Profile for M. S. Skeldon > Reviews

Content by M. S. Skeldon

M. S. Skeldon (Coventry, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
David Bowie: The Best Of [DVD]
David Bowie: The Best Of [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Bowie

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Dave what else but 5!!, 28 Feb 2013
All his videos (well most of them). Some dodgy 80's ones, but it let's you revisit some songs you might not listen to otherwise.

Also some immense footage, and secret interviews and songs hidden away in the DVD. The performance of Drive in Saturday (and interview) are immense. That's the performance of someone knowing they're on an unstoppable rise to the top of their game.

I also love As the world falls down which is oft unfairly forgotten due to it's link to the labyrinth. But it's ace and on here so listen again. You'll see under the 80's production is an immense song. Also the later videos such as thursday's child and little wonder are brilliant. Anyways buy it now. It's a great intro to Bowie's many great songs, but it's still only a start!

The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon)
The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon)
by Dan Brown
Price: 5.93

3.0 out of 5 stars It was good at the time., 28 Feb 2013
Great at the time and the only book of Dan Brown's worth getting. I think this is better if you haven't watched the film and haven't really heard all the nonsense surrounding it. If you're one of those then buy it.

Or borrow it off someone who has read it, because they won't want to read it twice.

The thrill of the book is not knowing what's going to happen next, so if you know, then I don't think you'd get the same pleasure.

The film is rubbish so read this instead.

David Bowie: Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars [DVD]
David Bowie: Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Bowie

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool as F, 28 Feb 2013
What's not to like about ziggy live? They miss off the end Jean Genie which is annoying. I guess because they want to end it on Rock and roll suicide, but you know we know Bowie carried on after this for another 40 years so you know, it's not THAT important to end it on R&RS.

Still "my death waits" is worth the money you'll pay alone.

Mayonnaise
Mayonnaise
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 11.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for one reason, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Mayonnaise (Audio CD)
Well 4 reasons. The songs with Longpigs singer Crispin Hunt on them. 2 are EXCELLENT, 2 are good. The songs without him singing are not much cop in my opinion. If there wasn't the nonsense from the other guys it would get a better score from me.

Shame Crispin didn't do much else after this really. He wasn't much on the second album and I didn't like it much.

Still get the tracks "To my head" and "Wide Eyed Sole" at least from this album.

Cat From Outer Space [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Cat From Outer Space [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Ken Berry
Offered by supermart_usa
Price: 5.71

5.0 out of 5 stars After seeing this 300 times as a kid I still love it!, 28 Feb 2013
For me this review is nostalgic more than anything else. But a cat with a magic space collar that makes him talk and can do anything from making a horse win a race to playing pool to win money is genius.

Also as an adult you appreciate how hard it must have been to get a cat to anything.

There's nothing not to like about this.

Neon Bible [Limited Edition]
Neon Bible [Limited Edition]
Offered by Sons Of Pluto
Price: 14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not as good as the first or third album., 28 Feb 2013
Live is where a lot of this album comes alive. I found it lacked the "colour" of the first album. So while there's undoubtedly several classics on this album, it didn't quite get the 5 stars from me unlike their other 2 albums. Still it's the fire and they're immense so buy it.

Friends Like These
Friends Like These
by Danny Wallace
Price: 10.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't finish it, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Friends Like These (Paperback)
I think I just don't like him. I read painfully through the first half of the book, but I just find him smug and annoying rather than funny. I do like the guy when I've seen him on TV and interviews etc... but in print I want to punch him in the face 80% of the time. It was also a bit boring if I'm honest. But I'll give him 2 stars because it's probably more my taste than anything he did or didn't do.

Michael McIntyre Live 2009: Hello Wembley! [DVD]
Michael McIntyre Live 2009: Hello Wembley! [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael McIntyre
Offered by Direct-Offers-UK-FBA
Price: 2.45

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Michael being Michael, 28 Feb 2013
You know what you're getting, but he'll never be as funny as he was for the first 40 minutes of his first DVD, so to be honest I'd just watch that again if I wanted to watch him. Still some great bits, but not a classic in my eyes.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars ACENESS!, 28 Feb 2013
Labyrinth costume would NEVER have been the same without this wig. It's spot on and looks great! Would highly recommend!

Deluxe Captains Boot Covers Black (Pirate)
Deluxe Captains Boot Covers Black (Pirate)
Offered by The 1 Stop Party Shop
Price: 7.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective., 28 Feb 2013
Loved them and they went perfectly with my labyrinth costume! Would recommend to anyone needing the big boot effect, but can't bring yourself to spend a fortune getting proper boots for one night!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3