Profile for Rosemary > Reviews

Content by Rosemary

Rosemary "rosemary"

Page: 1 | 2
Wedding House-Beach Wedding Dresses One Shoulder Ivory/White Wedding Dresses MS130204
Offered by Wedding House
Price: 112.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Beach Wedding Dress, 12 Aug 2013
This dress is entirely stunning on. It is made from flowing chiffon and drapes beautifully - also covering up the bits you might not like so much (stomach - ahem!). Really pleased I ordered this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2013 2:40 PM BST

Suet Fat Ball Feeder 10"
Suet Fat Ball Feeder 10"
Offered by SHINE_UMBRELLA
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: Suet Fat Ball Feeder 10"
This fat ball bird feeder has plenty of room to fit the fat balls in the top as the lid moves right up and out of the way to replenish the food. The birds can't get enough of it!

Gardman Border Hook 1m
Gardman Border Hook 1m
Offered by Crowders
Price: 5.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 12 Feb 2013
What can I say about this product?! It does the job, looks very smart and the birds now flock to my garden! Very pleased!

HAXNICKS GARDEN MAYPOLE
HAXNICKS GARDEN MAYPOLE

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks very smart!, 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: HAXNICKS GARDEN MAYPOLE
I intend to grow runner beans for the first time this year and I thought this maypole would be a decorative addition to my garden. It fits together easily (although the poles don't actually screw together so they are quite loose) but once you have the strings attached, they do act as stabilisers. I must say it looks very smart in garden and i'm looking forward to lots of beans in the summer!

500g Citric Acid (Best Quality)
500g Citric Acid (Best Quality)
Offered by Intralabs
Price: 4.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for descaling kettles!, 12 Feb 2013
I bought this after realising that the expensive descaling product that I favoured was just citric acid! So, I half filled the kettle with water and boiled it. Weighed out 75g/2.5oz of the citric acid and poured it into the kettle (it fizzed beautifully!), then after 30 minutes my kettle was gleaming again! I hasten to add that I did rinse, repeat and boil several times before using the kettle again.

Its a great product at a fraction of the price of the branded stuff!

Yap Peluchi Giraffe Oval Pet Bed, 18 inch
Yap Peluchi Giraffe Oval Pet Bed, 18 inch
Price: 20.38

5.0 out of 5 stars My cat loves this 18" bed!, 4 Jan 2013
I initially bought the 22" bed for my cat as a lot of the reviews said the 18" bed was too small for their adult cats. Actually I found the 22" bed far too large for my 9 year old, slightly overweight (according to the vet!) cat and therefore I re-purchased in the 18" size which has proved to be a big hit. On colder days she jumps into it and purrs really loudly while kneading the lovely soft fur. She'll then turn around at least 8 times (as they do!) before finally curling up into a ball and sleeping very soundly.

To all those cat owners who are not sure which size bed to go for, then the yardstick I would use is if your cat likes to sleep curled up being hugged by fur, then the 18" bed is a good one to go for. My only disappointment with it is that it's actually a dog bed so has a dog logo! Harrumph!

Rubber Pet Hair Hand Brush Furniture Floor Sweeper
Rubber Pet Hair Hand Brush Furniture Floor Sweeper
Offered by Aaron Chemicals Ltd
Price: 3.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 4 Jan 2013
I was initially disappointed with this brush as it arrived in packaging that squashed the lower bristles, rendering that part of the brush useless. That aside, I have used it on my cat beds and it does pick up the hairs so it does what its supposed too. However, I'm not sure how long it will last given the very soft bristles.

The Snowman [DVD]
The Snowman [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Auty
Offered by b68solutions
Price: 3.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling mutilation of a beautifully illustrated classic film, 13 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Snowman [DVD] (DVD)
The Snowman is a beautifully illustrated classic film so what on earth has been done to it?! You can find the original introduction with David Bowie under "Extra Features" and "Alternative Introduction". Firstly, how CAN they call it an alternative introduction - it's the original!! I never liked the "Father Christmas" film so was hugely disappointed to see they have Father Christmas introducing it instead of David Bowie. The other thing is that if you choose the alternative introduction it cuts off just as the films starts!!! So, you have back up to the main menu to choose the Father Christmas introduction so you can watch the whole film! And, totally agree with the other reviewers - the film has been chopped top and bottom so heads are cut off.

If you know and love the original Snowman don't buy this so called special edition DVD. However, if you are introducing your kids to The Snowman they won't know any different!

80 Gb Digital Set top Box With Hard Disc Recorder
80 Gb Digital Set top Box With Hard Disc Recorder

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, not perfect, but it does the job, 10 Nov 2009
I gave up my Sky HD box for this reconditioned Freeview box as the Sky subscription was getting too expensive, so it had a lot to live up too!

The Pro's are:-

Pause Live TV.
Series Link.
Two programmes can record at same time.
HDD very quiet - no aeroplane taking off noise when it starts up!
Can choose what time it updates, so if it is in your bedroom you can choose a more social hour that it's going to stoke up the hard drive if you're a light sleeper!
Plenty of recording space.
The unit itself, albeit reconditioned, looks in perfect condition.
16x fast forward (although my box has crashed on occasion using this function)

The Con's are:-

Batteries dead in remote control upon arrival.
Asda box was battered and torn upon arrival and taped up with brown tape.
Keeps losing the series linked programmes. One minute its in your `Timer' menu and the next it has disappeared. This happens with programmes that are on the same time same day each week.
Remote control is very unresponsive even with new batteries. I have to press each button about 4 times before it responds.
When a programme has been watched from your `record list' it doesn't say `viewed'.
Tends to cut off the beginning of programmes on occasion.

Overall though, the box has been value for money so if you are contemplating giving up Sky and you won't die if you miss the odd series linked programme, then buy this box!

Hotties Microhottie Microwave Hot Water Bottle - Pink Polyester Fleece
Hotties Microhottie Microwave Hot Water Bottle - Pink Polyester Fleece
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 25 Sep 2009
I've had one of these hotties before (previous one was bought from Tesco) and it lasted for about 4 years until I overheated it one night and it leaked! Whoops! Anyway, bought this one to replace it and it's wonderful. Don't listen to the reviews that say it only stays warm for 2 hours. I heated mine up when I went to bed at 10pm and it was still warm 4 hours later when I woke up. It needed a top up at that point but I think 4 hours is fab!

Of course, do bear in mind that you keep each other warm! If you heat it up and then leave it on the side or on something cold then its going to get cold fairly quickly, but if you are hugging it then it stays warm for longer.

Its a bonus that its pretty in pink, my other one was a nasty dirty cream colour!

Can't praise it enough, invaluable for soothing those monthly cramps, ladies you know what im talking about! And of course great if you just want it to cosy up with on a cold evening.

Buy it, its worth every penny (or pound!).

Page: 1 | 2