Profile for bookreader > Reviews

Content by bookreader

bookreader (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Samsung Series 5 Wi-Fi Chromebook (Titan Silver)
Samsung Series 5 Wi-Fi Chromebook (Titan Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 8 Jan. 2012
I purchased this Chromebook for my mother, who always complained about her existing computer being too slow to boot, too slow to use, and often not working when she wanted to do something.

She loved it so far: things are easy, there is only Chrome and nothing else that she needs to install, boots at the speed of light, and she always has it ready when she needs it. She has also picked up a few games from the Chrome store and a few other extensions like a calculator.

The only things she complained is that she needs to put her password in every time, which since it has access to her email and other personal information I feel is not an issue, it is more like a feature.

Works very well for her because all she does is email, checking bills online, accessing her bank account, and video chat with me from time to time. She does only limited document editing, which she can now do using Google Docs. I also set up cloud printing, so that she can use the printer attached to the main computer in the house using her Chromebook and it worked like a charm.

Kitchen
Kitchen
by Banana Yoshimoto

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 19 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Kitchen (Paperback)
This was my first book by Yoshimoto Banana, but I will definitely read more.
Very interesting story and good translation.

Pilates-Mad Core-Fitness Mat - Blue
Pilates-Mad Core-Fitness Mat - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, simple mat., 19 Dec. 2011
Very basic mat (not very thick) but good for exercising on the house floor without it being too hard or too cold.
I have used it happily and regularly for months.

WD My Book Essential Edition 1.5TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive
WD My Book Essential Edition 1.5TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple, good device, with some drawbacks., 19 Dec. 2011
The device is good but I have had some issues:
- the first device I got failed within a month and I lost lots of data that I moved onto it. However, Western Digital replaced the item for me promptly and with little fuss: got an RMA number and put it back in the original box with a freepost label they sent me. A few weeks later I had a brand new item in the mail.
- the device has an issue with my BIOS: if I disable legacy USB support (which I need to access the dual boot menu with my USB keyboard), the computer will not boot and just beep ad infinitum if the drive is connected and powered. Quite annoying.

Besides the issues above, the drive is working fine and performs well.

Monkey
Monkey
by Wu Ch'eng-en

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, timeless classic, 19 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Monkey (Paperback)
Great read. I am fanatic about east asian literature, so this was a must read for me. Very entertaining and interesting. Would definitely recommend.

Daewoo KOC9Q1T Combination Microwave Oven 28 L, 900 W - White
Daewoo KOC9Q1T Combination Microwave Oven 28 L, 900 W - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, good quality microwave, 19 Dec. 2011
I have had this product for about a year.
It has worked always very well, given me no problem at all.
It is well build, quite strong, and overall works great.

The Forbidden Temple
The Forbidden Temple
by Patrick Woodhead

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining read, 19 Dec. 2011
This review is from: The Forbidden Temple (Paperback)
Woodhead writing style was very entertaining and his characters quite interesting.
I also very much enjoyed his use of buddhist themes, which are well researched and nicely incorporated in the story.
Overall, I really enjoyed the book and I would recommend it to others.

Five Centimetres Per Second [DVD] [2007]
Five Centimetres Per Second [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Kenji Mizuhashi

5.0 out of 5 stars Another masterpiece by Shinkai Makoto, 20 Aug. 2011
A great movie, with a great story (or better a sequence thereof), and great visuals, as Shinkai Makoto has done in the past.
Definitely worth watching, for the fans of the director or anyone who loves animation.

MORTAR/PESTLE - GRANITE 7 in DIA
MORTAR/PESTLE - GRANITE 7 in DIA

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong and heavy, 21 Mar. 2010
Very happy with this product.

It is very strong and sturdy, which reflects in its weight.
I actually thought it would be much larger, but it turned to be enough for the limited usage I have given it.

Overall, I am happy with the product.

If you are looking for something large, I would probably pick something else.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2010 6:50 PM BST

JVC HA-F140-AE In-Ear Gumy Headphones - Blue
JVC HA-F140-AE In-Ear Gumy Headphones - Blue
Offered by Picsio

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and durabl, 21 Mar. 2010
I have bought this product before and I have been very satisfied with it.

Contrary to many other alternatives, they are very durable, one of the most important characteristics for me. I often end up with broken earphones, but this particular type has not given me trouble and lasted more than other brands. Moreover, they are quite comfortable, I can wear them for hours without getting tired of them. Last, I like their style.

If using them with a small device, you might notice the connector is quite large, but that ensures that they do not break right away, so I am happy to live with that.

Page: 1 | 2