Profile for Vincent Cover > Reviews

Content by Vincent Cover

Vincent Cover "bob" (wales)

Trans-X Adjustable Black Alloy Pannier Rack
Trans-X Adjustable Black Alloy Pannier Rack
Offered by bikes4life limited
Price: 20.05

3.0 out of 5 stars cheap, but not great, 26 April 2010
I got this rack for my girlfriends bike, as she wanted something cheap so she could get shopping and carry stuff between our 2 places a 20mile round trip.

But Ive had to make serveral ajustments to improve it, the ajustable height being to loose due the lenght of the bolts.

also it did'nt arive with the front arms as with the one in the photo, I asked for new ones to be sent but they have never arived.

My GF got a new bike that requied a central 3 point mounting so I brought a new hard wear kit, and drilled two holes in the rack and now I'd say that I would almost be happy to have the rack on my own bike, but I have a top peak super tourist, which is what I should have got for my GF.

I would have sent it straight back but for the time and the money I would loose returning it was'nt worth the hassle, I would do better selling it again on ebay .

Basil Mara XL Double Pannier Bag Water Resistant 35L
Basil Mara XL Double Pannier Bag Water Resistant 35L
Price: 19.70

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant panniers, 9 Jan 2010
I got these panniers for winter touring so far I have done 600km with them, they are strong and well ballanced, I have ripped them when I fell off my bike on ice, but the rip did'nt get any worse in the 15hrs it took me to get home.

The materiel is water resistant but the design of the tops allows some water in, but you would be a complete fool to expect a set of panniers that cost [] to be water proof, I just pack every thing in plastic bags and that solves the problem.

I had to buy a touring rack, because the panniers are so wide. My old rack sat too far forward and my heel draged on the front of the pannier, this could have been because my bike is a hard tail MTB, or just the wrong rack.

these are designed for shopping, and are great for that, I am looking forward to being able to just go to the shops and get my weekly shop. they take about a minute to remove unloaded, and thats knowing where all the buckles are, so that should detere the theives.

Sandisk 8GB Sansa Clip MP3 Player with Radio - Black
Sandisk 8GB Sansa Clip MP3 Player with Radio - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Its good... But, 27 Nov 2009
I really love this player, I needed something to store all my music on, all my music is about 4gb so this means that I can get stuff off my friends, and buy more stuff as I want it, to fill up the extra 4gb.

I love the way it navigates, and adding a rubber protection sleeve to it makes it feel a lot more robust.

But... my first one, broke for 3 days??? it would'nt turn on... it would'nt charge... and the computer could'nt access it... Amazon have been perfect about the return and sent me a replacement out really quickly, and its still working.

YAY!! MUSIC!!