Profile for DoYouHaveItInGreen > Reviews

Faith In Nature Pomegranate & Rooibos Conditioner For All Hair Types 400ml
Faith In Nature Pomegranate & Rooibos Conditioner For All Hair Types 400ml
Price: 5.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely., 3 Jun 2014
Imagine a scent of a cup of a regular cup of tea, then stand a cup of herbal fruit tea right next to it and breathe in. Lovely isn't it? Woody, fruity deliciousness. This is what you can expect your hair to smell like all day after using this. Love it.

Now Foods Macadamia Nut Oil, 16 Fl Oz (473 Ml)
Now Foods Macadamia Nut Oil, 16 Fl Oz (473 Ml)
Offered by Nature's Remedies
Price: 18.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely flavour, 3 Jun 2014
Considering this came from the USA, delivery was about a week which isn't bad and the bottle was intact.

Lovely mild, clean nutty flavour ideal for making mayo. However, the bottle is not huge so I'm glad this was the least expensive option I could find.

I would buy again.

Via Health Stevia drops Chocolate Flavour (50ml)
Via Health Stevia drops Chocolate Flavour (50ml)
Offered by Global Speciality Foods
Price: 8.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good in moderation., 3 Jun 2014
4-6 drops max in some almond or coconut milk gives a quick guilt and sugar free milkshake. Also great added to banana and avacado smoothies.

The chocolate flavour is not overpowering and is a nice 'milk' chocolate flavour, very welcomed by me as I cannot have any dairy and I miss milk chocolate. No after taste is the holy grail of stevia preparations and this manages it fairly well as long as you don't put more than 4-6 drops in per 250-300ml (approx). The bottle states this is about the same sweetness as a teaspoon of sugar, however, it doesn't work on an economy of scale, so adding 12 drops (2 tsp) equivalent doesn't just give extra sweetness, it will also pack a nasty after taste in with it too. This is not just this brand, it is all stevia drops I've tried with the exception of the Sweet Leaf brand which seems to be ok up to 8 drops in 250-300ml of fluid without after taste.

As a cheaper option to Sweet Leaf, I'd use this again and there are some good video recipes on their website presented by their spokes model who appears to be an Icelandic Nigella. She is now my husbands latest crush. Apparently it's her accent. Hmm.

Via Health Stevia drops Raspberry Flavour (50ml)
Via Health Stevia drops Raspberry Flavour (50ml)
Offered by Global Speciality Foods
Price: 8.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent natural flavour and no after taste (as long as you don't over do it!), 3 Jun 2014
4-6 drops max in sparkling mineral water with a slice of lemon gives you a really refreshing, guilt and sugar free drink.

The raspberry flavour is not overpowering or that sickly artificial raspberry flavouring which seems to hit you in the back of the nose and stay there for hours. No after taste is the holy grail of stevia preparations and this manages it fairly well as long as you don't put more than 4-6 drops in per 250-300ml (approx). The bottle states this is about the same sweetness as a teaspoon of sugar, however, it doesn't work on an economy of scale, so adding 12 drops (2 tsp) equivalent doesn't just give extra sweetness, it will also pack a nasty after taste in with it too. This is not just this brand, it is all stevia drops I've tried with the exception of the Sweet Leaf brand which seems to be ok up to 8 drops in 250-300ml of fluid without after taste.

The Raw Chocolate Organic Raw Cacao Powder 200 g (Pack of 3)
The Raw Chocolate Organic Raw Cacao Powder 200 g (Pack of 3)
Price: 15.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Gluten information, 3 Jun 2014
I was concerned to see that unlike some of the Raw Chocolate Companys other products, this one does not state it is gluten free on the pack. So, I emailed them and had this very helpful response:
"Cacao is a naturally gluten free food. We do not handle any gluten containing ingredients and our suppliers do not handle any gluten containing ingredients. However, legally to use the term 'gluten free' we have to have the product scientifically tested which we are not able to afford at present."
I am entirely happy to continue to consume this based on the fact that there seems to be no windows for cross contamination.
I'm really happy with this Cacao. It has a lovely silky texture which makes the most fabulous smoothies and raw chocolates. The flavour is really gentle, not so bitter that it needs to be balanced with a lot of sweetness. Really pleased it is available in the better value 3 packs.

2014 Organised Mum Pocket Life Book
2014 Organised Mum Pocket Life Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't be without it., 16 May 2014
Brilliant. Fits in my handbag easily and I slide my pencil down the spiral bindings to keep it with the diary. Love how I can see the whole week in view and there is space on the facing page for menu planning, shopping list and things to do that week. At the start of each month there is a double page for month to view and space for birthdays, to do lists for bigger tasks and so on. Keeps me really organised. I can see myself needing to go up to the next size when DS starts school next year so each of the family can have their own column, but for now this layout works brilliantly for me.

Quality is very good. The cover is nice and hard and the whole thing is still in great condition even though it has battered around in and out of my handbag for 6 months so far.

Paleo Approach, The
Paleo Approach, The
by Sarah Ballantyne
Price: 28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have autoimmune disease you need this book., 16 May 2014
This review is from: Paleo Approach, The (Paperback)
I have autoimmune thyroid disease and I am utterly determined to kick it's butt into remission! This is the book which has given me the tools to start doing so.

Exceptionally detailed but with clear diagrams, pictures and real world comparisons so that you do not need to have a degree in nutrition or immunology to understand it.

Very well researched. I fact checked a few things which sounded a bit way out and Ballantyne was right on every time.

You will need to be willing to make some pretty radical lifestyle changes to follow this programme and I am doing so with the help of a functional nutritionist and some Cyrex testing to give me more information, but if you want to take on autoimmune disease head on, this book is 100% what I would recommend.

After 3 months my antibody levels have stopped rising, I'm feeling better than I have in over a year and I finally have some hope that full health will be mine again.

Watch out autoimmune disease, me and Sarah Ballantyne are coming to GET YA!

Riceworks Sweet Chili Rice Crisps 156 g (Pack of 4)
Riceworks Sweet Chili Rice Crisps 156 g (Pack of 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not entirely rice..., 16 May 2014
Probably my fault for not checking up on the ingredients list more closely but was fooled by the packaging pictures into thinking these were made of only brown rice. However, they also contain a large proportion of corn. I am gluten, potato and corn intolerant, so being called "rice" works, I assumed these would be suitable for me and I was missing some nice crunchy crisps as a treat so felt a bit disappointed when they showed up and I couldn't eat them. Oops. Oh well. I gave them away as our family has now gone grain free anyway and I'm told they were very nice, just not for me.

Rearguard for Rabbits 25ml
Rearguard for Rabbits 25ml
Offered by VetnPet
Price: 21.66

5.0 out of 5 stars I have worked with rescued rabbits for a decade. I would not use anything else., 16 May 2014
This review is from: Rearguard for Rabbits 25ml (Misc.)
Flystrike is about the most cruel thing for rabbit to be affected by and I must stress this product should be the very last line of defence against it. In the past I managed a busy rabbit rescue centre for over a decade and I remain a rabbit owner. I have never had a case of fly strike (except the ones bought in to the centre who had already been fly struck) because it is preventable. Good rabbit care should prevent your rabbit from becoming a victim and that means picking them up for regular checks, good diet and clean accommodation. Bottom line (excuse the pun) is that flies are not interested in clean, dry, fur on healthy rabbits living in spacious, well ventilated housing with fresh clean bedding. Flies are attracted to dirt, smell and excrement. So, if your rabbit has a dirty bottom, this is not normal and needs investigating. Nor is your rabbit 'lazy' or 'not bothering' to clean themselves as I have heard people say in the past. Rabbits are fastidiously clean animals, so not cleaning themselves requires attention.

Healthy rabbit poos come in 2 varieties. The first is crumbly hay filled sphere shaped droppings. The second are shiny sticky droppings bunched like tiny grapes. These are caecotrophs, which are the parts of the dropping normally reingested, eaten straight from their bottom. Ick, I know, but this a normal and healthy process for rabbits (and lots of other herbivores) called Copography. You would not usually see these poos. If these are not being ingested and are collecting around the anus causing a dirty bottom then one of 2 things is likely to be happening:
1) Too many caecotrophs are being produced. This usually happens when a rabbit is fed incorrectly and their gut bacteria is adversely affected by too much carbohydrate in the diet. Usually this means too much commercial rabbit food and not enough hay and grass. Rabbits do not actually need to be fed museli mix. Their teeth and digestive system is exactly the same as their wild cousins and you don't find many of those dying of starvation due to lack of a huge bowl of rabbit food! Rabbits are evolved to eat good quality fresh hay and grass and some green vegetables and this will result in healthy teeth and healthy digestion.
2) The rabbit cannot reach down to their bottom to collect the caecotrophs or to clean the area. This could be due to spinal arthritis, muscular pain, being overweight or possibly mouth/dental pain.

Either way, your rabbit needs to be reviewed by a vet to get to the root cause. In the meanwhile, if needed, the vet nurses can shave your rabbits back end to assist with keeping the fur and skin clean and dry.

All that said, there are times when a rabbit is ill with an infection, old, arthritic or impaired in some way, when they will need the protection this product offers while the underlying cause of their risk factor is dealt with. During those times, this is the product I use.

This product contains Cyromazine. This is disrupts the ability of flies eggs to form into lava/maggots thus preventing the damage and suffering of a full fly strike. I would not recommend certain cheaper products on the market which contain Ivermectin. Ivermectin is an anti parasitic agent which, while very effective against internal parasites and worms, will not PREVENT flystrike. Ivermectin may help control the maggots once they have entered the anus and actually started to destroy the rabbits flesh but I'm afraid I rather think this is too little too late in terms of prevention of suffering.

This product is money well spent if you have a rabbit at risk of fly strike while the underlying cause is treated or perhaps if you are leaving your rabbits with friends or relations while you are away and need the extra peace of mind this offers.

One tip, I have found the sponge applicator useless. So before you start transfer the liquid to an empty spray bottle. To apply, sit the bunny on your lap on a towel with his/her head facing your body and tuck their head gently under your elbow against your body so they cannot leap off and hurt themselves. Part the fur as you go and spray liberally at the skin, really soaking the fur all round the genitals and the tail and low back area. If you need to tip your bunny upside down and lay them over your arm in a "baby" hold while you apply to their under side please do not do this for very long. Although they will lay still while you do it, this is a 'play dead' response and is very stressful for the rabbit so do right them again as quickly as you can. It is normal for the rabbit to then try and groom themselves afterwards so some will be ingested. Not much you can do about that except apply on a nice warm day so it will dry faster. I have never had a rabbit suffer any adverse effects from grooming themselves with the product on them.

The Rearguard soaks into the skin and lasts for ages so even if you need to wash your rabbits bottom to keep it clean, the product is still effective.

Hope you have found this review helpful.

Buckwheat Sesame Crackers Gluten-Free
Buckwheat Sesame Crackers Gluten-Free
Offered by PureNature
Price: 2.09

2.0 out of 5 stars No sir, I didn't like 'em., 14 April 2014
Options are limited in the gluten free crackers department if you want to avoid grains. (Buckwheat is a seed, not a grain and nothing to do with actual wheat...all very confusing!) These are a) Tiny b) Hideously expensive for the number you get c) More than a little bit cardboardy.

I wanted to like them! Sorry!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7