Profile for Chrissie > Reviews

Content by Chrissie

Chrissie (London, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
BarkStopper® Ultrasonic and audible bark deterrent device for indoor and outdoor use.
Offered by UK Innovations GP Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for us!! Fabulous!!, 1 Sep 2014
We have 3 puppies (Shih Tzus) and they bark a lot at everything from the cats moving to any noise that they hear in the house and/or in the garden etc. Very frustrating and we have tried for so long to use training techniques to get them to stop but nothing worked. They sleep outside our bedroom at night on the landing together and bark whenever the cats move about which interrupts our sleep. They understand "QUIET" when we shout it and they'll listen sometimes but get too excited!

We finally decided to buy the BarkStopper a few days ago, thinking was it just another gimmick, but we were desperate to try anything! Luckily for us it worked from day 1!!!! Halleluliah!! The eldest puppy who's almost 1 will run to me whenever I press the button and look startled and all of them will stop barking. We have had peace and quiet in the house for a few days now and it's lovely!!!! We even taken the BarkStopper out with us on walks as our dogs get excited at seeing other dogs as do some other dogs when they see our dogs. I just pressed the BarkStopper when a group of other dogs started barking at ours and they immediately stopped!!! Wooo hoooo!!! Then our dogs passed some other dogs and started barking though were too excited to hear the BarkStopper but their barking didn't last too long thankfully. I haven't had a chance to use the audible version yet.

I'm hoping this will last, it seems a good training tool as we can use it not just for barking but overexcitement. We will keep an eye on the eldest puppy who did seem a little upset at the sound and needed reassurance. We only do a quick press of the button; ie nothing too long.

I will update this review if there are any drastic changes and/or if things continue to improve and/or change.

FiveSeasonStuff® All Season Comfortable Breathable Sleeping Eye Mask / Eye Mask / Sleep Mask for Air Travel or Peaceful Night Rest (3D Eye and Nose Contoured) Black + FiveSeasonStuff Premium Ear Plugs EM1
Offered by FiveSeasonStuff Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 6 July 2014
I love it! I suffer from Lagophthalmos which is the inability to close my eyes completely usually when sleeping which causes me to suffer from dry eyes as well; though this wasn't the reason for buying the Eye Mask which was mainly because I am a light sleeper (possibly because of the lagophthalmos) and light wakes me up in the early mornings when the sun rises at say 4.30am, I wake up grrr. I've had eye masks before and it hurts as it catches my lashes and causes irritation and i have to remove it.

So when I read that this mask stays away from the eyes and blocks out all light, I thought wow, just what I needed and it was cheap enough that if it was not a true statement then there was nothing to lose. I was blown away as this is the first eye mask I've ever had that I can sleep with with no difficulty or discomfort in my eyes, it actually helps with the lagophthalmos in that my eyes are not as dry as they used to be when they open in the mornings and the light is definitely blocked out completely! My husband also likes the look of it as it looks cool!! I'm so impressed I may buy a few more as spares, to take on holiday, in case one goes missing; when one is in the wash etc.

Qu-Chi Acupressure Band - Clinically Proven Relief Hayfever & Allergic Rhinitis
Qu-Chi Acupressure Band - Clinically Proven Relief Hayfever & Allergic Rhinitis
Offered by Salveo Wellness

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed and amazed !, 6 July 2014
Wow!! I am quite taken aback as when the Qu Chi arrived, only yesterday afternoon less than 24 hours ago, I was sceptical as I was when buying it though I thought for the price there's nothing to lose as I've been suffering from hayfever for weeks now, constantly taking antihistamines and Luffa Drops with Hay Max for my nose and really fed up of the runny itchy eyes, sneezes, bloody and runny nose throughout the day.

When I put it on, I immediately thought oh it's no good because it doesn't fit as my arm is too small and it's way too big for me and I had no idea really where the exact spot was to put the pressure button on; but I googled it and ok, found it so went with it. I thought I'd give it a go thou in my mind I had already given up on it as another useless gadget that wouldn't work.

The afternoon went into the evening and no sneezes or runny itchy eyes as usually happens and no need for any Luffa Drops or antihistamine tablet and I was quite taken aback as nothing had happened ie all I did was just put the band on. It was hard to comprehend that it was working; but it seemed to be as usually by the mid evening I'm sneezing like crazy and my eyes would hurt so much from the itchiness and my constant rubbing of them trying to obtain relief. None of that happened last night for the first time in a very long time!

Wow, I thought, let's see what happens overnight. So went to bed with the armband on; and in the morning usually on waking within seconds I'm sneezing for England and my nose gets all blocked; but nothing. I did feel my nose tingle like it was going to sneeze but then nothing came of it. Wow I thought. Impressive. For the next say 30-40 mins while getting ready ie washed and make up on, usually I'm sneezing like crazy and struggling to breathe; but again nothing but a little false alarm like a tickle in the nose like a sneeze may come on and then calm. I am very impressed. it hasn't even been 24 hours since I started wearing the arm band; more like only 19 hours.

I really seriously thought because it was loose and didn't fit properly that it wouldn't work and beside the travel acupuncture arm bands never really seemed to work for me as far as I remember so for the this Qu Chi to work for something as powerful as hayfever, nah, surely it couldn't. How wrong was I, so much so that I've been inspired to share what's been happening for the past 19 hours as I'm in awe! The freedom of being hayfever free with no sneezing, runny itchy eyes and runny nose is liberating!

I'll try and make an effort to post some updates as the next few days unfold ie to see it it carries on working and/or if it was just a phase of me having a good day and was nothing to do with the band etc! Though for months I've never had a day when I didn't wake up sneezing like crazy with hayfever within seconds; apart from today; even with antihistamines I've never not sneezed. Wow, wow, wow .... :)

UPDATE: Mon 7th July 2014
----------------------------
Another 24 hrs has passed since my review above. Yesterday afternoon I had a couple of sneezes and that was it. A hint of an itchy eye in the evening which passed. No antihistamines or Vogel Luffa Drops for the 2nd day in a row. I used the band in bed at night and while sleeping, in the middle of the night or ealy morning, dawnish, I felt my nose tickle (like a sneeze is coming on) but nothing happened and it passed. Then later that morning around 8amish, the tickle came back (I can only assume pollen count must be high) and I tried to readjust the band in case it had slipped out of where it should be though the sneezing won and I had about 8 sneezes and a bit of a runny nose but nothing major like I normally used to which would be 20 sneezes, lots of blowing of nose including blood and a blocked nose. My nose was slightly blocked for a bit but it slowly passed. All in all I'm still impressed albeit a little disappointed to have a little set back this morning (I'm not sure if that's normal, I gather it is).

Yesterday afternoon when I was grooming the dogs (Shih Tzus) and went into the room where I groom them, the smell of dog hit me including all their fluff; and I felt a sneezing session about to come on ... I pressed the acupressure point and it passed. Hmmm, interesting. I hadn't even realised I may be allergic to the dogs' fluff.

I'm now about a couple of hours away from the sneezing fit I had this morning and I'm feeling good; no blocked nose and I'm feeling normal. As a safety precaution (ha ha) I've just rubbed some Hay Max onto my nose to help a little. I almost had itchy eyes earlier ie there was a hint of it but it passed. Very surreal feeling... like it's too good to be true.

UPDATE: Tues 8th July 2014
---------------------------
I'm getting used to wearing the armband now. Sometimes it gets a bit itchy and I want to take it off for a while but I keep it on as I would rather not suffer hayfever. I'll buy another band so that I can swap when I wash this one as it's looking weary already after just 2-3 days.

A couple of odd sneezes yesterday in the afternoon; threats of itchy eyes towards the evening; but nothing came of it; like it was a false alarm which is so relieving as usually when the itchy eyes start, it is constant rubbing and itching for ages until my eyes are just so sore and red and painful. I slept with the armband on and this time no pjama top with arms and the band stayed on properly throughout the night resulting in a fairly decent night's sleep. No threats of waking me up earlier with tickles under the nose and when I eventually woke up, this time as the band was in the right place and hadn't moved as nothing was covering my arm, my nose started twitching with tickles and threats of sneezes and I had about 2-3 sneezes which were fairly tame and a small blow of the nose and thankfully nothing else. No major episode of lots of sneezes, blocked up nose, lots of blowing of the nose and itchy eyes. Very different from yesterday morning.

It was such a relief to be able to wash my face and brush my teeth and then go do my make up without sneezing in between and especially to have no itchy sore red eyes or nose from all that sneezing and blowing! Complete bliss!! And I've been completely medication free, no Vogel Luffa Complex Drops or antihistamines.

I feel better and happier as I'm no longer stressed out by my hayfever, no more runny noses, sneezes, itchy eyes, and it's such a huge relief daily. The only "discomfort" is wearing the band and ensuring throughout the day that it stays in place. There are times when I feel a sneeze coming on, and I'll look at the band and realise it's moved out of place. I'll immediately put it back into place and press it on the pressure point and sometimes that works immediately ie no sneeze!! Sometimes the sneeze will happen but that's it, no more sneezes follow.

I am glad I held out and followed through with testing it out as because my arm is too small for the band, I really thought it would not work and wasn't even going to even try it out.

Weds 9th July 2014
----------------------
Not quite sure what happened last night but I think I was so busy doing other things that I didn't pay attention to where the band was sitting on my arm and my eyes got really itchy at night, really badly. I was tempted to take something but I was too tired to go downstairs. In the morning, no sneezing when I woke but my eyes were still sore and itchy and painful. Not nice. I caved in and took some Vogel Luffa Complex Drops and I've been ok, though a little smarting. I repositioned the band and things are more settled. My band is getting looser and needs a wash. Time to buy another one as I don't want to be without it and start suffering sneezing, blocked noses, painful itchy eyes etc. I did sneeze a couple of times or so this morning and last night but nothing major at all which was a relief. Only when hubbie put on the fan and blew the dust around the house!!!!

TOP Secret Spy Camera /Mini Clock Radio Hidden DVR- #1 Amazon seller in USA. 4.8 stars from 33 reviews! NOW AVAILABLE to SHIP to UK
Offered by UK_Trade_Surplus/UK VAT INcl

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but ..., 8 Jun 2014
We bought this to keep an eye on my mother who is in a care home. The clock camera is very good at recording night and day video continuously and audio is great; however as my mother is in a dementia ward, dementia wanderers have picked up the clock and dropped it and when staff put it back, well they could see it was a camera when you plug it in again as the screen shows that it is recording so it was a giveaway which was unfortunate; however it allowed us to bring the topic up of what we had seen on the camera which was staff treating my mother poorly and a few staff have been suspended pending investigations because of it. It records very well even in pitch black. I'd buy again. For the care home, I'd still prefer to buy the continuous version so that we can see what's happening all the time as we didn't want to miss anything.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2014 3:38 AM BST

ANTI SLIP FABRIC - SOFA SEAT CUSHIONS SLIP? TRY THIS RUBBER GRIP FABRIC CLOTH - SOLD PER METRE
Offered by Penbrice Interiors

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!!!, 7 Jun 2014
My sofa seat cushion would slide down constantly many times a day for years and it was growing tiresome and getting worse and I am not yet ready to buy another sofa as this one has much life left in it. I was hesitant about trying this as it could be another gimmic that doesn't work; in spite of some of the good reviews; maybe I'd get a dud one or something! I am very glad I bought it and took the plunge as ever since I bought it and put it underneath my sofa seat which was several days ago, I have not had to move my seat up once!!!!! Prior to buying it I spent the whole day just constantly putting the seat cushion back into it's place time and time again. Bliss!!!! I will be buying more!! Thx so much! I am very impressed!!

Peppermint Arvensis Organic Essential Oil - 100ml - 100% Pure
Peppermint Arvensis Organic Essential Oil - 100ml - 100% Pure
Offered by Mystic-Moments

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as I had thought, 3 Jun 2014
I was disappointed when I opened the packaging today as the bottle contains something else inside it like crystal gel and isn't all pure liquid as I thought it would be when normally buying essential oils. It also doesn't smell as strong as normal peppermint essential oils. I'm not sure what the crystal looking stuff is, maybe I should have researched if it was a different sort of peppermint essential oils but the picture is deceiving as it looks like clear fluid. Way too expensive for what it is.

The Mini Booster Bath - Dog Bath For Small Dogs
The Mini Booster Bath - Dog Bath For Small Dogs

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps to not have to bend., 28 April 2014
I bought the booster bath to help with not having to bend in the bath when bathing our Shih Tzu puppy. It's very effective as I can stand upright and wash the puppy and he feels safe in the Booster Bath.

Wahl Smartgroom Pet Grooming Curved Scissors 5 inch / 13cm Chrome Plated
Wahl Smartgroom Pet Grooming Curved Scissors 5 inch / 13cm Chrome Plated

1.0 out of 5 stars Stiff handles., 25 April 2014
Disappointed on receiving it as the blades were too stiff to open. There's no way I could use them to cut the fur on my Shih Tzu with the blades being stiff as it would stress the puppy out and myself. Returned it and bought a different Japanese made pair which is amazing.

5" Professional Pet Dog Grooming Scissors Japanese SS Curved Shears hair trimmer
Offered by rabi&khan

5.0 out of 5 stars Super sharp!, 25 April 2014
Wow!!! I am amazed at these professional curved grooming scissors, especially after being very disappointed buying some Wahl Curved Grooming Scissors which I returned as they were stiff.

I have used these on my Shih Tzu with ease of cutting and it makes grooming his coat so much more easier and the cut is so sharp and smooth, it's awesome!! I love the curve and ease of cutting! I have been able to cut the fur by his eyes really easily and he hasn't flinched at all and slept through it. I am very pleased with the purchase.

PURPLE 1.0L Glass Drinking Bottle / Fridge Bottle - Non-Slip Silicone Grip - BPA Free - 100% Recyclable

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 30 Jan 2014
I bought the 1 litre version of the Grip and Go glass bottle over a week ago - felt the 500ml was too small. I am glad I made the choice. Over the years I have had many many many versions of water bottles, bpa free bottles, all sorts of lids, colours, makes, models etc. I drink supergreens as well as alkaline water and my husband and I always take our water bottles with us each time we leave the house. While I've only had this glass water bottle a few days, I already am taken with it. I love the shape of the bottle, my hand easily fits around the middle of it where the plastic coloured non slip silicone grip is (love the colours and the bottle so much that I bought two more and may get more soon).

Best of all is that because of the shape of the mouth, it makes drinking from the bottle so much more easier to drink ie to not spill when you're in a car and stop/starting or the husband is, and good to drink on a train, water just seems to flow out easily enough as the spout is just the right size. It encourages me to drink more water and drinking a litre doesn't even feel like drinking a litre, whereas with other bottles just drinking 750 ml can feel like a struggle. I love the different colours, I have three of them now and contemplating which other colours I'm going to buy!

Re carrying it around, I use the Neoprene Bottle Tote Built 1 Bottle Tote, Micro Dot I have both the single and the double version. I wash it with a baby bottle washer and dry it on a bottle rack. Very happy with purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2014 8:02 PM BST