Profile for J. Dawson > Reviews

Content by J. Dawson

J. Dawson

Klipsch Image S4A-II In-Ear Headphone with Mic (Black)
Klipsch Image S4A-II In-Ear Headphone with Mic (Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely poor build quality, 15 Dec. 2013
I have had these headphones for just over a year and have had them replaced under warranty twice already. The latest replacement pair are now also starting to fail after two weeks. I am a *very* careful user who respects my gadgets, so these have been treated very well - particularly since I was already acutely aware of their fragility! The only use they get is walking to and from work with my phone in my pocket, and occasionally during work and around the house - nothing out of the ordinary at all, not even jogging with them etc!

The faults they exhibit all appear to be to do with failure of internal wiring. The first one lost the left channel, the second one the ability for smartphones to detect that it had an internal microphone, and the latest one now increasingly crackles/cuts out when you move the section just above the plug.

Apart from that, I enjoy the sound they produce, their comfort and their sensitivity. They are nice sounding headphones with a compact design and long tangle free cable. The mic/button section is overly large however (it only has one button) and I'm not fond of being forced to use the clip to keep it still - trying to use without this has been terrible as the mic rubs directly on shirt and cable transits lots of scraping/rubbing noises when moving.

Unfortunately, Klipsch appear to be unable to design these with sufficient reliability to handle even light use, and as my most used piece of tech equipment after my phone, it is a deal-breaker for me - sorry these are a dud.

Not recommended. I will be moving to Sennheisers or Shures by the look of it.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Poorly constructed, 1 Aug. 2013
Bought two of these for our sons to use with their LeapPads on a plane journey. The kids loved them, and it was handy that they had inline volume control, but one broke after only light use. The kids were really gentle with handling them, but even so, the speaker in one of the sides came loose internally and stopped working shortly after. Recently I took it apart to see why, and could see that the the gluing was poorly done and the wires very thin. I'm looking at a replacement pair now, and won't get this brand again because of the experience unfortunately.