Profile for avid reader > Reviews

Content by avid reader

avid reader (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Voberry® 1PC Sexy Women Bohemia Lace Crochet Hollow Bikini Cover Up Swimwear Beach Dress (Blue)
Offered by DDLBusiness

4.0 out of 5 stars Go Large!, 28 Jun. 2016
Now I see the cut of the top I realise going larger would have been a good idea. As it is I have chosen the correct size but it just doesn't convey the same loose, floaty gathered look as in the picture. It looks a bit boxy, straight up and down without any shape or flow. That said the fabric is a light cheesecake type cloth, the colours are good if you bear in mind the light blue parts in the picture are more of a grey in reality, and considering the complexity of attaching loose, open, quite chunky cotton lace to a delicate cloth, the construction is pretty good.

Porsche Design - The Essence Set - 80ml EDT + 200ml Shower Gel
Porsche Design - The Essence Set - 80ml EDT + 200ml Shower Gel
Offered by Onlinestore-John

5.0 out of 5 stars Went down very well as a gift., 28 Jun. 2016
Bought as a pressie for a Porsche fan. He loved it.

Seago Classic Automatic Life Jacket - 180N - Red/Navy
Seago Classic Automatic Life Jacket - 180N - Red/Navy
Offered by STRAIGHT2YOU

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal., 28 Jun. 2016
A gloriously lightweight self inflating jacket which, unlike many others, has a crotch strap. Bags of adjustment to cope with wearing t-shirts to full wet weather gear. Easy to move about in and nothing to catch on anything. Perfect for coastal sailing.

Airedale Terrier Use Lying Dog Plush Toy Dog Plush Toy 41 cm
Airedale Terrier Use Lying Dog Plush Toy Dog Plush Toy 41 cm
Offered by Habich Versand

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, 28 Jun. 2016
Very well made and authentic right down to the 'trim' with shorter coat and longer furnishings on the face and legs. Looks so much like one of my Welshies it's spooky!

ROPALIA Womens Sleeveless Silk Chiffon Slit Dress Pattern Beach Dress Sundresses
Offered by UKSilvercell

4.0 out of 5 stars A good summer frock., 28 Jun. 2016
I'm a size 10 normally and I ordered a size 14. It fits fine across the shoulders and the hem is just above my ankles (I'm 5'4") the fit is loose and comfortable without looking baggy or slack. The neckline is good too. If you want to cinch in the waist it comes with a thin black plaited rope belt. Alternatively the construction and pattern is such that you could get away with taking it in on the side seams to give the waist a little more shape. I like the fabric, very soft and floaty, it has an adequate half lining in black and when I wore it out it drew admiring comments, it is very unusual and the colours are great - exactly like the picture. Wish it had a bit more shape but that I can fix myself. A bargain for the price but expect to wait a long time for delivery. The
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bosch PHD5987GB Brilliant Care Keratin Advance Hair Dryer - White
Bosch PHD5987GB Brilliant Care Keratin Advance Hair Dryer - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly good., 2 Jun. 2016
Almost as powerful as my last dryer which my husband begged me to replace as he reckond it got hot enough to weld with! Wish the lead was a tad longer though.

Sperry Top-Sider Leo Bahama, Women's Boat Shoes, Green, 6 UK
Sperry Top-Sider Leo Bahama, Women's Boat Shoes, Green, 6 UK
Offered by de-schuhe AGB-Widerrufsbelehrung

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, very comfy right out of the box., 2 Jun. 2016
I have narrow feet and these do seem to have a narrow fitting which suits me fine. The quality is great and I love the colour. So nice to find sailing gear for women that isn't either navy blue or rediculous baby colours!

Double Bed European Map Photographic Print Duvet Cover Bed & 2 Pillowcases Set
Double Bed European Map Photographic Print Duvet Cover Bed & 2 Pillowcases Set
Offered by Price-Right-Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 2 Jun. 2016
Washes well, colours are pretty true to the photo. Lovely packaging. Will look great on my boat, fabric is thin so dries quickly after washing which is handy. I'm very happy!

Qudos Marketing Cermalon Saucepan Set, Green, 5-Piece
Qudos Marketing Cermalon Saucepan Set, Green, 5-Piece
Offered by Kitchenways

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously impressed., 25 May 2016
For the first ceramic pan I ever got I read reams of reviews and carefully compared write-ups, agonised for days then plumped for a pan that was middle of the range but had good reviews. After three uses I've had to resign myself to cooking around the edges as the middle has risen up slightly.
This set are for a boat so will only see occasional use, therefore my plan was to go cheap and cheerful. The main reason I chose these was quite simply the colour. The largest pan is too big for the stove on the boat so I added it to my pans at home. Having used it a few times now I can say for certain that it knocks the more expensive ceramic into a cocked hat. It behaves perfectly.

Vintage Antique style Toilet roll Holder solid Brass wall mounted Loo paper dispenser
Offered by Chattels

5.0 out of 5 stars like it!, 25 May 2016
Well made item. There is plenty of overlap with the ends of the wooden roller so unlikely to fall off by accident. I particularly like that it's not the horrible glaring yellow brass thats around these days, nor that brushed variety that looks like plastic. It's also been lacquered.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14