Profile for DoYouHaveItInGreen > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Faith in Nature Grapefruit & Orange Foam Bath shower gel 400ml
Faith in Nature Grapefruit & Orange Foam Bath shower gel 400ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Zingy-licious!, 5 April 2014
A refreshing citrus zest blast, smells like real crushed fruit, without any of the heady over sweetened 'plastic fruit' scents of so many other brands. My favorite from this wonderful range of sensibly priced, no nasties, products.

Glamour Empire Ladies Warm Knitted Coat Long Wrap Cardigan 277, Blue Jeans
Glamour Empire Ladies Warm Knitted Coat Long Wrap Cardigan 277, Blue Jeans
Offered by Glamour Empire Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value item., 21 Jan. 2014
I am a 12/14 and it fits me nicely. I might move the button on the shoulder so it does up with the drape at the front a little higher. I like the fact you can roll the sleeves up or down and secure them there. Not a natural fabric, but doesn't go all static and make your hair stand on end when taking it on or off! I found it nice and warm with a long sleeved tee shirt underneath. Might order another colour actually. Very versatile as you can wear it open like a waterfall cardigan, done up on one side for a draped asymmetric look or done up completely for a warmer look with a cowl neck. Probably would work well for early pregnancy as well, although saying that, if you aren't pregnant, it wont make you look like you are!

Clean Gut: The Breakthrough Plan for Eliminating the Root Cause of Disease and Revolutionizing Your Health
by Alejandro Junger

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm. I'm on the fence on this one., 21 Jan. 2014
I guess it depends on where you are coming from and the level of understanding you already have about gut function and its role in health as to how useful you will find this book. If you are at the start of your gut healing journey, this has some good and clear explanations of where gut health fits in functional medicine and nutrition. I must be honest, I felt he waffled on too much about his own experience, driving things home a little too hard for my liking. I thought one example of each point would have been sufficient. I guess the problem is that some of what he was saying was relying on his on anecdotal evidence rather than scientific research so there is a need to offer plenty of background instead. Where there is not enough explanation is actually in the diet itself. He doesn't spend enough time explaining why some foods are in and some are out, the effects of sugars, what changes to expect physically and emotionally and how to tackle those with tweaks to the program etc all needed a bit more detail, in my opinion.
My view is that a more rounded introduction to this subject comes from Dr Susan Blum in her book The Immune System Recovery Plan. Both books are actually pretty complementary and if you don't feel the need to do anything really full-on like GAPS or body Ecology, Clean Gut will be a great way of setting you on a path to better health.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2015 8:24 AM GMT

Green People Company 75ml Organic Rosemary Deodorant Roll On
Green People Company 75ml Organic Rosemary Deodorant Roll On

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you free of whiffs, free of chemicals and no bunnies were hurt. What's not to like!?, 21 Jan. 2014
Smell is fresh and gently herbal but not overpowering. I was concerned that a rosemary scent might make me smell like a walking roast potato, but it doesn't! Not sticky, dries quickly. Keeps me free of any nasty under arm niffs when running about after children. Good to know this is a "clean" product with no toxic chemicals to be absorbed into my skin (and not tested on animals as you'd expect from this brand) and the whole bottle can be recycled. Cheaper than Tisserand, which was why I chose it. I now have this on Subscribe and Save as part of a larger order so I save 15% too meaning it is a great price.

ROWALLAN COGNAC TAN LEATHER MESSENGER SHOULDER BAG - REDUCED
ROWALLAN COGNAC TAN LEATHER MESSENGER SHOULDER BAG - REDUCED

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality, gorgeous colour., 21 Jan. 2014
I don't buy foreign leather as you cannot guarantee the welfare of the animals, especially at the point of slaughter. This is a Scottish product so it is good to be able to support a British company. Lovely tartan lining, excellent quality zips, stitching and buckles. Large enough to take my phone, small diary, purse, keys, packet of tissues and sunglasses. Adjustable strap so you can get the length right across your body so it is really comfortable too. I think this will last me years and years.

WOMENS WATERFALL CARDIGAN LONG SLEEVE LADIES BOLERO ONE SIZE ORANGE
WOMENS WATERFALL CARDIGAN LONG SLEEVE LADIES BOLERO ONE SIZE ORANGE
Offered by DivaDames

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality., 21 Jan. 2014
The fabric on this cardigan is so thin that it is almost a mesh, it isn't a solid, close woven fabric so be aware that if you wear a darker colour underneath it will show through 100%. The edges are not finished with turned over hems, they are just stitched with an overlock stitching, this was inconsistent and in some areas did not cover the edge of the garment so that in time, the fabric would have frayed at the edges. In several areas there were long threads or extra rows of stitching dangling from the seams. The fabric was very creased and because it was so thin I wouldn't have felt confident ironing it. In addition, the colour was not as it displayed on my screen. I was expecting a kind of deep orange colour. What arrived was virtually a day-glo tangerine. Cheap item which is poor quality. Ho-hum. You get what you pay for I guess. I sent it back.

All Around Town Deluxe Boxed Cards  (Christmas Cards, Greeting Cards)
All Around Town Deluxe Boxed Cards (Christmas Cards, Greeting Cards)
by Peter Pauper Press Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for humanists., 21 Jan. 2014
Love these cards. The picture of them doesn't do them justice. They have little gold highlights and a slightly raised design which really makes them look classy. Inside there is a non religious message of good wishes, making it ideal for humanist families or those who want to send winter greetings to all their friends, regardless of denomination. They come in a fabulous solid box which you can keep after you've used the cards, perhaps as a gift box or storage box. Lovely. Will buy again next year.

Liquid Ionic Minerals Magnesium (96 Servings at 100 mg Elemental - plus 2 mg fulvic acid)
Offered by GoodState

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope this might help anyone as confused as I was by magnesium formulations., 21 Jan. 2014
I was SO confused about the different forms of magnesium, how they were absorbed, why some forms were absorbed better than others, if or why they were beneficial in different ways. Utter confusion! As far as I can tell, most of the other (tablet) forms of magnesium which you take orally are likely to be poorly absorbed as they need to be broken down in your gut and metabolized via your liver in order to present the magnesium in a form which your body cells can use. This is an inefficient process so any which cannot be converted/used gets flushed out (excuse the pun), hence the laxative effect which many experience (I did when taking magnesium glycinate!). In addition, calcium competes with magnesium for absorption and so too much calcium in the diet will block magnesium absorption. Our physiological requirement ratio for calcium to magnesium is about 2:1. In dairy products the ratio is 10:1. So, consuming a lot of dairy products (as our modern diets tend to, unfortunately) or a high dose calcium supplement will induce a magnesium deficiency. I was very surprised about this because we are all told to get plenty of calcium to help our bones and teeth but no-one ever tells you to take magnesium as well to prevent deficiency! No wonder we are probably all deficient!
Another problem with absorption is tea drinking as that contains tannin, which binds up and chelates all minerals including magnesium.

So...keen to avoid all this, I tried the magnesium chloride oil Better You Magnesium Oil Original Spray 100mlwhich you apply to your skin twice a day as there is good evidence that absorption through the skin is an effective way of sorting out a deficiency. However, the Better You website says this: "If you are Magnesium deficient you may feel a tingle or slight itch upon application of Magnesium. This is normal and is actually a sign of Magnesium deficiency. The tingling will reduce as you continue to use Magnesium." Well! A slight tingle is the under statement of the century! I felt like I wanted to scratch my skin clean off my bones for about half an hour after each application!! Realising this probably meant I am as deficient in magnesium as I suspected, I tried to stick with it but found I was putting the application off because it was so unpleasant to be itching and tingling like that, even when I diluted it.

Back to the drawing board.

I get that the issue here is about absorption. If you can present the magnesium to your body in a way which is ready to be used and absorbed at cellular level, you dont have the issue of malabsorption and poor bowel tolerance. After reading Dr Carolyn Deans website I was searching for an alternative to her more expensive "Remag" formula and struggling to understand if this Good State product was comparable.

Here is what I found out from Carolyn Deans website: "Magnesium enters the cells through channels 500 picometers wide (about 5 billionth of a meter). We normally rely on plants to break magnesium down to this size but some companies use a process that breaks magnesium down to picometer size. In my experience 100 mg of Pico-Ionic magnesium has the same beneficial effect as 5-10 times the other forms of magnesium." How does this compare to the Good State product? They say "The product contains Nano sized magnesium particles utilizing the latest Nano Mineral Technology. The magnesium particles are 0.1 nanometers in diameter, also known as 1 angstrom, giving you a product that is angstrom sized water soluble and completely absorbable." For those of you who don't know your angstroms from your nano particles from your picometers (and who does for goodness sake!?) a bit of googling tells me that the Angstrom sized particles in the Good State formulation are the equivalent of 100 picometers in size. 4 times smaller than the entry channels which Carolyn Dean refers to.

So, as far as I can see the "pico-ionic" magnesium which Carolyn Dean uses in her ReMag formula should be entirely comparable absorption rate wise, with the "angstrom sized" magnesium in the Good State formula as both are easily small enough to fit through the 500 picometer gap in the cells.

This product is a good deal cheaper than ReMag and I couldnt find a UK supplier, so I went with this instead. I really hope that helps anyone else out there who is finding the magnesium supplementation experience a bit of a brain strain!!
Comment Comments (18) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2015 2:50 PM BST

Kilrock Big K Multi-Purpose Descaler 400ml
Kilrock Big K Multi-Purpose Descaler 400ml
Offered by Supermodel Hair

5.0 out of 5 stars Be afraid, Limescale, be very afraid., 2 Jan. 2014
Crikey, this stuff doesnt mess about. I wage a constant war on limescale in my bathroom and kitchen and bought this to try and get the stubborn watermarks off the glass shower screen. I nearly gassed myself putting my head in the shower cubicle while this was working! No kidding, this is clearly strong stuff, I probably should get a pack of masks to wear as you probably dont really want to be in an enclosed space with the fumes. Did an amazing job on the shower screen and round the plug hole and left my taps completely sparkling. Will buy again. Good value too. The bottle is marked down the side to show how much you need to descale an average kettle and you should get about 7-8 descales out of one bottle so if you are using it for kitchen and bathroom general cleaning you'll get loads of use from the bottle.

Jarrow Methylcobalamin B12, 5000mcg, 60 Vegetarian Lozenges (5000mcg, 60 Cherry Flavour Vegan Lozenges)
Offered by fly eagle

5.0 out of 5 stars Wowsers! Almost TOO effective, be careful!, 28 Nov. 2013
I used these one per day, under my tongue to correct a B12 deficiency because of an underlying health problem. They do dissolve very slowly (over about half an hour) but they taste fine, quite pleasant actually. After 2 months my doctor checked my blood levels of B12 as I started to experience some headaches and palpitations and we werent sure why. Turned out my B12 levels were actually too high! B12 is a water soluable vitamin and the excess is fairly easily excreted so it wasn't a biggy (and the symptoms went within days of stopping them) but because I was taking this amount every single day, it was actually a bit too much for my body. Long and short of it, these are highly bioavailable and clearly very very effective because I went from deficiency to very high levels in just 8 weeks. So, do be careful. You may not need a dose this high just for maintenance but if correcting a diagnosed deficiency, for short term use, I'd highly recommend them. I've now stopped them and gone onto a B-complex which contains a lower level of this activated/methyl B12 alongside other activated B group vitamins. I trust Jarrow products. I take their probiotics and sacchromyces as well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8