Profile for DoYouHaveItInGreen > Reviews

(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Green People Company 75ml Organic Rosemary Deodorant Roll On
Green People Company 75ml Organic Rosemary Deodorant Roll On

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you free of whiffs, free of chemicals and no bunnies were hurt. What's not to like!?, 21 Jan 2014
Smell is fresh and gently herbal but not overpowering. I was concerned that a rosemary scent might make me smell like a walking roast potato, but it doesn't! Not sticky, dries quickly. Keeps me free of any nasty under arm niffs when running about after children. Good to know this is a "clean" product with no toxic chemicals to be absorbed into my skin (and not tested on animals as you'd expect from this brand) and the whole bottle can be recycled. Cheaper than Tisserand, which was why I chose it. I now have this on Subscribe and Save as part of a larger order so I save 15% too meaning it is a great price.

ROWALLAN COGNAC TAN LEATHER MESSENGER SHOULDER BAG - REDUCED
ROWALLAN COGNAC TAN LEATHER MESSENGER SHOULDER BAG - REDUCED

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality, gorgeous colour., 21 Jan 2014
I don't buy foreign leather as you cannot guarantee the welfare of the animals, especially at the point of slaughter. This is a Scottish product so it is good to be able to support a British company. Lovely tartan lining, excellent quality zips, stitching and buckles. Large enough to take my phone, small diary, purse, keys, packet of tissues and sunglasses. Adjustable strap so you can get the length right across your body so it is really comfortable too. I think this will last me years and years.

WOMENS WATERFALL CARDIGAN LONG SLEEVE LADIES BOLERO ONE SIZE ORANGE
WOMENS WATERFALL CARDIGAN LONG SLEEVE LADIES BOLERO ONE SIZE ORANGE

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality., 21 Jan 2014
The fabric on this cardigan is so thin that it is almost a mesh, it isn't a solid, close woven fabric so be aware that if you wear a darker colour underneath it will show through 100%. The edges are not finished with turned over hems, they are just stitched with an overlock stitching, this was inconsistent and in some areas did not cover the edge of the garment so that in time, the fabric would have frayed at the edges. In several areas there were long threads or extra rows of stitching dangling from the seams. The fabric was very creased and because it was so thin I wouldn't have felt confident ironing it. In addition, the colour was not as it displayed on my screen. I was expecting a kind of deep orange colour. What arrived was virtually a day-glo tangerine. Cheap item which is poor quality. Ho-hum. You get what you pay for I guess. I sent it back.

All Around Town Deluxe Boxed Cards  (Christmas Cards, Greeting Cards)
All Around Town Deluxe Boxed Cards (Christmas Cards, Greeting Cards)
by Peter Pauper Press Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for humanists., 21 Jan 2014
Love these cards. The picture of them doesn't do them justice. They have little gold highlights and a slightly raised design which really makes them look classy. Inside there is a non religious message of good wishes, making it ideal for humanist families or those who want to send winter greetings to all their friends, regardless of denomination. They come in a fabulous solid box which you can keep after you've used the cards, perhaps as a gift box or storage box. Lovely. Will buy again next year.

Liquid Ionic Minerals Magnesium (96 Servings at 100 mg Elemental - plus 2 mg fulvic acid)
Offered by GoodState

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope this might help anyone as confused as I was by magnesium formulations., 21 Jan 2014
I was SO confused about the different forms of magnesium, how they were absorbed, why some forms were absorbed better than others, if or why they were beneficial in different ways. Utter confusion! As far as I can tell, most of the other (tablet) forms of magnesium which you take orally are likely to be poorly absorbed as they need to be broken down in your gut and metabolized via your liver in order to present the magnesium in a form which your body cells can use. This is an inefficient process so any which cannot be converted/used gets flushed out (excuse the pun), hence the laxative effect which many experience (I did when taking magnesium glycinate!). In addition, calcium competes with magnesium for absorption and so too much calcium in the diet will block magnesium absorption. Our physiological requirement ratio for calcium to magnesium is about 2:1. In dairy products the ratio is 10:1. So, consuming a lot of dairy products (as our modern diets tend to, unfortunately) or a high dose calcium supplement will induce a magnesium deficiency. I was very surprised about this because we are all told to get plenty of calcium to help our bones and teeth but no-one ever tells you to take magnesium as well to prevent deficiency! No wonder we are probably all deficient!
Another problem with absorption is tea drinking as that contains tannin, which binds up and chelates all minerals including magnesium.

So...keen to avoid all this, I tried the magnesium chloride oil Better You Magnesium Oil Original Spray 100mlwhich you apply to your skin twice a day as there is good evidence that absorption through the skin is an effective way of sorting out a deficiency. However, the Better You website says this: "If you are Magnesium deficient you may feel a tingle or slight itch upon application of Magnesium. This is normal and is actually a sign of Magnesium deficiency. The tingling will reduce as you continue to use Magnesium." Well! A slight tingle is the under statement of the century! I felt like I wanted to scratch my skin clean off my bones for about half an hour after each application!! Realising this probably meant I am as deficient in magnesium as I suspected, I tried to stick with it but found I was putting the application off because it was so unpleasant to be itching and tingling like that, even when I diluted it.

Back to the drawing board.

I get that the issue here is about absorption. If you can present the magnesium to your body in a way which is ready to be used and absorbed at cellular level, you dont have the issue of malabsorption and poor bowel tolerance. After reading Dr Carolyn Deans website I was searching for an alternative to her more expensive "Remag" formula and struggling to understand if this Good State product was comparable.

Here is what I found out from Carolyn Deans website: "Magnesium enters the cells through channels 500 picometers wide (about 5 billionth of a meter). We normally rely on plants to break magnesium down to this size but some companies use a process that breaks magnesium down to picometer size. In my experience 100 mg of Pico-Ionic magnesium has the same beneficial effect as 5-10 times the other forms of magnesium." How does this compare to the Good State product? They say "The product contains Nano sized magnesium particles utilizing the latest Nano Mineral Technology. The magnesium particles are 0.1 nanometers in diameter, also known as 1 angstrom, giving you a product that is angstrom sized water soluble and completely absorbable." For those of you who don't know your angstroms from your nano particles from your picometers (and who does for goodness sake!?) a bit of googling tells me that the Angstrom sized particles in the Good State formulation are the equivalent of 100 picometers in size. 4 times smaller than the entry channels which Carolyn Dean refers to.

So, as far as I can see the "pico-ionic" magnesium which Carolyn Dean uses in her ReMag formula should be entirely comparable absorption rate wise, with the "angstrom sized" magnesium in the Good State formula as both are easily small enough to fit through the 500 picometer gap in the cells.

This product is a good deal cheaper than ReMag and I couldnt find a UK supplier, so I went with this instead. I really hope that helps anyone else out there who is finding the magnesium supplementation experience a bit of a brain strain!!
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2014 1:03 AM BST

Kilrock Big K Multi-Purpose Descaler 400ml
Kilrock Big K Multi-Purpose Descaler 400ml
Offered by Top Brand Discounts 4 u

5.0 out of 5 stars Be afraid, Limescale, be very afraid., 2 Jan 2014
Crikey, this stuff doesnt mess about. I wage a constant war on limescale in my bathroom and kitchen and bought this to try and get the stubborn watermarks off the glass shower screen. I nearly gassed myself putting my head in the shower cubicle while this was working! No kidding, this is clearly strong stuff, I probably should get a pack of masks to wear as you probably dont really want to be in an enclosed space with the fumes. Did an amazing job on the shower screen and round the plug hole and left my taps completely sparkling. Will buy again. Good value too. The bottle is marked down the side to show how much you need to descale an average kettle and you should get about 7-8 descales out of one bottle so if you are using it for kitchen and bathroom general cleaning you'll get loads of use from the bottle.

Jarrow Methylcobalamin B12, 5000mcg, 60 Vegetarian Lozenges (5000mcg, 60 Cherry Flavour Vegan Lozenges)
Offered by Chosen Vitamins (USA)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wowsers! Almost TOO effective, be careful!, 28 Nov 2013
I used these one per day, under my tongue to correct a B12 deficiency because of an underlying health problem. They do dissolve very slowly (over about half an hour) but they taste fine, quite pleasant actually. After 2 months my doctor checked my blood levels of B12 as I started to experience some headaches and palpitations and we werent sure why. Turned out my B12 levels were actually too high! B12 is a water soluable vitamin and the excess is fairly easily excreted so it wasn't a biggy (and the symptoms went within days of stopping them) but because I was taking this amount every single day, it was actually a bit too much for my body. Long and short of it, these are highly bioavailable and clearly very very effective because I went from deficiency to very high levels in just 8 weeks. So, do be careful. You may not need a dose this high just for maintenance but if correcting a diagnosed deficiency, for short term use, I'd highly recommend them. I've now stopped them and gone onto a B-complex which contains a lower level of this activated/methyl B12 alongside other activated B group vitamins. I trust Jarrow products. I take their probiotics and sacchromyces as well.

Jarrow Saccharomyces Boulardii Plus MOS (5 Billion per Capsule, 90 Capsules)
Jarrow Saccharomyces Boulardii Plus MOS (5 Billion per Capsule, 90 Capsules)
Offered by Nature's Remedies

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, 20 Nov 2013
This is a high quality product at a really excellent price. Can't fault it. I use several other Jarrow supplements too and they are a reputable company with high manufacturing standards as recommended to me by a nutritional therapist.

HealthAid ImmuProbio (50 billion) - 30 Vegicaps
HealthAid ImmuProbio (50 billion) - 30 Vegicaps

5.0 out of 5 stars Best out there in this price range., 20 Nov 2013
I have recently started taking probiotics along with saccromyces boullardi as part of a gut healing diet programme for autoimmune disease. Because I have been working with a nutritionist I had been made aware that not all probiotics are created equal and that to create real and lasting change to intestinal tract flora, big diet changces along with a very high number of pro and prebiotics need to make it past the stomach acid and bile processes during digestion. The reasons I consider these to be the best ones I could find are:
1) 50 BILLION live cells per capsule. This is a good high theraputic dose and because they are bile and acid resistant, they stand a good chance of getting to where they are needed.
2) A good and useful to the body mixture of bacterial strains with high levels of each type within the formulation.
3) They advise refrigeration once opened. This is a very good sign because high quality live cultures require refrigeration to maintain stability/life. Products which do not require refrigeration are not worth bothering with if you need theraputic (rather than maintenance) doses of live cultures. I would advise if you are buying in bulk you refrigerate as soon as they arrive, especially during summer months. The bottle does state that because of the unstable nature of the product, figures stated for live culture numbers can only be guaranteed correct at the point of manufacture and that is true for all probiotics but I guess I feel less concerned about a little bit of die-off since manufacture when there were 50 billion to start with than I would be if there had only been a few million to start with.
4) Low allergen formula free of inflammatory ingredients which would aggravate a leaky gut condition (such as dairy, gluten, corn etc products).
5) The addition of FOS which acts as "food" for the probiotic strains.

This is an AMAZING price for these. I have opted to subscribe to having them delivered once a month so I get an extra discount too and pay around £18 per month with free supersaver delivery. Check out many other online retailers of supplements charging around £10 more than the Amazon price, plus delivery, so you cannot argue with the value here. Doesn't surprise me that Amazon can do it at this price, what with their 'creative' UK company tax situation but it is hard to turn down a saving of £10 a month in my own pocket. Sigh. The moral maze.

The Immune System Recovery Plan: A Doctor's 4-Step Program to Treat Autoimmune Disease
by Mark Hyman

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for anyone struggling with autoimmunity., 15 Nov 2013
Great book which really helps you to get your head around autoimmunity and what you can do to support your body and find a road back to health. None of the suggestions for diet and lifestyle change in this book are massively extreme to my way of thinking now but I can see how if you are a cola, coffee, alcohol, carbs and sugar fuelled person (and we've all been there at one time, lets be honest), you will probably find what she is suggesting quite a full-on u-turn in the way you view food.

There are aspects of this book which are frustrating as a UK reader of a book written for an American audience, mainly because many of the tests and supplements mentioned are simply not available (or not easily available) in the UK. That said, this downside is easily compensated for by the good information contained in the rest of the book and if you can find a good nutritional therapist to work with, they can order many of the tests which your GP might scoff at anyway.

The recipes contained in the book were useful for me to get my head around how to include certain foods into my family meals too.

I recommend this book alongside Izabella Wentz Root Cause book if your specific autoimmune issue is Autoimmune Thyroid Disease.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7