Profile for Black Cat > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
To Tell the Truth: Rosie Gilmour 2
To Tell the Truth: Rosie Gilmour 2

1.0 out of 5 stars Please don't waste your time reading this., 20 Feb. 2014
The book, about the abduction of a four year old girl in Spain, started well. Seemed a good plot with interesting characters. However, it soon lost its way. Characters came and went , many were stereotypes, none, not even the heroine, had any depth. The plot meandered on in a bit of a 'and then' way. Situations described in a summary fashion. Poor writing, no suspense whatsoever, a wasted opportunity. I wish I hadn't persevered, there are much better books to read out there.

Non-Slip Yoga Towel Mat with Bag, 63 x 180cm, Available in Four Colours (Purple)
Offered by dirtygal

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 14 Feb. 2014
A great yoga towel. Lovely colour (purple), comfortable, sticks effectively. Exactly what I wanted. Arrived promptly too. Not sure how useful the bag is that comes with it.

BDK-1 Full Size Starter Drum Kit by Gear4music Black
BDK-1 Full Size Starter Drum Kit by Gear4music Black
Offered by Gear4music

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant starter drum kit., 14 Feb. 2014
Bought this for my 11 year old for Christmas. He had been asking for one for ages and was delighted. As other reviewers have mentioned however, no instructions! Baffling! Also no advice on how to tune the kit. (No I didn't know you needed to tune drum kits either!). Anyway, a great, quality product although interest has waned and it has quickly started to gather dust so you might find my one on ebay soon!

A Perfectly Good Man
A Perfectly Good Man

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, well worth reading, 5 Nov. 2013
A lovely gentle tale, beautifully constructed and full of wonderful characters. The author's insight into the feelings and emotions of others quite amazed me. He clearly has an excellent understanding of human nature. I recommend it wholeheartedly.

Necessary Lies
Necessary Lies

3.0 out of 5 stars An engaging book on an interesting subject, 5 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Necessary Lies (Kindle Edition)
A good story with strong characters and an easy read as the book is broken down into accessible bite sized chapters. I had no idea about the Eugenics programme so I found that very interesting. I didn't feel the book was particularly well written which is why I have given it three stars. I found it a bit too simplistic but nonetheless it was an enjoyable read.

Beats by Dr. Dre Solo HD On-Ear Headphones - Black
Beats by Dr. Dre Solo HD On-Ear Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, 18 Jan. 2013
I bought these for my 12 year old son for Christmas and he is totally delighted. They look good and the sound is of a high quality. Recommended.

I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts On Being a Woman
I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts On Being a Woman

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull, 18 Jan. 2013
Dull - why do famous people think they are so interesting and insightful? Some fun observations on life but nothing exceptional.

Crippen: A Novel of Murder
Crippen: A Novel of Murder

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 18 Jan. 2013
I have always been interested in the story of Dr Crippen since a trip to Madame Tussauds when I was very young. I enjoyed finding out the background to this real life story and it's an amazing story really. The writing wasn't the best but nonetheless it kept me reading until the end.

Ravensburger Eiffel Tower 3D Puzzle
Ravensburger Eiffel Tower 3D Puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars Black cat, 18 Jan. 2013
I bought this for my 12 year old son for Christmas and he thoroughly enjoyed doing the puzzle. A great cross between a puzzle and construction. Certainly kept his concentration which was nice to see (not much drags him away from a screen these days). Great entertainment.

Ravensburger Ocean Puzzleball (270 Pieces)
Ravensburger Ocean Puzzleball (270 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Jan. 2013
I bought this for my 10 year old son for Christmas and he started doing it almost straightaway. The fact that the pieces are numbered is a great help, (his sister enjoyed finding the numbers and he enjoyed putting it together). Certainly seemed to engage him more than a regular jigsaw puzzle.

Page: 1 | 2