Shop now Shop Now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for L. Cobham > Reviews

Content by L. Cobham

L. Cobham (Lancashire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Timex Sport Ironman Fullsize Multi-function Triathlon 30 Lap - T5E931
Timex Sport Ironman Fullsize Multi-function Triathlon 30 Lap - T5E931
Offered by Kay's Watch Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 7 Jun. 2013
I wanted a cheap watch to use for swimming as I'm short sighted and can't see the clock in the pool so I needed a watch with a viewable face. I got the watch on special offer so it only cost £26 which was a real bargain.

The watch is a regular sized affair that you see in shops but the time is slightly larger than most which is perfect for swimming. It says in the instructions that you can't push the buttons while it's underwater as water will get into the watch but I'm too busy swimming to do that.

If you've owned an IronMan before you may have got a chest strap for measuring heart rate but this model doesn't come with that piece of kit. I have had an Ironman watch before that cost close to £70 but it broke after a year of use in the gym so I'm hoping that this one lasts longer. I'll be contacting Timex if it doesn't. I've only had the watch for about 4 weeks now but it's great so far.

Introducing Aesthetics: A Graphic Guide
Introducing Aesthetics: A Graphic Guide
by Christopher Want

3.0 out of 5 stars Really wanted to love it, 14 May 2013
Have you ever started a review only to find you have umpteen different viewpoints? This is one of them. On the one hand I love the design of the book and the idea of illustrating the difficult subject matter to make it easier to follow but I just didn't find this worked. But maybe I just need to have a re-read of the book again to get a second chance to grasp some of the content. I'm not a big reader of different philosophies. I simply wanted to understand this philosophy of what makes things beautiful or interesting to look at. I didn't really get that.
If you've got this far you're probably thinking I haven't helped much. You'd be right. I'd suggest giving it blast anyway. Especially if it's on offer? Save a few crinklies in the wallet! Which is aesthetically pleasing to see! HA!

Two Mousquetaires
Two Mousquetaires

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy James Brown, 27 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Two Mousquetaires (Audio CD)
If you imagine James Brown had a backing band that were into heavy rock then you'll start to get an idea of what you're getting here. Raucous, fun and supremely funky. If you sit still through this then you are to be considered clinically dead. For fans of funk rock such as electric boys, extreme, kingofthehill, red hot chili peppers, 24/7 spyz, primus, fishbone, living colour, infectious grooves, nuclear rabbit et al.
The only flaw with the album is the spoken tracks at the end of the album. They're in French (no complaint there, they're a French band) but the album crumbles to a stop. All that funky fun ruined. They did it on the last album as well with the guy from fishbone. MP3 the album and delete the last tracks - fixed!

CaseCrown Lux Glider Case (Black Obsidian) for Apple iPhone 4 / 4S
CaseCrown Lux Glider Case (Black Obsidian) for Apple iPhone 4 / 4S

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good case, 14 Feb. 2013
It's a simple black, soft touch case for iPhone. What else can I tell you...erm, fits on iPhone 4 and 4S. I'm using it now to do this review in fact... although not just the case obviously, the iPhone is fit snugly inside the black, soft touch case...which is simple really. Oh, and it fits snugly around the old iPhone with no gaps. Hey, it was easy to put on as well you know. Oh yes, slide it here, slide it there, squeeze it together and bobs your uncle a nice black, soft touch overcoat for mr apple expensive! I tell you what, have a gander at the photos at the top. Bloody iPhone is costing me a small fortune mind! I can't leave it's like crack! Looks fine in its black, soft touch finery though. Yep. Right, I'll be off then. Thankyou for reading ...oh you've gone. On my own. Ahem.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Just because it's Apple doesn't mean it's good., 23 Dec. 2012
I'm going to give a very different review from everyone else here. The name is misleading for a start. There are no channels in this little black box. It simply attaches to your TV for multimedia purposes.
The little black box itself is beautifully designed by jonathan Ive again like all other Apple products. Very understated and classy. Setup is easy and requires very little knowledge to get up and running. If you're after viewing photos, listening to music through your TV and watching Youtube, Netflicks and very expensive movie rentals through iTunes Store then this could actually be a five star review for you.
I wasn't after this!
I'm signed up to LoveFilm and, I'll admit, I wanted Apple TV to stream Lovefilm stuff. Forget it if you are. It doesn't work through ipad, iphone, imac or anything else. Apple TV is useless with it. Yes, I could change to Netflicks but I'm happy with Lovefilm.
I also watch quite a bit of 4OD. Forget it. Apple TV doesn't speak to that either although BBCiplayer and the ITV one does as well.
Here's another thing. Do you want to mirror your films through an i-pad/phone/mac product? You can! Wow, it actually does something right. But wait a tick, £99 to do this! It doesn't play avi or DivX either. It's starting to slip again isn't it! I own an LCD TV that has limited internet and USB ports. I simply download movies to a memory stick and plug it in. It was £16 for the stick! If your TV doesn't have this then maybe the ATV is for you. If you own an iMac then you can download Vuze for free which streams movies to your TV. Costs nothing. Do you want to record stuff? Forget it. Doesn't do it.
Here's the real nail in the coffin. A load of my normal TV channels stopped working. I re-scanned for channels again and found only 19 TV channels. I unplugged the Apple TV and found 70 something. Case closed!
I wrapped it up and sent it back within half a day. It's an expensive little toy. Don't get me wrong, I own an iMac, iPhone, iPod and Macbook. I like Mac products but I do know when Apple are being misleading with people. They have released a product that is very limited. It could be better and will probably get better but I'll wait for that day.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2012 1:52 PM GMT

Flymo Scirocco Electric Garden Blower Vacuum with Shredding Ratio 10:1, 3000 W, 200 Kmph

1.0 out of 5 stars Blower/Sucker/CLOGGER!, 24 Nov. 2012
An old Flymo vacuum friend died just recently so I decided to replace old faithful with his powerfully named young son: Scirocco! With this saharan hurricane speed monikered, tango coloured beauty I attacked the soggy leaf monsters that adorned my lawn. WHOOSH! Goodbye you rotting brown devils, never darken my carefully snipped grass again! Onwards and forwards, I sucked away. WHIIIINE! What is up my rusty hued sidekick? "Imf flobbed upf", it garbled! Investigation revealed a rather bad problem. Old Scirocco doesn't swallow very well! He chews like a teenager with a pie fetish but swallowing is likened to a forty year old with a hangover and a bad stomach. Not happening! Removal of the tube was easy enough (screwy thing) but you'll be unclogging old windy enough to render him useless. It's a sad fact that Flymo Scirocco should be re-named the flymo belch! Hard earned nelson eddies refunded, I now search the vast shopping aisles for the champion sucker!

Integral Splash Flash Drive USB 2.0 with Software for MacOS9 or Windows 32GB Black Ref INFD32GBSPLBK

5.0 out of 5 stars A lickle beauty!, 18 Sept. 2012
I've been using the splash for a couple of weeks now in my car as a music player and it's doing a sterling job. Music transferred to the drive in a decent enough time and there have been no problems. Erm...not a lot you can say about these things is there, erm...oh yes, the drive comes with a little chain that has a square rubber bit on the end where you can store the cap off the top of the drive. so, er, um...let me think...what else is's a lovely day isn't it?...blimey...oh, the whole thing is cased in rubber...makes it nice and bouncy. So..I think that's the lot then. Righty then, I'm off to watch some telly, maybe have a pack of crisps! Or a choccy bar. And a Coke.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2013 12:52 PM GMT

Walking Into Clarksdale
Walking Into Clarksdale

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love it!!!, 18 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Walking Into Clarksdale (Audio CD)
If you go into this CD expecting more Led Zeppelin then you need to lie down with a cup of tea and cry yourself into a slumber because Led Zep are no more. This is different, simple as that. BUT, it's also a fantastic and mature listen that gets better the more you lash it in to the CD player. If that sounds like you then you'd better get an MP3 player coz CD's are old hat! This album is an absolute beauty from start to finish with an eclectic run of numbers. Old percy plantation isn't afraid to try things out and he's doing it again here but with that rock edge still there unlike his solo efforts that can be a little bit disco at times. I won't run through the different tracks coz other reviewers have already dun that. You can get the CD for dead cheap now anyway so if you don't like it (waddareyou deaf) then you haven't wasted a load of crinklies on it. marvellous.

Death Defying Unicorn
Death Defying Unicorn

5.0 out of 5 stars PROG ORCHESTRATED PERFECTION!, 4 July 2012
This review is from: Death Defying Unicorn (Audio CD)
I'd never heard Motorpsycho about a month ago but now this album is becoming a firm favourite. I can't stop listening to it. The amalgamation of prog-metal and orchestra is seamless, creating a soundtrack to the fantastic story that accompanies the diverse sounds on offer. Don't expect a Deep Purple, Metallica type affair here where normal metal tracks are shoe-horned into orchestrated pieces; this is unforced and natural sounding and completely surreal in a King Crimson style at times. It took a few turns of the stylus to eventually 'get' the album but then it hit me like a steam train. There is a strong bass sound throughout the album which lays a mesmerising groove that gets into your head.
This is a very jazzy album meaning this is no easy listen but if you stick with it you'll be heavily rewarded. There are times when the music is atonal (thanks Hemi, other reviewer) but this is the soundtrack nature of the album, laying a feel and an atmosphere. Background music this ain't!

Come and See [DVD]
Come and See [DVD]
Dvd ~ Aleksey Kravchenko

5.0 out of 5 stars The truth of war., 4 July 2012
This review is from: Come and See [DVD] (DVD)
A fantastic film but don't watch it if you're not in the best of moods! Crikey, it's heavy going. But that's no criticism by any means. A fully realistic account of war and its atrocities is what we get and it's a stark reminder of how brutal and unforgiving it is. There is a lot to be learnt from human behaviour towards each other when we are put under huge pressure to survive. Fascinating stuff. I can see how this film is on must see lists of foreign films. The young actor that played Flyore should have received an award. If you're thinking of buying this then don't expect a typical war film like Private Ryan. This is more of an account of an outsider witnessing the acts of war going on. An excellent but miserable film. GET IT.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7