ARRAY(0xab4726d8)

Profile for DWM > Reviews

Content by DWM

DWM (Kent)

Page: 1 | 2
The Sanctuary Seeker (Crowner John Mystery)
The Sanctuary Seeker (Crowner John Mystery)
by Bernard Knight
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 6.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Remember the time it was set, 25 Oct 2008
Well, I felt very let down as to how the crime was solved. Then once the book was finished I sat back and thought about it and maybe I was being silly. I mean, afterall we are talking about a time before forensic science etc., so how else was a crime to be solved, except simply?? I don't know what I was expecting when I bought the book, but now realise I should have thought more about the times. Will I buy the next one in the series? Not too sure, but then maybe I want to find out how Crowner Johns private life continues.....

Spongebob Squarepants - Talking Globe Clock
Spongebob Squarepants - Talking Globe Clock

4.0 out of 5 stars Does The Job, 25 Oct 2008
It will wake your child up. It will wake you up. It will wake your next-door neighbours up. It will wake the entire street. Yep, it does the job!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2008 1:57 PM GMT

Top Trumps Juniors - Disney Heroes
Top Trumps Juniors - Disney Heroes

1.0 out of 5 stars Er, any idea who most of the characters are?!, 30 Sep 2008
My little boy had just discovered the delight of Top Trumps, so what could be better than one with all the Disney Heroes in? Great, except they are not in this. Mmm, very few known characters, thought maybe Buzz, Woody, Mr Incredible, but no, not in sight.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2009 5:24 PM BST

The Last Precinct (Scarpetta Novels)
The Last Precinct (Scarpetta Novels)
by Patricia Cornwell

1.0 out of 5 stars complete anti-climax, 30 Sep 2008
If like me you are gradually working your way through the Scarpetta novels then I'm afraid you will still need to read this one to continue understanding everyone's private life! Quite a long book by normal standards, I won't spoil it for you but suffice to say that up to 30 pages to go anything can still happen, then suddenly, Bosh! all done and tied up in the last couple of chapters. What an anti-climax.
It continues where the evening finished in the previous book and continues that unfolding story. However, I wonder if the author was short of ideas to keep the story padded out, so decided to change previous crimes that we thought had been put to rest.
Having said all this I will probably continue to read more of this series as this is the first one I have not enjoyed.
I do have to say though, I am really starting to find "Superwoman" character, her niece Lucy, very irratating. Am I the only one?!

Eyewitness Auschwitz: Three Years in the Gas Chamber
Eyewitness Auschwitz: Three Years in the Gas Chamber
by Filip Muller
Price: 7.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Amazing, 19 Feb 2007
I would feel it wrong to say I enjoyed a book of this nature. But, I was astounded by this book, so moving at times to bring you to tears, gruesome enough to make you feel ill, but SO necessary to read. I am not jewish, but i feel everyone should read this book and understand what happened, it must never be forgotten.

Until the Final Hour: Hitler's Last Secretary
Until the Final Hour: Hitler's Last Secretary
by Traudl Junge

5.0 out of 5 stars A bizarre man, 12 April 2006
A truly fascinating insight from a perspective i've never read before. Here is such a bizarre view of him; it is such a serious subject, yet there are almost elements of ridiculous black humour in this book such as when Hitler discusses his vegetarian views and how disgusted he is by the way animals are treated in abattoirs. Felt the book could have been longer, a very enjoyable read and insight into another side of Hitler and Eva Braun.

Page: 1 | 2