Profile for Beth > Reviews

Beth

D'Addario Helicore 4/4 Scale Medium Tension Violin String Set
D'Addario Helicore 4/4 Scale Medium Tension Violin String Set

2.0 out of 5 stars Warm tone on most but G snapped immediately!, 21 May 2014
I used to use Dominant strings, but I tried these as I heard they were better for folk music. I re-strung my violin today and whilst tuning, before even playing, the G snapped. Not really inspiring any confidence at all in these.

Plain Black Quality Mens Pre Tied Satin Bow Tie
Plain Black Quality Mens Pre Tied Satin Bow Tie
Offered by Fat-Catz-Copy-Catz (UK Seller)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and price, 29 Dec. 2013
I bought this to wear as a choker, and it's exactly as described. Very soft and brilliant for on a budget.

The Modern Day Spellbook: A Collection of Spells for the Modern Day Witch
The Modern Day Spellbook: A Collection of Spells for the Modern Day Witch

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother., 21 May 2013
I have various problems with this book.
Initially, the book begins with instructions for love spells. Love spells, as the vast majority of witches will know, break the Rede as they're messing with a person's free will. A lover leaves for a reason, whether you see it or not, and if there's no love there, then there isn't meant to be at this point in time. The "freeze your ex" one is also potentially causing harm. There's no definition in the book for what "freezing" means in this sense, So a grief-stricken soul might mess up and end up hurting someone. Messing with someone's free will, and potentially causing harm, is going to cause bad energy being cast into the universe, and it's only going to be returned to you. Don't mess with love spells.
Secondly, all this book does is give you a set ritual. The best spells are those we write ourselves, and spellbooks are largely used as a base for creating our own. No magickal correspondences are listed, so it's either follow the ritual that way or find another book and potentially several other sources to actually write the spell.
The third, and this is probably inconsequential for most, but I noticed a few spelling and grammar errors, the use of the wrong homophones and such. It bugs me.
Personally, I'd recommend getting a book like The Witch's Companion or the Witch's Bible, which teach you a lot more about the Craft than this ever will.