Profile for Kyo > Reviews

Kyo

Sputnik Sweetheart
Sputnik Sweetheart

4.0 out of 5 stars Sputnik Sweetheart, 4 Aug 2014
This is the first Murakami book I've read, and honestly, I liked it. Really enjoyed it. I've read some samples of his other work and they seem, oh I don't know... vast? Grand, drenched in mystery and somewhat intimidating. So I started off small, light... easy.

This book I really enjoyed. I very much enjoyed the three main characters this book follows. The writing and feel of the book are like hooks with lots of little hooks that once get you, will not let go.

Loneliness looms over these characters throughout the story, and I was left to wonder if happiness would grace them. It is quite a real setting that dips its toe into the supernatural at times.

very much enjoyed this book, and have bought a few other books of Murakami to lose myself in.

Star Wars: Darth Bane - Path of Destruction
Star Wars: Darth Bane - Path of Destruction

4.0 out of 5 stars Through victory, my chains are broken, 25 Jan 2014
This is my first Star Wars book and it didn't disappoint. At first I was sceptical of Darth Bane as a character, but shortly into reading he grew on my as well as the supporting cast of characters. I've just finished the book and now I'm eager to star the Rule of Two. If you're a fan of the Sith and would love to know how the Sith fell and became the force we know today, then this is the book for you.

Dead Space 2 - Limited Edition (PS3)
Dead Space 2 - Limited Edition (PS3)
Offered by APE-GAMES

3.0 out of 5 stars This game isn't HORROR! Since when did "boo" become horrifying?, 17 Feb 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This game ISN'T scary in the slightest. It appears that there are people out there that claim that monsters CONSTANTLY jumping out at you every bloody second is horror. Sorry, having something jump out at you isn't scary in the slightest, it's just a knee-jerk reaction.

There is no emotion in this game, and it's something that is certainly missing from this story. I won't say much more due to spoilers.

The gameplay gets rather annoying after a while. Why? Well, it's because Necromorphs jump out at you every 5 steps you take, and you're forced to kill them. Then again. And once again. Oh, some more. ... Again.. seriously? Ugh.

Monsters jumping out at you is all this so called horror game is, and it gets so boring. Very boring. I actually turned the game off once because I got sick of fighting this damned monsters. I fought a massive wave, was low on ammo, but survived and continued on - crap. I had to fight more. I couldn't be bothered anymore. That isn't a good sign for the game.

If this is horror, I'd love to know what these people think of Project Zero (aka Fatal Frame) and Silent Hill 1,2,3.

The game is decent, I mean I beat it after all. That's saying something, right? RIGHT?!
If you desire to play something that's in a dark setting with a ton of action, then pick this game up.

If you want a horror, then, um.. there are some on the PS2.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2011 1:12 PM GMT