that either. It isn't as bright and good looking as the pictures, just makes it look cheap and plastic. It functions well, but just not for me I guess.

Is it Just Me?
Is it Just Me?
by Miranda Hart
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Try Something Different!, 12 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Is it Just Me? (Audio CD)
I admit I am a book reader. I also admit I am a fan of Miranda Hart. I noticed that the audiobook was read by her and only £1 more than the hardback, so I thought I'd give it a try. Miranda's voice and phrasing are so special it makes the book even funnier. Try something different if you are not an audiobook listener, it is worth it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2012 1:19 AM GMT

Rodgers & Hammerstein at the Movies
Rodgers & Hammerstein at the Movies
Offered by Side Two

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been sooo much better!, 11 Oct. 2012
I agree with the other reviews that compared to the fabulous live performances at the Proms, this recording is a bit flat. Perhaps not the best choice of music. I would also like to point out the the mp3 download has an additional number not listed on the CD, "I Enjoy Being a Girl" from Flower Drum Song.

The Chronicles of Downton Abbey (Official Series 3 TV tie-in)
The Chronicles of Downton Abbey (Official Series 3 TV tie-in)
by Jessica Fellowes

5.0 out of 5 stars A gorgeous book!, 15 Sept. 2012
Another lovely book from Jessica Fellowes following the story of Downton Abbey. The photos are beautiful, the insights to the changing times of the early 1920's are well written and add to the characters portrayal we see on television. It's not deep, it's not a great mystery or thriller, it's just a great read if you are a fan of Downton. This is available as a Kindle edition as well, but the photos are such an important part of the book I think the real book is more useful.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2012 2:46 PM BST

Chariots of Fire (30th Anniversary Limited Edition) [Blu-ray] [1981] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Ben Cross

5.0 out of 5 stars BluRay does the job!, 18 July 2012
The film itself, Chariots of Fire, is an excellent film, as has been mentioned numerous times here. This BluRay version is new, only released in mid July 2012, and is a vast improvement from the old DVD transfer. The picture and sound are excellent. Most of the reviews here are old ones not of the new BluRay version, so check the review date to make sure you are looking at a review of the new release.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2012 2:44 PM BST

Dyson Digital Slim DC35 Multi Floor Lightweight Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson Digital Slim DC35 Multi Floor Lightweight Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by Dalzells Of Markethill

3.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment, 14 Jun. 2012
I wanted to love this, I really did! But it was the little things that got to me in the end. Charged fine and was easy to assemble. I was concerned that it looked like a crack in the dirt collection cylinder - couldn't feel it on the outside, but did on the inside. Could also be a manfuacturing mark. What I didn't know was that the cylinder was sooo small! And the big thing for me was that with arthritis in my hands it was very difficult to use because you have to hold down the trigger button to make it work. The slower speed gave about 12 minutes on a charge and didn't pick up much. Used the max or turbo button and it picked up things better, but only lasted about 5 minutes. It is OK, should be better for this price, but for me the trigger was the deal breaker - my hand just couldn't do it.

Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display
Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, but..., 25 April 2012
I bought the new Touch to replace my old Keyboard 3, thinking that it would be so much better. I am sure that in many ways it is. The print is as Kindle has always been; bright, clear and sharp. It is lighter and smaller than the old KK3, though some of that lightness will go when a case is put on it - especially if you need a light. The build quality is good, I liked the feel of the back, not just smooth, but a bit of grip. I appreciated that the USB cable was a good length, so many products have cables that are too short. I found the keyboard easy to use and the menu system was very much the same as my old version, so no problems there. I was afraid a touch screen would get dirty with fingerprints and make the whole thing hard to read, but no, it was great. Downloading books was a breeze as well. I found the page turning sluggish and often had to tap or swipe more than once to get it to work. My main disappointment with this new Touch is the ghosting on the screen. Even using the page refresh setting so it refreshed each page turn, I was still getting ghosting. It is very distracting. I have decided to return my Touch and wait for an updated version with some of the little niggles sorted out. It has great potential and the selection of books is the best. I just wish it was a bit farther down the line in development.
UPDATE: my Touch was faulty and Amazon has replaced it. No ghosting on this one, even on 6 page refresh, and the page turn is nice and fast now. So, I have changed rating to reflect this.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2012 7:06 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14