Profile for lizzie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Heilemann Milk Chocolate Tool Set 100 g
Heilemann Milk Chocolate Tool Set 100 g

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste, 15 Dec 2014
Great idea, but chocolates arrived broken and are not returnable.

Bodum Bistro 1.4/2.8 L Mixing Bowls, Red
Bodum Bistro 1.4/2.8 L Mixing Bowls, Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but would I pay full price?, 29 Nov 2014
They are red. They are hard plastic with little knobs on the bottom third. They are very tippy, they have some sort of rubberise coating on the bottom third and on the handle. The base is small and therefore the bowl wobbles and needs the little knobs to stop it tipping over completely. Not flimsy, but would have preferred a bottom that was more stable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2014 10:06 AM GMT

Dualit 89200 Mini Oven, Chrome
Dualit 89200 Mini Oven, Chrome

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but, 14 Nov 2014
A+ for Warehouse Deals, fast delivery and in perfect condition.
The oven itself looks great. Dials for temperature, time and function are basic, but most stuff would work fine. It is quiet, even with the fan running. A bit of concern I have with it is that my socket is on the left of where the machine has to go and the power cable is on the back right. This means that the lead has to go along or under the unit at the back and it gets quite warm from the heat of the oven when on. I hope it won't melt the lead. The main problem I have with it is the temperature. Set at 230, it managed 200. The top light was going off even though it wasn't up to temperature. Tried the fan oven, set at 180' it got up to 160 after a good 15 minutes.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Drat! Why didn't I think of that?, 5 Nov 2014
This is one of those products that is so simple and works you wish you had thought of it yourself. Bit pricey for what it is, though.

Lakeland Electric Compact Mini Oven (18 Litre) & Baking Trays Included 1300W
Lakeland Electric Compact Mini Oven (18 Litre) & Baking Trays Included 1300W
Offered by Lakeland

3.0 out of 5 stars Flawed, 5 Nov 2014
Going on reviews here and on Lakeland's site, I ordered this. It arrived today and so far I am not as impressed as I should be. Impressions out of the box. I wonder whether I received a return, as when I opened it there were fingerprints on it and those marks on chrome/stainless that you get when it has been wiped. OK, that's picky. My two major concerns are: 1. the power lead is too short (71cm/28ins. at full stretch) and is at the back but on the side rather than the middle of the machine. 2. when plugged in and the wall switch turned on it hums - and fairly loudly. I contacted Lakeland and they are aware of this, simply saying that customers should switch it off at the wall when not in use if they don't want the noise. The oven is also pretty light weight and has plastic feet, therefore it slides around on the countertop. I sent it back for a replacement as after trying it out and contacting Lakeland it was deemed faulty. Credit to Lakeland, they were on it and I got a replacement and collection of the old one very quickly. The second one is quieter than the first and doesn't burn oven safe plastic, but it also doesn't get up to temperature easily.
Update: the 2nd one popped and fused the electrics. 3rd one made so that shelf couldn't move in and out, door didn't close properly. 4th one had steam escaping from the door frame and condensation running down the front. I have now given up.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2014 4:20 PM GMT

Umbra Luna Photo/ Art Display, White
Umbra Luna Photo/ Art Display, White

3.0 out of 5 stars I like it, sort of, 28 Oct 2014
I like it, sort of. It's large. It's white. It's not too heavy. It can be oriented as you wish so portrait and landscape pictures can be mixed. I am pretty sure the frames are covered with plastic, it felt like it, probably to reduce the weight. The one thing I found I didn't like about it, apart from the price, is that due to it's being 2 1/2 inches deep the pictures can be in shadow and hard to see unless the lighting is bright and full in the room. I bought this for an elderly person to have in their care home room, just too much shadow for them to see the pictures well.

Skippy Extra Crunchy Super Crunch Peanut Butter 1.13Kg
Skippy Extra Crunchy Super Crunch Peanut Butter 1.13Kg
Offered by REMI DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars YUM!, 28 Oct 2014
The best PB on the market and the best price!

Clickfree CA3A10-2CBK9-F1S 1TB C2 USB 3.0 2.5 Inch Portable Backup Drive
Clickfree CA3A10-2CBK9-F1S 1TB C2 USB 3.0 2.5 Inch Portable Backup Drive

4.0 out of 5 stars The C2 works fine, it's fast and easy, 28 Oct 2014
Have had Clickfree before, had to get a larger storage capacity. I have no idea why, but I tried a C6 because I wanted to backup my whole computer and it wouldn't work. The C2 works fine, it's fast and easy. Unfortunately, I paid a lot more for it as Amazon has lowered the price.

Fellowes I-Spire Series Tablet Lift
Fellowes I-Spire Series Tablet Lift

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! Will sit at either portrait or landscape mode, 28 Oct 2014
Excellent! Will sit at either portrait or landscape mode, lifted up so wire for charging can be threaded in. Best of all, it is wide enough to fit the iPad WITH the case on!

Proteam Ho1940 Bird Sound Wall Clock
Proteam Ho1940 Bird Sound Wall Clock
Offered by The Magic Toy Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Size is nice, colour of frame in light wood ok, 28 Oct 2014
It's OK in many areas. Size is nice, colour of frame in light wood ok. Nice price, as I have seen the same clock for 3 times the price. I think I must be the only person, but mine stops for "slumber" mode after it's 9pm call and then "wakes" at 5am with a loud song thrush! That's the other thing, these calls are loud and the volume cannot be changed. Wakes the whole house at 5am, not good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14