Profile for Poggle > Reviews

Content by Poggle

Poggle "poggle2"

The Traitor Queen: Book 3 of the Traitor Spy (Traitor Spy Trilogy)
The Traitor Queen: Book 3 of the Traitor Spy (Traitor Spy Trilogy)
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great - but needs more proof-reading, 18 Aug 2012
Perhaps having got used to the characters and the settings, the plot line was a little tame / predictable - however I struggled to put the book down as I was so engrossed in the story and even found myself dreaming about the story each night - which I only seem to do for Trudi's books.

However there are unfortuantely a lot of silly mistakes that a proof reader should have spotted. Character names getting mixed up, and stray words appearing where the sentence has clearly been amended. These mistakes kept distrupting my reading as I had to double check which character was meant or what the sentence should say.

I do hope that there will be more in this series, although I am more interested in the Lilia / Sonea / Kallen story lines than the Lorkin / Dannyl / Tayend ones.

Fudge Cupcake Murder
Fudge Cupcake Murder
by Joanne Fluke

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite up to the standard of the rest of the series, 7 Oct 2004
This review is from: Fudge Cupcake Murder (Hardcover)
I thoroughly enjoyed reading the first 4 books in this series, and I was consequently eager to get my hands on this book.
Unfortunately there are a number of silly spelling mistakes or obviously wrong words used in places which make the book much harder to read and understand, also it appears that character names have been mixed up in various places which also detract from the otherwise excellent book.
The book doesn't seem to flow as well as the others or have the funny, everyday life descriptions. It quickly jumps from one place to the next and whilst this didn't stop me following the plot, it wasn't as much fun as I loved the character descriptions which used to fill in the blanks