Profile for Cleopatra > Reviews

ghd IV Pastel Styler, Lavender
Price: 110.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for short or fine hair, 22 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've always been curious about GHD straighteners due to the hype that surrounds them. As well as being a lovely shade of lilac they are sleek and easy to use. The power cord is very long, allowing you freedom to move around. The plates heat up and cool down quickly. There is simply an on/off button...that's it. There is no temperature gauge which personally is something that I like.

Whilst these straighteners are nice in theory, they are not for me. Personally I find that the plates are just too small for my hair. If you have fine or short hair then I imagine that they would be perfect. If however you have thick and long hair, you may want to go for straighteners with a bigger plate unless you have the time to kill.

Tefal FV9910 Freemove Cordless Steam Iron
Tefal FV9910 Freemove Cordless Steam Iron
Price: 89.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good steam iron at a good price, 18 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This steam iron is actually pretty nice. I normally buy steam generators as I find steam irons to be slow and lacking in power, yet I was pleasantly surprised to find that this one was actually pretty powerful for what it is. The iron slots onto the base easily, but due to the shape of the base and the back of the iron, you cannot stand the iron up on a board. Personally I find this a little annoying but considering the iron needs to charge constantly to maintain its power, I suppose it is for the best. It doesn't have the chip technology of more expensive irons that detect the fabric and adjust their settings accordingly, but for the price I think I can manage to turn a knob on my own.

BitDefender AntiVirus Plus 2013 - 1 User 1 Year
BitDefender AntiVirus Plus 2013 - 1 User 1 Year
Price: 18.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but slows down my PC, 18 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like the BitDefender product. It's easy to install, easy to use, and seems to protect my computer well. The only issue is that it really slows down my machine which isn't great considering that my laptop does not have many things on it. On the plus side the software keeps itself to itself and doesn't require anything from me.

Slim Fast Mocha Shake - 325 ml (Pack of 6 Shakes)
Slim Fast Mocha Shake - 325 ml (Pack of 6 Shakes)
Price: 6.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice tasting product to help you achieve your goals, 18 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In comparison to a McDonalds milkshake this isn't great, but I guess that's one of the reasons it's better for you. Don't get me wrong it's actually quite nice but think more along the lines of Nesquik in texture and taste. It's not easy to substitute meals and/or snacks for healthy alternatives, especially if you feel ravenous, but the Slim Fast products do work if you are determined enough to follow through with your side of the bargain.

Peppersmith tingz 100% xylitol sweets - Orange and Mandarin 15 g (Pack of 18, Total 450 Sweets)
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely tasty, 18 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These Tingz taste similar to Orange tictacs. They are only 36cal per bag and are perfect to occupy cravings, whether that be food or cigarettes. I found them to be extremely tasty, and with plenty in a pack they are well worth the money.

Alpen Fruit & Nuts Trail Bar 48g (Pack of 12 bars)
Alpen Fruit & Nuts Trail Bar 48g (Pack of 12 bars)
Price: 8.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly tasty, 18 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This trail bar provides a tasty snack that is relatively filling. I normally indulge in the yogurt and fruit bars which are very tasty yet full of air. In comparison this bar fills you up for longer.

Philips PerfectCare Pure GC7635/30 Steam Generator Iron - One Perfect Temperature - 240g Pressurised Steam Boost
Price: 154.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 21 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This steam generator iron is great. It's small and lightweight yet extremely effective at getting rid of those creases. As most modern day steam generators now have, it has a smart chip that detects the fabric you are ironing and the iron adjusts it's own temperature accordingly.

One of the main things I like about this generator is that it uses calcification cartridges. I know that many people prefer auto calc, but I have never found them very effective and ultimately end up throwing the iron away because it becomes unusable.

Slim Fast Meal Bar Chocolate Crunch - 60 g (Pack of 4)
Slim Fast Meal Bar Chocolate Crunch - 60 g (Pack of 4)
Price: 4.98

3.0 out of 5 stars They're ok, 21 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These bars are relatively big, about the size of 3 cereal bars in one, and covered in chocolate chips...so I had high hopes. Initially I thought that the bar was quite tasty, surprisingly so, but after eating about half a bar it started to taste a little cardboard-ish to me...not so tasty.

Fine as an emergency back up snack in my drawer at work but not something I would choose out of a selection. Considering that each bar is 210 calories, I would prefer to have something a little tastier yet healthy.

Alpen Light Lemon Drizzle Bars 19 g (Pack of 5)
Alpen Light Lemon Drizzle Bars 19 g (Pack of 5)
Price: 9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Another tasty Alpen bar, 14 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been buying Alpen bars for quite some time and really enjoy the new addition of Lemon Drizzle. The lemon is subtle yet extremely tasty. The bar is chewy but not too chewy that it gets stuck in your teeth.

A nice addition to an already tasty Alpen bar range.

Almo Nature Rouge Dry with Chicken 750 g
Almo Nature Rouge Dry with Chicken 750 g
Price: 7.90

4.0 out of 5 stars The cats say yes!, 14 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The cats seem to enjoy this, but then to be honest they like anything expensive and new. Maybe it is the higher percentage of meat in these biscuits or maybe they are just tired of the Purina One and Iams, but they absolutely love this food and devour every biscuit.

As expected with more expensive food, the bag is resealable to lock in that meaty freshness.

This is however only a supplementary food, and it is recommended that this only make up 40% of your cat's intake next to 60% wet food. This makes it somewhat less appealing as a long time purchase as one of my cats often puts himself onto a biscuit only diet for weeks at a time.

A nice addition to meal times, but not recommended to have alone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16