Profile for suefendt@hotmail.com > Reviews

Tickling the English
Tickling the English
by Dara O Briain

1.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointing, 18 July 2010
This review is from: Tickling the English (Paperback)
I love Dara -- he is intelligent and this usually shines through in his comedy. However, this book really had no identity as far as I was concerned and fell really flat. I can imagine that Dara was given an advance, decided he didn't want to write the book and these musings are all that he could pull together on a wet Wednesday afternoon to get the job done.

I really, really wanted to like it -- honestly I did but found it quite dull and directionless. I am surprised that everyone else gives it such a high rating so perhaps it is just me missing the point.

HG Mould Spray
HG Mould Spray

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed user, 19 Aug. 2009
This review is from: HG Mould Spray (DIY & Tools)
This product didn't work at all on the silicone around the bath. I would not recommend :(
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2012 1:35 PM GMT

The Rough Guide to Babies
The Rough Guide to Babies
by Miranda Levy

5.0 out of 5 stars A fab book, 19 May 2009
As a first time expectant mother I know nothing about babies but didn't want to read all of the literature out there and scare the pants off myself about what I was letting myself in for. This book is fantastic and I am only half way through. A great blend of good practical advice and humour. Highly recommended for both mums and dads and an excellent gift for friends/family who are expecting their first child.

Marketing Explained (Straightforward Guides)
Marketing Explained (Straightforward Guides)
by David James Bull

5.0 out of 5 stars Oldie but goody, 4 Jun. 2006
I got this book from the library in a desperate bid to make sense of the awful CIM Markting Planning book than is aligned with the exam I am taking. Whilst Marketing Explained was produced in 1997 it is a testament to David Bull's understanding of the subject and writing skills as it is fantastic. I am surpised how much of the theory in the book is still relevant -- so much for marketing being a dynamic and constantly changing topic! You can also tell how good this book is as it is still being produced all of these years later and still appears to be the same first edition. It is well worth £10 considering many other marketing books are £40+ and whilst this obviously does not contain the same detail it gives a great overview of the subject.

Typography: When Who How
Typography: When Who How
by Friedrich Friedl

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book for anyone studying graphic design, 28 Nov. 2001
This is a beautiful and interesting book for anyone interested in typography or the whole arena of graphic design. It has become a bible for me and has come up trumps for many projects as it contains so much information and wonderful pictures of type and advertising. It is excellent value for money especially for us cash-conscious students!