Shop now Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now
Profile for lizzie > Reviews

Content by lizzie

lizzie (north of north)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Whirlpool Max Microwave with Steam Function - White
Whirlpool Max Microwave with Steam Function - White

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little machine, 6 April 2013
I got rid of my big, combination microwave for space reasons and that I never used the combi features. Just a plain old heat and eat type. It's a bit pricey for its size and features, but I wanted space saving, more because I hate the look of gadgets cluttering up the countertops. This does have form, the style is nice, clean and small. It would not do for a family, but for 1 or 2, it's great. It is designed to fit in corners and it does. But it is not designed to work in corners, as the instructions say it needs 30cm above and room around sides and back for ventilation. So that means you have to pull it out of the corner to use it or not have it totally in the corner. No biggie really, though it might be to some. The cord is not adjustable and is short, so it needs to be within about 2 feet of an outlet. It is a lower wattage than most these days, a cat. C, 700 watts. But when looking at cooking instructions that only meant another 30 seconds or so of cooking time. I think I can wait that long. It is true the controls are fiddly, not in the sense of complicated, just the touch doesn't always work and it does work better with a thumb than a finger for some strange reason. I really wondered if I had made a mistake with this, but I am getting used to it and it does all I need a microwave to do. If you do lots of cooking or want to put tall things in it or are cooking for a family buy another model. If you want to heat up ready meals or leftovers and steam some veg for 2 people, great! I got the white and a very minor point - in the picture it looks like there is a white line going across the front about a fifth of the way up the unit. Mine has no line and it looks like a solid black front.
UPDATE: after about a month's use I had a problem with the control panel, where the plastic bubbled up...now I feel sooo stupid, it was a plastic covering that was supposed to come off when unpacked. Was fit on so cleanly that I didn't know it was there. I apologise to Amazon for being so dim.
UPDATE: a year on it it now makes lots on noise, rattles and has a strange habit of turning itself on for a second when the door closes. Overpriced for the design, but doesn't last.

Cathedral Drywipe Magnetic Pen with Eraser - Black
Cathedral Drywipe Magnetic Pen with Eraser - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, almost!, 1 April 2013
Love it and it goes perfectly with my drywipe board and love the fact that it is magnetic so I always know where it is, only wish it was a bit bigger!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm Just Not Sure, 1 April 2013
Well, I bought this to go with my Karcher Window Vac, as did most other folks. I tried and liked the concentrate that came with the vac, easy to use and a pleasant smell. The bottle of concentrate I received perplexes me a bit, it is not the same bottle shape as in the picture description. The liquid is not yellow in colour, but clear and the smell is very different from the sample concentrate. It also foamed a lot in the bottle, which the sample did not, and foamed on the windows, which the other did not. I would wonder if this was a fake, but it doesn't seem that anyone else has this experience, so it must just be me and my expectations.

A Miner's Song
A Miner's Song

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Song, Great Cause, 20 Mar. 2013
This review is from: A Miner's Song (MP3 Download)
This is a beautiful song, both tune and lyrics. It was put together using lots of performers by Dan and Laura Curtis. The cause is so important, BUY IT! Only wish Amazon was selling the longer album (of 5 songs) rather than the single.

Sigel GL101 Magnetic glass board/Magnetic pinboard artverum, 12 x 78 cm, white
Sigel GL101 Magnetic glass board/Magnetic pinboard artverum, 12 x 78 cm, white

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 12 Mar. 2013
Long and slim this comes with all the fixings to mount on the wall. The only thing I would have liked is a pen to go with it, had to buy a magnetic one separately.

Kuhn Rikon Household Scissors, Green
Kuhn Rikon Household Scissors, Green
Offered by KG Homewares

3.0 out of 5 stars Well it does the job, 12 Mar. 2013
They're scissors, they cut so they do the job. I would say, however, that the handle shape wasn't very comfortable for me, but that might just be my large hands.

Garmin Nuvi 2475LT 4.3" Sat Nav with Europe and North America Maps, Lifetime Traffic and Bluetooth

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Time, 12 Mar. 2013
Literally. I spent hours and hours trying to get this updated. First the firmware, then the maps. Looked ok, then kept telling me there were updates, plug in again and hours of updating only to read again that updates were available. Just for the US maps this isn't worth the hassle. Unless you travel in the US lots it's easier to hire one there or just download a map app. I have had Garmin sat navs before and not had this problem. Also, according to Garmin the 4"3 models are being phased out. The 5"models are so much easier to read, it's amazing how much bigger they seem.

God Believes in Love: Straight Talk About Gay Marriage
God Believes in Love: Straight Talk About Gay Marriage

5.0 out of 5 stars I was unsure..., 11 Mar. 2013
This is a wonderful book, especially if you are unsure how you feel about the issue of gay marriage. It gave me so much more understanding of the issue. It written by an Episcopal Bishop, so it does have a Christian slant, but I must say it is more the slant that I grew up with - of openness and love - than prescriptiveness. As the author is both gay and married it is great to get his perspecitve on the whole issue. I have recommended this book to others, great!

Garmin Universal Friction Mount for 700/600/300/200 series
Garmin Universal Friction Mount for 700/600/300/200 series
Offered by cadabra

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right!, 11 Mar. 2013
I have had a dashboard friction mount (or beanbag style to some) for a few years. It was OK, but you used the suction mechanism from the sat nav to stick to the mount, that's what made it universal. I found recently that the suction cup was coming unstuck regularly and falling off the dash, probably due to the weight of the sat nav. I decided to try this mount and I am so pleased I did! It has a slide in and lock mechanism that means no suction cup and it stays put. It also breaks down easily, so it can be stored flat. It's heavy enough to sit on the dash without moving and it seems really well built. I am very pleased!

Saaf Organic Pure Shower Gel
Saaf Organic Pure Shower Gel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for non-perfume types, 3 Mar. 2013
I love this shower gel, because it doesn't overwhelm with scent! The scent is pleasant and natural, as the range is made up using natural essential oils in their products. No alcohol or synthetics used and therefore the scent, while pleasant, doesn't hit you. I hate shower gels that are so strong there is no point of using perfume afterwards. Does the job and another great product from SAAF.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17