Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Accountant from south-east England. Uses Audible mainly for business and sci-fi listening." (Kent, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Bachman Books: Rage, the Long Walk, Roadwork, the Running Man by King, Stephen (1991) Mass Market Paperback
by Stephen King
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars This is the one with 'Rage' in it., 6 April 2016
I read 'The Long Walk' and had read 'The Running Man' in the past. I just had to dig out this edition to read 'Rage,' and I'm glad I did. It's not a masterpiece but is worthy of reading, and it's a shame it's so hard to find these days.

Nameless
Nameless
by Grant Morrison

3.0 out of 5 stars Too into itself, 6 April 2016
This review is from: Nameless (Hardcover)
It was okay, but reading the long list of references given at the end, I can't help but think that the writer at times disappeared up his own posterior. You can be profound without being unintelligible.

The Last Witch Hunter
The Last Witch Hunter

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good stuff., 6 April 2016
I was almost put off by some negative reviews I'd seen (mostly, admittedly, from critics.) But with a day stuck in bed due to illness and not much else to do, I gave it a shot and I'm glad I did.

A perfectly watchable, understandable and decently-acted film. Not a masterpiece, but few are. There are worse ways to pass a couple of hours.

Armada
Armada
by Ernest Cline

5.0 out of 5 stars with enough geeky references to keep most people happy. There's scope for a sequel, 9 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Armada (Hardcover)
I was originally a bit worried by some of the slighly negative reviews, but I needn't have worried.
Look, it's no 'Ready Player One,' but quite frankly, what is?
This is still an enjoyable tale, well told, with enough geeky references to keep most people happy. There's scope for a sequel, without any dissatisfaction that comes from a tale being left untold.
If you did like Ready Player One, you'll probably like this. Give it a go.

Wytches Volume 1 (Wytches Tp)
Wytches Volume 1 (Wytches Tp)
by Jock

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Feb. 2016
Always good to come across a good new graphic novel. Hopefully they'll hurry up with volume 2 soon.

Skechers USA Mens Floater Low-Top 51328 Navy/Grey 12 UK, 47.5 EU
Skechers USA Mens Floater Low-Top 51328 Navy/Grey 12 UK, 47.5 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Feb. 2016
Typical Skechers - good fit, comfortable and hard-wearing.

Lucifer, Stay. Good Devil.
Lucifer, Stay. Good Devil.

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh., 2 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Lucifer: Season 1 (Amazon Video)
It's okay, I suppose, but it's no Constantine. And given the sheer quality and imaginative range of the source material in the graphic novels, turning into just another cop-type show with a twist just gives me a massive sense of being let down, compared to what could have been.

I've watched two episodes now, but that's it for me. Shame.

Focus
Focus
Dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad film, although a bit obvious in places, 19 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Focus (Amazon Video)
Not a bad film, although a bit obvious in places. The real problem is the ending - well, the last half hour really. Smacks of the writers just running out of ideas. Which is a shame, because it's perfectly entertaining up to that point.

Interstate 60
Interstate 60

5.0 out of 5 stars You have to watch this., 3 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Interstate 60 (Amazon Video)
Just found this film wandering through the new additions on Prime Video. Absolutely loved it. Before today I never knew this film existed, but now it's firmly one of my all-time favourites.
It sounds bizarre but plays out really well, and the cast is just fantastic, with some great cameos.
I probably sound very over-enthusiastic here, but with so many bad films around it's wonderful to stumble, every now and then, over a real gem. And to think it's been around for 13 years and I never knew...

Underworld: Newly Rejacketed
Underworld: Newly Rejacketed
by Cathy MacPhail

1.0 out of 5 stars Just didn't go anywhere, 28 Nov. 2015
Truly can't understand all the positive reviews. This just isn't on a par with some of the other great fiction out there at the moment.
The idea is sound, the beginning an adequate set-up, but from there on in it's a sequence of non-events, with no pay-offs for any of the really interesting questions that are raised.
Normally I donate books I've read to Oxfam. I just binned this one, as I don't want anyone else's time wasted.
MacFail.