Profile for lizzie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
A Miner's Song
A Miner's Song

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Song, Great Cause, 20 Mar. 2013
This review is from: A Miner's Song (MP3 Download)
This is a beautiful song, both tune and lyrics. It was put together using lots of performers by Dan and Laura Curtis. The cause is so important, BUY IT! Only wish Amazon was selling the longer album (of 5 songs) rather than the single.

Sigel GL101 Magnetic glass board/Magnetic pinboard artverum, 12 x 78 cm, white
Sigel GL101 Magnetic glass board/Magnetic pinboard artverum, 12 x 78 cm, white
Offered by Boards Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 12 Mar. 2013
Long and slim this comes with all the fixings to mount on the wall. The only thing I would have liked is a pen to go with it, had to buy a magnetic one separately.

Kuhn Rikon Household Scissors, Green
Kuhn Rikon Household Scissors, Green
Offered by KG Homewares

3.0 out of 5 stars Well it does the job, 12 Mar. 2013
They're scissors, they cut so they do the job. I would say, however, that the handle shape wasn't very comfortable for me, but that might just be my large hands.

Garmin Nuvi 2475LT 4.3" Sat Nav with Europe and North America Maps, Lifetime Traffic and Bluetooth

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Time, 12 Mar. 2013
Literally. I spent hours and hours trying to get this updated. First the firmware, then the maps. Looked ok, then kept telling me there were updates, plug in again and hours of updating only to read again that updates were available. Just for the US maps this isn't worth the hassle. Unless you travel in the US lots it's easier to hire one there or just download a map app. I have had Garmin sat navs before and not had this problem. Also, according to Garmin the 4"3 models are being phased out. The 5"models are so much easier to read, it's amazing how much bigger they seem.

God Believes in Love: Straight Talk About Gay Marriage
God Believes in Love: Straight Talk About Gay Marriage

5.0 out of 5 stars I was unsure..., 11 Mar. 2013
This is a wonderful book, especially if you are unsure how you feel about the issue of gay marriage. It gave me so much more understanding of the issue. It written by an Episcopal Bishop, so it does have a Christian slant, but I must say it is more the slant that I grew up with - of openness and love - than prescriptiveness. As the author is both gay and married it is great to get his perspecitve on the whole issue. I have recommended this book to others, great!

Garmin Universal Friction Mount for 700/600/300/200 series
Garmin Universal Friction Mount for 700/600/300/200 series
Offered by Best Digital Market

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right!, 11 Mar. 2013
I have had a dashboard friction mount (or beanbag style to some) for a few years. It was OK, but you used the suction mechanism from the sat nav to stick to the mount, that's what made it universal. I found recently that the suction cup was coming unstuck regularly and falling off the dash, probably due to the weight of the sat nav. I decided to try this mount and I am so pleased I did! It has a slide in and lock mechanism that means no suction cup and it stays put. It also breaks down easily, so it can be stored flat. It's heavy enough to sit on the dash without moving and it seems really well built. I am very pleased!

Saaf Organic Pure Shower Gel
Saaf Organic Pure Shower Gel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for non-perfume types, 3 Mar. 2013
I love this shower gel, because it doesn't overwhelm with scent! The scent is pleasant and natural, as the range is made up using natural essential oils in their products. No alcohol or synthetics used and therefore the scent, while pleasant, doesn't hit you. I hate shower gels that are so strong there is no point of using perfume afterwards. Does the job and another great product from SAAF.

Saaf Organic Face & Body Kit
Saaf Organic Face & Body Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 3 Mar. 2013
Bought this set to try the range after I stumbled across the cleanser in a lightning deal. The great thing about this is it gives the chance to try other products and find what I like. The complexion boost serum is great for me, with an oilyish skin. But I have tried the moisture one as well and that may be mixed into the routine. Great to try the other items like hair oil and lip, face and body balms. SAAF is a great range, all natural, with no alcohol or synthetic ingredients. I have sensitive skin and have had no problems. Looking forward to buying some of the full sizes now I have tried it. Oh, and it comes in a metal tin as well. Nice packaging.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not this time, 2 Mar. 2013
I have used More Inks for a number of years and have always found their compatible products to be excellent. However, while these cartidges may be excellent, the price isn't. Amazon sells the real Canon ones for less. When the price comes down I will return to More Inks.

Saaf Skincare Organic Pure Face Cleanser with Cleansing Cloth 40g
Saaf Skincare Organic Pure Face Cleanser with Cleansing Cloth 40g

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Love it!, 2 Mar. 2013
I bought this when it was on a lightning deal, having never heard of SAAF before. I looked around elsewhere and found nothing but rave reviews, so completed the purchase. Wow, in my opinion the other reviews were right. This is lovely! The cleanser is an oil based balm that liquifies in your hands in seconds, only a little is needed. Massage it on and then wipe of with the cloth and warm water. I have sensitive,oily skin and this doesn't make it more oily, in fact it is balancing it very well. My skin doesn't feel tight or dry either. To me another important point about this cleanser and the whole range is that it is certified organic with no alcohol or synthetic ingredients. The essential oils are not ones that cause problems for sensitive skin and the fragrance is natural and very light. Made in the UK, it is approved by vegetarian, vegan, halal, and soil associations, should be used within 12 months of opening. I am following this with the complexion boost serum and am seeing great results already. The cloth is fine, though because it is natural cotton it does stain and is deliberately a bit rough for exfoliation. You can use any cloth I would suspect if this is not to your liking. Great product!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2014 3:25 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16