Profile for Pink Elephant > Reviews

Content by Pink Elephant

Pink Elephant

Angelfall (Penryn and the End of Days Book One)
Angelfall (Penryn and the End of Days Book One)

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it!, 17 Feb. 2014
i absolutely loved this book, it was amazing. this is definitely one of my favourite books. i stumbled across it whilst i was browsing for something to read and i am so glad i did. this fantasy story is set in America in the near future, in a world where avenging angels bring on the apocalypse. The protagonist is 17 year old Penryn who is responsible for her schizophrenic mother and disabled younger sister. when her sister is take by the angels, she sets out to go and rescue her with the help of an angel named Raffe, who has lost his wings. i would totally recommend it!

Butterfly Summer
Butterfly Summer
by Anne-Marie Conway

5.0 out of 5 stars Butterfly Summer, 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Butterfly Summer (Paperback)
This book is absolutely amazing. It is about a girl named Becky, and after she and her mum move back to her mums home village, Oakbridge, she is all alone, until she discovers the butterfly garden down in the village. There she meets a girl, Rosa May, who is wild, mysterious and secretive. The twist in the plot is totally unexpected and slightly spooky, it had me shocked and almost in tears. I loved this book, and I would definatley recommend it!

Gallagher Girls: 01: I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You
Gallagher Girls: 01: I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You
by Ally Carter

4.0 out of 5 stars I'd tell you I love you, 30 Dec. 2013
The Gallagher Academy is an all girls school near the town of Roseville in Virginia. From the outside it looks like a ordinary boarding school for rich girls who have nothing better to do with their time, but it is actually a school for spies in training. Cameron Morgan is the daughter of the head mistress, and is told from her point of view. I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it, although I found it quite slow at the start and difficult to get into, but picks up after the first few chapters. I will definitely be reading the other books in this series.

Marked: Number 1 in series: 1/6 (House of Night)
Marked: Number 1 in series: 1/6 (House of Night)
by Kristin Cast

4.0 out of 5 stars Marked, 30 Dec. 2013
I really enjoyed this book although I didn't expect to. It tells the story of a girl named Zoey, who gets marked and becomes a fledgling vampire. She goes to a a school named 'the house of night' until she becomes a adult vampire. i would recommend it, and I cannot wait to read the other books in this series.

Torn
Torn
by Cat Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars Torn, 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Torn (Paperback)
Torn is one of the best books that I have read this year. It is absolutely amazing. The story is from the point of view of a school girl named Alice King, and tells the story of a prank gone horribly wrong. After becoming sick and tired of Tara, the beautiful, popular girl who puts everyone down, Alice, her friend Cass, Rae, and Polly, the girl Tara publicly humiliated, decide to get their own back on her, and play a trick on her that goes wrong. Most of the book is about the events after the incident, and talks about how she copes with the guilt, the secrets and her first relationship. I would definatley recommend this book.

The 5th Wave (Book 1)
The 5th Wave (Book 1)
by Rick Yancey

5.0 out of 5 stars The 5th wave, 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The 5th Wave (Book 1) (Paperback)
This book is one of the best books that I have read in a while. I found it really easy to read and it kept me interested all of the way through. It is a story set in the near future, in which aliens known as 'the others' invade Earth. They attack the human race in waves. The first wave cuts out all our power, and the cars and planes, anything that drives or flies cease the work. The second wave comes in the form of a tsunami, which wipes out any towns or cities within 60 miles of coastline. The third wave comes in the form of a deadly disease. During the fourth wave, the survivors start to kill one another. The story is mainly from the point of view of Cassie, a survivor of all four waves, as she struggles to survive and as she anticipates the fifth wave, which is most likely to wipe out humanity all together. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great read.

Little Big City (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Little Big City (Kindle Tablet Edition)

2.0 out of 5 stars little big city, 1 Aug. 2013
This game is good and is great for passing the time, but I find that the game keeps freezing almost every time that I load it. After a while it becomes very irritating because I have to close the game and reload it, so for this reason I rated it two stars. I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this or if it is just me.

Entangled
Entangled

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read, 1 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Entangled (Kindle Edition)
This book is an amazing, thought provoking read. It sucks you in from the first page, and is difficult to put down. I devoured it within a day. I would recommend it to any one. Read this book, you will not regret it! :)

Invisible
Invisible

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing read!, 1 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Invisible (Kindle Edition)
This book is an amazing, captivating read. Once I started it, I found it was impossible to put down. I would recommend this book to anyone. Well done and thank you to the author!