Profile for Eddie Morales > Reviews

Jon Ronson's Adventures With Extraordinary People
Jon Ronson's Adventures With Extraordinary People
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A bargain collection, 27 Jun 2013
I've heard a lot about Jon Ronson's books through friends and acquaintances so took the opportuinity when this collection was reduced.

All the books are very good investigative journalism. 'Them' looks different with the hindsight we now have on Islamic fundamentalism but does a good job of humanising the extremists.

The only reason I didn't award five stars is that they left me feeling unsure of what the point of them was. I suppose this is a positive aspect of giving both sides of the story but left me unsure of what the point was!

Sony SVRHDT500B Freeview HD Personal Video Recorder with Twin Tuner (Old model)
Sony SVRHDT500B Freeview HD Personal Video Recorder with Twin Tuner (Old model)

2.0 out of 5 stars Very noisy and poor user interface, 27 Jun 2013
This HD tuner/recorder does what it needs to do but nothing else.

It works well but is REALLY noisy. I'd read similar comments in other reviews and not taken notice but it is very noticeable and impinges on viewing.

I've always bought Sony products as I felt they were superior user experience but this is dreadful. Fiddly remote with dreadful menus makes it a pain in the backside to even do the simplest task.

Don't bother with this one there must be better on the market.

DenTek Comfort Clean Floss Picks - Pack of 60
DenTek Comfort Clean Floss Picks - Pack of 60
Offered by Activecare Online
Price: 7.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth paying a little bit more for, 27 Jun 2013
These flossers are the best on the market. They have a very fine tape which gets between close teeth much better than any other flosser I've used.

Can't recommend too highly!

The Wonders Collection [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
The Wonders Collection [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Brian Cox
Price: 12.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Awe inspiring, 23 April 2013
I love the Prof so was engaged from minute one all the way through till the end! He explains it in an easy to understand but interesting way and never patronises his audience unlike some of the other science presenters on TV.

Loved it!

When God Was a Rabbit
When God Was a Rabbit
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, quirky book, 8 Feb 2013
I read this book cover to cover in a few days and loved every minute of it. Can't reccommend it highly enough it is quirky but beautifully written.

Wenger/Swissgear GA-7310-14 Jett 16 Inch Notebook Backpack
Wenger/Swissgear GA-7310-14 Jett 16 Inch Notebook Backpack
Offered by Tigerbags
Price: 34.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Very robust but needs to be..., 8 Feb 2013
I bought this as travel a lot with my job and take my laptop with me wherever i go. Used to use a bag over the shoulder but my back started to disintergrate with age so had to look for a more ergonomic alternative.

I don't think it'll win any awards for fashion although looks ok but is really well made and strong. I've been using it for the best part of a year and really putting it through it's paces with no major signs of breaking!!!

Waterman Hemisphere  Stainless Steel Chrome Trim Ball Pen - Gift Boxed
Waterman Hemisphere Stainless Steel Chrome Trim Ball Pen - Gift Boxed
Price: 26.05

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this pen...., 8 Feb 2013
I decided to treat myself to a decent pen in my new job and came across this one on Amazon. EWven though i had never heard of Waterman decided to give it a go and it is superb. Heavy and robust feeling it's lovely to use.

Fresh Meat - Series 1 [DVD]
Fresh Meat - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joe Thomas
Price: 7.40

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest programme on the box...., 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: Fresh Meat - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
It is a little 'out there' for some and I no a lot of people find Jack Whitehall hard work (I did prior to watching this but now love him!) but i highly reccommend this series. Funny and compelling. Possibly not for the prudes but brilliantly written and acted throughout!

Croydex Secura Push-Fit Bath & Basin Shampoo Spray, White
Croydex Secura Push-Fit Bath & Basin Shampoo Spray, White
Price: 11.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust and works well!, 8 Feb 2013
This shower feels really solidly made and fits snugly around the taps. I've been using it for 4 weeks now and it hasn't once loosened or come away from the taps.

Excellent!

WMA 360 Rotatable Wall Attachable Adjustable Shower Head Holder Suction Bracket(75mm diameter)
Offered by POP GATE(Ships From HongKong)
Price: 2.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't stick.......to any surface!, 8 Feb 2013
Useless! Tried it on tiles on a plastered wall, on the bath and didnt stick to any of them!!! Completely useless!!!

Page: 1 | 2